• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

WCQF - Series F - Blues vs. Blackhawks

Rate this topic

Lol for all the people wanting to trade Howard + for Miller, he isn't doing very well in st. Louis. I think Howard is better

I would def take Howard every day over Miller. Miller is sorta better than Halak, but the Blues goaltending wasn't the issue. It was their lack of killer forwards to bury goals. And their defense isn't as great as they all claim. Better than ours, but I saw countless times Bou and Jackman getting smoked by average forwards with average speed.

Lol for all the people wanting to trade Howard + for Miller, he isn't doing very well in st. Louis. I think Howard is better

I was gonna say, Miller has not looked especially l33t. Drew's probably pretty bummed for his older bro right now.

The Blues fanbase, I think, is worse than Chicago.

Only the Kings are likeable in the West.

You're saying the blues fan base is worse than a fan base that chants Detroit sucks? Worse than a fan base that lives by every word Eddie O spits out? Edited by MTU_Huskies963

I think Miller is steadier, more consistent. Howard has that zone of his, though, where he can win three games in a row all by himself. Overall, pretty even, but I'd give Miller a slight edge.

Rinne is still my favorite.

Edited by Dabura

You're saying the blues fan base is worse than a fan base that chants Detroit sucks? Worse than a fan base that lives by every word Eddie O spits out?

St Louis crowds are horrendous as a fan. Even knowledgeable Blues fans can't stand most of them.

I think Miller is steadier, more consistent. Howard has that zone of his, though, where he can win three games in a row all by himself. Overall, pretty even, but I'd give Miller a slight edge.

Rinne is still my favorite.

Rask is my favorite. Miller has not been consistent at all since he left buffalo. I don't think he's any better at all, he has a better d in front of him than Howard and puts up worse numbers

Watching a replay of that second goal it was clear goaltender interference. Not really surprised NBC said nothing about it.

I dont think NBC likes to create a lot of controversy like ESPN or CBS during the NCAA bb tourney do...but they do usually at least suggest something. The fact that the Hawks first 2 goals were both sketchy at best seemed to completely miss them

I dont think NBC likes to create a lot of controversy like ESPN or CBS during the NCAA bb tourney do...but they do usually at least suggest something. The fact that the Hawks first 2 goals were both sketchy at best seemed to completely miss them

I disagree. Nbc has no problem creating controversy or stirring the pot when the team in question is not named Chicago or Pittsburgh

Rask is my favorite. Miller has not been consistent at all since he left buffalo. I don't think he's any better at all, he has a better d in front of him than Howard and puts up worse numbers

Well, his numbers were pretty good on a last-place Sabres team. And he had that performance in the Olympics. It hasn't really worked out for him with the Blues, but looking at his body of work, I think it's hard to argue that Howard is clearly better. Plus, the Blues have sort of self-destructed as a team, e.g. their offense dried up. I wouldn't say he totally failed his new team.

So, I rate Howard and Miller as pretty even, but I feel like I'd probably be more comfortable with Miller in net. Then again, which Jimmy Howard are we talking about?

Well, his numbers were pretty good on a last-place Sabres team. And he had that performance in the Olympics. It hasn't really worked out for him with the Blues, but looking at his body of work, I think it's hard to argue that Howard is clearly better. Plus, the Blues have sort of self-destructed as a team, e.g. their offense dried up. I wouldn't say he totally failed his new team.

So, I rate Howard and Miller as pretty even, but I feel like I'd probably be more comfortable with Miller in net. Then again, which Jimmy Howard are we talking about?

I agree his body of work was better in buffalo but some players thrive in a no pressure zone on a bad team. I just don't see Miller coming to Detroit and having any better numbers then Howie and I've been saying that same thing for a couple years. Mrazek on the other hand in 2 years time I can see being one of the best nhl goalies around