80 replies to this topic

#21 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:17 AM

If it were me:

Franzen - Datsyuk - Nyquist -- Bergeron line and Chara.

Abby - Legwand - Alfie -- Soderberg line

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco -- Paille line

Miller - Helm - Glendening -- Krejci line

These 2 lines may be the difference maker in this series...if the kids can outplay the Paille line and Helm's line can keep Krejci's line in check then this gives the Wing's a punchers chance.

Edited by MotorCityMadness, 15 April 2014 - 12:18 AM.

HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#22 FifeHockeyNut

FifeHockeyNut

Rookie

• Pip
  • 169 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:27 AM

Not I said the fly.  When Nyquist is on a line with Dats he doesn't seem to produce.  Leave him with Legwand and Franzen and but Dats with Alfie and Abdelkader until Z gets back.  Nothing about Dats and Nyquist playing together thus far has been a success, the only reason everybody likes it is because they're mesmerized by the thought of the two together...regardless of the cold hard reality. 

Exactly! Gus is in awe when he plays with Datsyuk.

#23 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:35 AM

Not I said the fly.  When Nyquist is on a line with Dats he doesn't seem to produce.  Leave him with Legwand and Franzen and but Dats with Alfie and Abdelkader until Z gets back.  Nothing about Dats and Nyquist playing together thus far has been a success, the only reason everybody likes it is because they're mesmerized by the thought of the two together...regardless of the cold hard reality. 

The cold hard reality of what ? Playing together for maybe 8 games in his career with Datsyuk. Chemistry isn't a thing you learn overnight, look no further then Abby.

#24 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,259 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:50 AM

The cold hard reality of what ? Playing together for maybe 8 games in his career with Datsyuk. Chemistry isn't a thing you learn overnight, look no further then Abby.

I actually agree with your thoughts here.  But a Stanley Cup playoff series against arguably the best team in the league isn't exactly the time to be hashing out chemistry issues.  We already know that Nyquist can score with Franzen and Legwand.  Leave him there and let him produce immediately.  We're going to need it. 

Edited by kipwinger, 15 April 2014 - 06:51 AM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#25 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,871 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:58 PM

No, we're not.

2.jpg

;)

Who's #71?

Edited by Euro_Twins, 15 April 2014 - 07:58 PM.

#26 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:32 PM

http://www.nhl.com/i....htm?id=8466149

The herpes of hockey - because - wait for it -

HE WON'T GO AWAY!!!

Who's #71?

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by Heineken and sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#27 nawein

nawein

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:36 PM

We all know it's going to be:
93-13-8
21-15-14
26-43-11
20-41-17
Just so no one here is happy.

If I got to decide I'd run with:
8-13-11
14-17-93
21-15-26
20-41-43
But then again I'm not the best coach in the world so..

#28 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,497 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:56 PM

I can deal with Abby playing with Pav a little more if Franzen isn't on that line too. Both of them combined is just wasting Pavel unless Franzen decides to play hockey again soon.

Nyquist - Datsyuk - Abby
Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco
Franzen - Helm - Alfie
Miller - Glendening - Legwand

Franzen and Alfie really have to be better offensively for the Wings to compete with the Bruins. The kid line will be fine and Glendening's line will be important because I think it would be ideal to get Bergeron away from Datsyuk.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#29 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,224 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:18 PM

8 13 11

14 17  93

21 15  26

20  41  43

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#30 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,871 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:35 PM

http://www.nhl.com/i....htm?id=8466149

The herpes of hockey - because - wait for it -

HE WON'T GO AWAY!!!

Oh Ya lol, I always forget he switched to #71

#31 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:13 PM

Alrighty the wings aren't going to be able to match up with Boston. So we will have to have great play from our centers. I see Glendening against Bergeron and Datsyuk against Krejci. After that Kid line against Kelly line. I really think that's where the series will be decided. Whomever gets the best of that matchup will win it. If I had my druthers I would line them up like this.

Abdelkader Datsyuk Jurco
Nyquist Sheahan Tartar
Miller Glendening Legwand
Franzen Helm Alfredsson

Kronwall Smith
Dekeyser Quicney
Lashoff Kindl
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#32 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,275 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:01 AM

It’s sad that we’re allf****** around with forward line combos. 

The forward lines currently match up well with the Bruins IMO. I actually think we have the edge. 

But unless you have the option to insert either a) Jesus or b) Optimus Prime into the lineup on defence, their are no defensive pairings that can collectively shut down the Bears.  

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#33 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:29 AM

@AnsarKhanMLive: Lines juggled: Nyquist-Datsyuk-Abdelkader, Franzen-Helm-Alfredsson, Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco, Miller-Glendening-Legwand.

I like these lines a lot more than what they used yesterday

#34 nawein

nawein

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:29 AM

Lines at the skate today are:

14-13-8
93-43-11
21-15-26
20-41-17

Edit: Per Khaaaaaan

Edited by nawein, 16 April 2014 - 10:30 AM.

