• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWang

4/13 GDT: Red Wings 3 @ Blues 0

Rate this topic

I thought Sproul and Oulette looked okay. A lot of D mistakes from Sproul but man does that kid jump into the play. Oulette bigger than Sproul was more physical. The best defenseman in the first for the Wings was Smith. No doubt why he doesn't play all 3 situations is beyond me. Probably has to do with conditioning because his instincts on the PK are great.

I was talking to a Blackhawks fan yesterday (a real fan) and he said last year he could see the refs blatantly favouring the Blackhawks every game, especially through that 26 game streak

Even being an original 6 team, it feels like the Wings never get the benefit of the doubt.

The NHL seems to have fallen in love with the Hawks and the Pens and have grown tired of Detroit's consistent success.

I hope Sproul gets some more chances to let that boomer go on the point, both he and O have looked ok at the back. Some rookie hesitation moments that caught them out more so Sproul but hey if the didnt make any they'd have both been up all year. So far so good.

Edited by Andy Pred 48

Great first period by the wings despite us missing key guys and the blues as well. A couple things. I think lashoff is having a better game today since he is playing less with kindl. I think Sproul and oulette look primed and ready to go and should over kindl. However, most importantly, Pavel datsyuk was the best player on the ice. He was all over the place generating chances, has good speed and his dekes. He looks great with Nyquist so babs should keep franzen away from pav!!!

Damn forgot the game was on so early. How are they looking? Caught the last 5 minutes, and Mrazek looked very strong. The Blues don't look like the powerhouse they were earlier in the season either.

They seemed somewhat disjointed early on, then seemed to get better. Overall the play on both sides seems fractured, and Pav looks especially slow today. Hopefully he is just shying away from contact to be safe.