80 replies to this topic

#81 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 02:17 PM

Heres what WILL happen:

Franzen - Dats - Abby         (hate this line)
Tatar - Sheahan - Nyquist
Jurco/Miller - Helm - Alfie/Bertuzzi :(
Miller/Jurco - Glendenning - Legwand

Kronwall - Smith
Dekeyser - Quincey
Kindl - Lashoff

Here's what I think would be the most productive lineup with the assumption that sproul/oullet remain in the minors:

Nyquist - Dats - Abby
Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco
Franzen - Helm/Legwand - Alfredsson
Miller - Glendenning - Legwand/Helm

Kronwall/Smith
Dekeyser/Lashoff
Quincey/Kindl

Lash/Kindl NEED to be separated if we have any chance of making it anywhere. That might be the worst D pairing I've seen in detroit in recent time. Smith can't be removed from Kronner as he is clearly at his best with someone reliable beside him. The bottom 2 pairings are balanced out as much as possible this way.

Dats has shown to not play well with franzen/alfie but I'm sure we'll still see that combination throughout the first round. IMO, he needs a player like abby with another fast skilled forward such as nyquist/jurco on his line. IF franzen decides to show up for a few shifts he'd be okay on datsyuks line as long as there is that skilled forward on that line as well. 

You Sir (or Madam), must not have been around for the Lilja / Lebda (or Meech) pairing. 

Lashoff has been nothing if not defensively sound and serviceable.  Nothing flashy, but ho-hum and gettin it done.

I will agree that Kindl does not impress.  He's been a liability more often than not, but at least the guy can skate.  Can't say that about Lilja.

Actually lashoff hasn't been very good with kindl, they don't compliment each other at all