#35 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:35 AM

@AnsarKhanMLive: First power-play unit: Datsyuk, Franzen, Nyquist, Legwand (net front), Kronwall; 2nd unit: Jurco, Tatar, Sheahan (net front), Alfredsson, DK

#36 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:37 AM

It’s sad that we’re allf****** around with forward line combos. 

The forward lines currently match up well with the Bruins IMO. I actually think we have the edge. 

But unless you have the option to insert either a) Jesus or b) Optimus Prime into the lineup on defence, their are no defensive pairings that can collectively shut down the Bears.  

Well, we don't have those options, so there's nothing to really talk about on defense. Our defense is plan is: Limit the exposure of Kindl-Lashoff, try not to get anyone in the top 4 hurt, and hope Smith doesn't go full retard.

Alrighty the wings aren't going to be able to match up with Boston. So we will have to have great play from our centers. I see Glendening against Bergeron and Datsyuk against Krejci. After that Kid line against Kelly line. I really think that's where the series will be decided. Whomever gets the best of that matchup will win it. If I had my druthers I would line them up like this.

Abdelkader Datsyuk Jurco
Nyquist Sheahan Tartar
Miller Glendening Legwand
Franzen Helm Alfredsson

Kronwall Smith
Dekeyser Quicney
Lashoff Kindl

Don't think there's much chance of getting Bergeron away from Datsyuk. I'd want Glendening against Krejci anyway. Lucic and Iggy are both hotheads, so I think Glenny could get to them. With Miller and Helm I think we'd have a decent chance of neutralizing them.

I like our kid line (either the Nyquist or Jurco option) against their 3rd or 4th (though I do worry a little about Campbell and Thornton douching it up). I think they could at least make up any shortfall from above and possibly even give us an edge.

I'd like to see Datsyuk given enough firepower to beat Bergeron/Chara, as I think whatever we put out against Kelly-Soderberg-Eriksson will be able to hold their own. The other option is to concede the Bergeron matchup and try to exploit Soderberg. But the Bergeron line scores so well I think we need to make it as tough for them on defense as we can.

Regardless, it's a hell of a challenge. We're going to need a lot of guys at their best, and probably less than the best from the Bruins.

#37 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,259 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:51 AM

Well, we don't have those options, so there's nothing to really talk about on defense. Our defense is plan is: Limit the exposure of Kindl-Lashoff, try not to get anyone in the top 4 hurt, and hope Smith doesn't go full retard.

Don't think there's much chance of getting Bergeron away from Datsyuk. I'd want Glendening against Krejci anyway. Lucic and Iggy are both hotheads, so I think Glenny could get to them. With Miller and Helm I think we'd have a decent chance of neutralizing them.

I like our kid line (either the Nyquist or Jurco option) against their 3rd or 4th (though I do worry a little about Campbell and Thornton douching it up). I think they could at least make up any shortfall from above and possibly even give us an edge.

I'd like to see Datsyuk given enough firepower to beat Bergeron/Chara, as I think whatever we put out against Kelly-Soderberg-Eriksson will be able to hold their own. The other option is to concede the Bergeron matchup and try to exploit Soderberg. But the Bergeron line scores so well I think we need to make it as tough for them on defense as we can.

Regardless, it's a hell of a challenge. We're going to need a lot of guys at their best, and probably less than the best from the Bruins.

Personally I think that Dats, Abby, Alfie could play the Bergeron line even.  I also think the Kid Line would give the Krejci line fits because of it's speed and because Sheahan and Jurco are the biggest and strongest options we've got to play against Lucic and Iginla.  If we could get a wash out of those two and free up a Franzen, Legwand, Nyquist line to play against their third line, I think we could beat them.  And it goes without saying that Miller, Helm, and Glendening would eat their fourth line alive/provide for defensive relief with defensive zone starts for the kids/augmenting the Kindl-Lashoff pairing. 

Your thoughts?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#38 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:55 AM

Well this is what I wanted the other day:

Nyquist - Dats - Abby

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco

Franzen - Helm/Legwand - Alfredsson

Miller - Glendenning - Legwand/Helm

and this is what lines were at practice today:

Nyquist-Datsyuk-Abdelkader, Franzen-Helm-Alfredsson, Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco, Miller-Glendening-Legwand.

Glad babs if finally lurking LGW and listening to me :lol: 

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing. The goalie then gives up, and flops like a fish. The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#39 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,871 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:07 AM

Well this is what I wanted the other day:

Nyquist - Dats - Abby

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco

Franzen - Helm/Legwand - Alfredsson

Miller - Glendenning - Legwand/Helm

and this is what lines were at practice today:

Nyquist-Datsyuk-Abdelkader, Franzen-Helm-Alfredsson, Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco, Miller-Glendening-Legwand.

Glad babs if finally lurking LGW and listening to me :lol: 

Lol looks good to me

#40 StayClassy

StayClassy

Babcock's Doormat

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 11:17 AM

I thought Legwand has been great as a center, can anyone explain to me putting him on the 4th as 41's winger? Is it just to have a pure shutdown line or what?

"Let him live."