• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

ECQF - Series A - Bruins versus Red Wings

Rate this topic

Ansar Khan and Brenden Savage both picked Boston. I'm currently making them rue the day by utilizing the comments of my arrogantly ignorant Mlive character "TheGlistening" to baffle, confuse, and idiotically insult them. In past exchanges I've accused them of being the "liberal media" for reporting Red Wings loses, as well as attempted to arrange a Khan v. Albom celebrity boxing match for a charity of TheGlistening's choice. In that case it was a fundraiser to support my character's made up dance troupe "The Tri-City Manikins" located in Saginaw, MI.

Don't ever be a Michigan sports writer and pick the opposition on my watch.

Edited by kipwinger

Ansar Khan and Brenden Savage both picked Boston. I'm currently making them rue the day by utilizing the comments of my arrogantly ignorant Mlive character "TheGlistening" to baffle, confuse, and idiotically insult them. In past exchanges I've accused them of being the "liberal media" for reporting Red Wings loses, as well as attempted to arrange a Khan v. Albom celebrity boxing match for a charity of TheGlistening's choice. In that case it was a fundraiser to support my character's made up dance troupe "The Tri-City Manikins" located in Saginaw, MI.

Don't ever be a Michigan sports writer and pick the opposition on my watch.

:lol:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is my favorite post of the season.

If you like that you might want to check out the comments section on the article below. It's getting out of hand. http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/04/mlivecoms_ansar_khan_brendan_s.html

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I think this is my favorite:

"bowilson10 minutes ago

Get on it, boys. Smoke him out.

LikeReplyShare"

Smoke him out indeed....

:lol:

@HeleneStJames: Helene St. James: My NHL award ballot choices for 2013-14 #transparency #phwa @phwa

http://t.co/1FVaLqbUnk via @freep

Helene <3's Boston too. SMOKE HER OUT KIP.

I don't currently have a Free Press alter ego. Apparently I need one. I created The Glistening to torture a good friend of mine who writes for Mlive. He finally caught on but it's just too much fun. But I've got St. James firmly in my sights now.

im thinking helm needs to dominate chara like he dominated jovo a few seasons ago,

the first shift babs needs to have his big boys on the ice abs helm glendenning smith kronwall and just full out rail everyone

if wings can manage to get through boston healthy and then get zetterberg back look out cause the competition drops tremendously

Ladies and gentlemen, you heard it here first, two bold predictions for this series. The Datsyuk and Bergeron lines cancel one another out thus freeing up the eventual reconstituted Legwand, Franzen, and Nyquist line and the Goose gets loose. SECONDLY, and this is the big one...after taking some time to identify the mismatch and grow comfortable with it, Uncle Mike matches up the kid line against the Krejci, Iginla, Lucic line and the latter never get to another loose puck for the remainder of the series. Speed kills.

Bonus Prediction: Wings in five. f*** you Boston.

Took the words right out of my mouth!

I'm worried.

I saw some big doofus in the STL game, maybe number 75 or 74 (reaves or oshii?) take Datsyuk down on the near boards on neutral ice and the refs just watched it happen. It was basically a tackle. With Dats missing his extra step, I think he is really susceptible to a brutal hit by Boston guys and we will get no recompense from it, not even a PP probably.

Can Datsyuk play near 100%? Can Smith avoid giving Boston free goals? How quick will the young guns adjust to playoff hockey?

Don't worry about it. I spoke with Tomas Tatar today and he assured me that while he has every intention of listening to loud music, getting smashed, and chasing tail all night; it absolutely will not hinder his ability to score two goals (including the game winner) tomorrow night. It was more than a guarantee...he said it was basically science.

Tatar + (booze x women x dancing) = Playoff success.

Or something of the like.

Don't worry about it. I spoke with Tomas Tatar today and he assured me that while he has every intention of listening to loud music, getting smashed, and chasing tail all night; it absolutely will not hinder his ability to score two goals (including the game winner) tomorrow night. It was more than a guarantee...he said it was basically science.

Tatar + (booze x women x dancing) = Playoff success.

Or something of the like.

Bottleofsmoke we need you to take one for the team again!! :)

Leggy deserves to know what it feels like to lift the Stanley Cup,After spending 15 seasons in Nashville.

I like Legwand and all, but nobody on this team deserves more than Alfie...except maybe Bert. I've secretly always wished to see Todd Bertuzzi get handed the Stanley Cup.