• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Shaman

The other team

Rate this topic

Most of us love playoff hockey, and have a list of teams we want to watch suffer defeat. Most of us will take a moral victory watching the Hawks, Pens and Ducks fail. The question though is who besides the Wings are you rooting for? For me it's the Jackets. They have been little brother for so long, and especially playing Pittsburgh seeing them at least make the second round would be a lot of fun to watch.

So besides Detroit who are you rooting for in the first round?

Nobody really. I'd love to see Pittsburgh lose. I hate both Chicago and St. Louis, so it's a shame they can't both lose. But if I root for another team, it's only because I don't want someone else to win. Not because I actually like that team I'm rooting for.

The last time I rooted for another team in and of itself was Anaheim in 2003. They had a lot of vets who'd never won the Cup, were a feelgood story, and I actually like Kariya in those days.

The Jackets. I sort of feel we were somewhat responsible for building a hockey market there and I like the style of game that they play. In the west Dallas because go Nill and I hate everyone else.

I could stand seeing the Flyers make a push. Also considering the past history and miserable playoff performances, it would be cool to see the Sharks go deep and surprise some people. Teams I really don't want to make it far are Pittsburgh, Boston, and New York.

In the 1st round, i'll be cheating for the wings 1st and as far as Im concerned every other match up can go 7 games double and triple OT every game with suspensions injuries and what ever evilness can be associated with that. If I had to pick I'd like to see the Rangers, Jackets and Id really like to play the Canadiens and kick their ass all over the ice call up my french co worker and blow an air horn right into the phone every time the wings scored.

Not sure about the west seems so distant now I'll be interested to see how Colorado does amongst all those giants out there. Id also like to see St Louis get what they traded for would be such a waste if they went out 1st round because they are slumping.