Sign in to follow this  
WingedWheel91

Round 1 Line Combinations

Rate this topic

Franzen - Datsyuk - Alfredsson

Abdelkader - Legwand - Nyquist

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco

Miller - Glendenning - helm

Whatever you do, Mike, do NOT touch Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco....

Edited by _SP_

I still don't get why Babs wants Nyquist and Datsyuk together so bad. You're putting your two most dynamic scorers on the same line against one of the better shutdown lines in hockey. Pair this with the fact that they don't play particularly well together and it just doesn't make sense.

I think we would want Gus and Pav to play as much as possible,so taking that into account I think the only way that would be accomplished is if they play on the same line; and the Kids line plays together that way those two lines will have the most minutes on the ice.

Lines at today's practice.

DMvDmK0t_bigger.jpeg

Forward lines at practice: Abby-Datsyuk-Mule, Nyquist-Sheahan-Tatar, Alfie-Helm-Jurco, Miller-Legwand-Glendening #RedWings

and now he switched them back :shout: .... whats going on

Babcock reverted back to former lines: Franzen-Datsyuk-Abdelkader, Tatar-Sheahan-Nyquist, Jurco-Helm-Alfredsson, Miller-Glendening-Legwand.

We have a shot at beating the B's if we use the line combinations that got us into the playoffs without Z and Dats. The explosiveness of the kids pays off. Reverting back to what was not working before they went down is a sure loss. If this is the lineup then we're in trouble:

Franzen-Datsyuk-Abdelkader, Tatar-Sheahan-Nyquist, Jurco-Helm-Alfredsson, Miller-Glendening-Legwand

I HATE franzen playing with pav! He is sooooo slow and gives absolutely no effort. Nyquist and pav form a much more speedy and skill line and it is speed that we need on every line to beat the bruins. Hope babs plays the lines from yesterday tomorrow.

I HATE franzen playing with pav! He is sooooo slow and gives absolutely no effort. Nyquist and pav form a much more speedy and skill line and it is speed that we need on every line to beat the bruins. Hope babs plays the lines from yesterday tomorrow.

Are you predicating this statement on what you wish would happen or what actually happens in reality? Nyquist does not produce on Datsyuk's wing. Putting him there is a waste, no matter how much of boner it gives everyone.

To beat Boston we need production, proven production. This is not the time to try and develop chemistry or teach guys how to play with new linemates.

Edited by kipwinger

I'd like to see:

Alfredsson-Datsyuk-Abdelkader

Nyquist-Legwand-Franzen

Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco

Miller-Helm-Glendening

Don't play Pav+Franzen, and let Nyquist be his lines catalyst. Then roll the 3rd and 4th lines against Bostons and we're just as deep if not deeper then them. (Kelly and Paille are doubtful for Game 1, advantage us.)

"Playoff" Franzen (if you even want to call him that anymore) better show up or that's a complete waste of Pavel Datsyuk. Abby isn't so bad if Z is on the other wing, but bored Franzen makes that line a wreck.

Are you predicating this statement on what you wish would happen or what actually happens in reality? Nyquist does not produce on Datsyuk's wing. Putting him there is a waste, no matter how much of boner it gives everyone.

To beat Boston we need production, proven production. This is not the time to try and develop chemistry or teach guys how to play with new linemates.

There's a much bigger sample size of Pav and Franzen not clicking than Pav and Gus. Babs has been forcing Pav and Franzen together for years with no real success. Now it's just with Abby, instead of Bertuzzi.

"Playoff" Franzen (if you even want to call him that anymore) better show up or that's a complete waste of Pavel Datsyuk. Abby isn't so bad if Z is on the other wing, but bored Franzen makes that line a wreck.

There's a much bigger sample size of Pav and Franzen not clicking than Pav and Gus. Babs has been forcing Pav and Franzen together for years with no real success. Now it's just with Abby, instead of Bertuzzi.

Who the hell said Franzen should play with Datsyuk? Not me. Franzen-Legwand-Nyquist and Alfie-Dats-Abby.

It's that simple.

Edit: Not Andy but rather Abby with Datsyuk. Edited to reflect the change.

Edited by kipwinger

By putting Gus with Dats, It should create space for one of them. I am afraid if you split them they will double team them. Gus although can be a little soft, I like his speed and hands vs Chara.

I thought the last few games the Jurco-Helm-Alfie line has played pretty well. Still it all depends on what happens on the top line and if we can get Frazen going. I'm really praying he wakes up a bit and plays like he did in the 08 playoffs because this series will be very very interesting.

Who do we think is going to sit when Z comes back? Ansar Khan reckons Glendening but I don't see him coming out.

By putting Gus with Dats, It should create space for one of them. I am afraid if you split them they will double team them. Gus although can be a little soft, I like his speed and hands vs Chara.

pretty good sample of that a few games ago if I recall correctly ;)

Who do we think is going to sit when Z comes back? Ansar Khan reckons Glendening but I don't see him coming out.

I hope it's Franzen!

Z-Dats-Abby

Gus-Helm-Alfie

Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco

Miller-Glendening-Legwand

I thought the last few games the Jurco-Helm-Alfie line has played pretty well. Still it all depends on what happens on the top line and if we can get Frazen going. I'm really praying he wakes up a bit and plays like he did in the 08 playoffs because this series will be very very interesting.

Not that I would necessarily agree with the decision, but my guess would be Jurco. Babs loves Glendening too much for him to sit.

According to Redwings.com he's ruled out a round 1 return.

I got a sneaking suspision that there just saying that. And he will be back late in the first round. Just my thought tho

Zetty himself is trying for game 6 or 7 so til I hear otherwise I will continue to hope. As for who sits when zetty is back, I say it should be franzen assuming he continues to do nothing. Glendening has a role that he fulfills very well each game. Jurco is a constant contributed and has played well on any line he is on and competes. FranZen has done nothing and unless that changes he deserves to sit.

Zetty himself is trying for game 6 or 7 so til I hear otherwise I will continue to hope. As for who sits when zetty is back, I say it should be franzen assuming he continues to do nothing. Glendening has a role that he fulfills very well each game. Jurco is a constant contributed and has played well on any line he is on and competes. FranZen has done nothing and unless that changes he deserves to sit.

I cannot disagree with this statement, it's just hard taking the mule out cause he can singlehandedly win you a series ala colorado 08. But again it's hard to take glendening out cause he's a major pest and can shut down top lines. Then you love to jurco who has insane chemistry with sheahan and Tatar so he's hard to take out. The real question is do you think you can still have a good pk without miller, if yes then he goes out IMO. I would have

Z- pav- mule

Nyquist-Legwand-alfy

Tatar-sheahan-jurco

Abby-helm-glendening

First line could literally be unstoppable. Second line has speed with nyquist, Legwand is a solid playmaker and alfy can shoot the puck. You can also switch alfy and franzen. 3rd line we all know about. 4th line is about as close as you can get to the grind line.

The best thing about these lines is I feel comfortable with any of the lines up against any line on basically any team in the league.

To directly quote Zetterberg:

“Time-wise we were shooting for Round 2 if everything goes well.”

This seems like the optimistic view is that he will start round 2.

Edited by Shaman