• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingedWheel91

Round 1 Line Combinations

Rate this topic

Right but he also said he isn't ruling out game 6 or 7 so I guess we will have to see but I think he is aiming for late this series.

The term 'if things go well' tends to tell me that the optimistic prognosis is second round. Also that assumes this team can get to the late first round.

I think at this point we need to just go with the assumption Z will be out the whole series. I will keep saying it for Franzen to get hot make him earn his ice time. Only Babcock knows how he will respond to adversity. No sense of giving him valuable ice time when these youngsters are playing so well.

Lines at today's practice.

and now he switched them back :shout: .... whats going on

I think Babs is messing with the media and keeping the bruins guessing on lines and Z.

Wings lines morning skate at TD Garden: Franzen-Datsyuk-Abdelkader, Tatar-Sheahan-Nyquist, Jurco-Helm-Alfredsson, Miller-Glendening-Legwand

Monica McAlister@MonicaMcAlister 28m

RT @HammerFox2 Zetterberg is on the ice with his team this morning in Boston. Shooting pucks and moving pretty well. pic.twitter.com/ad9MTsyxX5

read what you want, I am not saying he will be back for Game 1 but I see him in for next weekend. *If necessary.

Edited by Smite

Heres what WILL happen:

Franzen - Dats - Abby (hate this line)

Tatar - Sheahan - Nyquist

Jurco/Miller - Helm - Alfie/Bertuzzi :(

Miller/Jurco - Glendenning - Legwand

Kronwall - Smith

Dekeyser - Quincey

Kindl - Lashoff

Here's what I think would be the most productive lineup with the assumption that sproul/oullet remain in the minors:

Nyquist - Dats - Abby

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco

Franzen - Helm/Legwand - Alfredsson

Miller - Glendenning - Legwand/Helm

Kronwall/Smith

Dekeyser/Lashoff

Quincey/Kindl

Lash/Kindl NEED to be separated if we have any chance of making it anywhere. That might be the worst D pairing I've seen in detroit in recent time. Smith can't be removed from Kronner as he is clearly at his best with someone reliable beside him. The bottom 2 pairings are balanced out as much as possible this way.

Dats has shown to not play well with franzen/alfie but I'm sure we'll still see that combination throughout the first round. IMO, he needs a player like abby with another fast skilled forward such as nyquist/jurco on his line. IF franzen decides to show up for a few shifts he'd be okay on datsyuks line as long as there is that skilled forward on that line as well.

You Sir (or Madam), must not have been around for the Lilja / Lebda (or Meech) pairing.

Lashoff has been nothing if not defensively sound and serviceable. Nothing flashy, but ho-hum and gettin it done.

I will agree that Kindl does not impress. He's been a liability more often than not, but at least the guy can skate. Can't say that about Lilja.

Heres what WILL happen:

Franzen - Dats - Abby (hate this line)

Tatar - Sheahan - Nyquist

Jurco/Miller - Helm - Alfie/Bertuzzi :(

Miller/Jurco - Glendenning - Legwand

Kronwall - Smith

Dekeyser - Quincey

Kindl - Lashoff

Here's what I think would be the most productive lineup with the assumption that sproul/oullet remain in the minors:

Nyquist - Dats - Abby

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco

Franzen - Helm/Legwand - Alfredsson

Miller - Glendenning - Legwand/Helm

Kronwall/Smith

Dekeyser/Lashoff

Quincey/Kindl

Lash/Kindl NEED to be separated if we have any chance of making it anywhere. That might be the worst D pairing I've seen in detroit in recent time. Smith can't be removed from Kronner as he is clearly at his best with someone reliable beside him. The bottom 2 pairings are balanced out as much as possible this way.

Dats has shown to not play well with franzen/alfie but I'm sure we'll still see that combination throughout the first round. IMO, he needs a player like abby with another fast skilled forward such as nyquist/jurco on his line. IF franzen decides to show up for a few shifts he'd be okay on datsyuks line as long as there is that skilled forward on that line as well.

You Sir (or Madam), must not have been around for the Lilja / Lebda (or Meech) pairing.

Lashoff has been nothing if not defensively sound and serviceable. Nothing flashy, but ho-hum and gettin it done.

I will agree that Kindl does not impress. He's been a liability more often than not, but at least the guy can skate. Can't say that about Lilja.

Actually lashoff hasn't been very good with kindl, they don't compliment each other at all