• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#81 SimonSin

SimonSin

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:36 AM

If I'm Holland my first task would be speed dialing Wilson and asking for Vlasic

The Kings are looking very similar to the 2012 one destinated for greatness, wow.

LOL at the crowd giving it to the team but damn there was a serious blond hotty in the stands wow.

I don't think Vlasic is going anywhere. Even the NBC guys were saying Vlasic going down is one of the reasons the Sharks blew it. If anything I think Thorton or Marleau could get traded.

#82 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:44 AM

I don't think Vlasic is going anywhere. Even the NBC guys were saying Vlasic going down is one of the reasons the Sharks blew it. If anything I think Thorton or Marleau could get traded.

I'd be s***tin kittens if Holland were to pull off a trade for Brent Burns

#83 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,951 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:02 AM

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#84 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:23 AM

Well if this proved anything, it's that things could always be worse. We could all be Sharks fans.

You think WE are frustrated and annoyed with our team? Imagine dealing with this over the last how many years with no championships.

Incredible feat for the Kings, I think a few of us had it in the back of our heads that if a team was going to come back from a 3-0 hole this year it likely would be against the Sharks. I don't know how I would handle the choke as a fan on their side of the ice after their playoff history in recent memory.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#85 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:48 AM

You may be right but I could see them pressing the panick button and look for offers, Thornton and Marleau won't net them a grandslam like return. Vlasic, Couture would do so.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#86 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:20 AM

It's a reminder that things can always be worse...
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#87 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:45 AM

Hindenburg-disaster-640x483.jpg

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#88 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,246 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:19 AM

It would be like Christmas in April!

♪ ♫ Jingle bells, jingle bells..♫♪

Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#89 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,764 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:24 AM

For those people wanting Vlassic, who would we trade to get him?

I am sure we will see many humorous posts about Glendenning, Abdelkader, and so on being offered up, but Vlassic isn't going to be moving unless we really offered up a top prospect.  Such as Mantha for instance.

The Sharks may in fact blow their team up, but they won't take scraps for their assets.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#90 FireCaptain

FireCaptain

This space for rent.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:48 AM

As opposed to a tighter league? 

Oh, L-O-S-E-R? Right, got it.

Blues and Sharks can create a looser league an play there.

Most nights, my posts are brought to you by some sort of IPA and a heaping dose of sarcasm.
Success has a thousand fathers, failure is an orphan.
We not score, is hard to win. - Pavel Datsyuk #13

#91 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:19 AM

Its kind of amazing how these failures keep happening to such a talented team.  Its equally amazing that this team has stayed together after so many failures.  I mean, yeah, they're good, but they're never going to win anything aside from their division or a presidents trophy.  Champions don't blow 3-0 leads.  If the ownerships' goal is to sell tickets and be competitive, then stick with them.  However, if they want to win a championship, they need to make changes.  Big changes.  This is the second time in 4 years they blew a 3-0 lead.  I would think enough would be enough by now.

#92 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,150 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:05 AM

I wonder how McLellan now feels about putting his top PP unit out for a 5 on 3 when his team was up 6-2 with 10 minutes left?  

There's a YT video on page 2 where Don Cherry talks about it.  After getting shelled that night Quick doesn't hang his head, he skates down the bench talking to his teammates, then waits by the gate and taps them all as they head off the ice.  No sulking, just motivation.

Kings take the Sharks to OT next game, then never lose again. 

#93 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,955 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 01:27 PM

Just over five to go. How ironic that the 4th team to ever come back to win a series after trailing 3-0 feature two players from the 3rd ever team to do so in 2010, Carter and Richards. 

And three years ago, there were two instances (Detroit and Chicago) where a team down 3-0 almost came back.  I'm starting to think there's a recent trend in the NHL now where a 3-0 lead is no big deal.

This series wasn't even close in the end.  LA outscored San Hosay something like 18-5 in the last four games.  Total domination and blowouts.  You wonder how the series could have ever been close before that.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#94 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,079 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:36 PM

So great seeing the Sharks choke. Gotta think Jumbo and Marleau get traded and Boyle is let go and they build around their young players.

#NOMOREKINDL

#95 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,951 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:17 PM

10334342_10203765588288755_6895467667766

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#96 brett

brett

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,103 posts

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:24 PM

wow sharks are terrible in the playoffs. awesome all season then choke