• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#41 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:04 AM

Too many threads, so just putting this in here.

Have folks seen this:

tumblr_n3welfJPQ01toayg8o1_1280.jpg

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#42 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:11 AM

Got a big feeling that a lot of people are gonna know who Riley sheahan is after this series! Kid looks to be a perfect playoff player

#43 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,617 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:20 AM

WTF happened to Amonte? Geez dude, it looks like you just rolled out of bed, had a dozen doughnuts and a gallon of milk....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#44 GoWings!

GoWings!

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:44 AM

If we can manage to fluidly get the puck out of our zone on breakouts and get some clutch goaltending, we have a shot. Boston is gonna be physical and gonna try to rough up our skill guys(Pav, Tatar, Nyquist). We are gonna need Franzen and Alfredsson to wake up from their extended naps and play like they want the Cup. Oh and stay out of the damn penalty box! Go Wings!!

#45 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,061 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:52 AM

http://kuklaskorner....tion-management

We will not beat Boston.

The odds are too high. They're too deep.  Asking James Tiberius Howard to steal 4 games against that team is just too much. They're too tough, a machine. Drago.

Right?  I mean, there is no chance, is there?  Certainly not.

We shouldn't give any weight to the thought that Mike Babcock, the most brilliant hockey mind (minus a steel plate) on earth, has five days to prepare, right?  No way a coach can make that much difference when you have two teams so widely separated in talent and grit like these two.  No way.  I mean, we've never seen an 8 seed change their style, or leverage their existing style, to defeat a heavy favorite..have we?  I've searched my memory banks all the way back to '07 and I just can't find an example of that.

Should I go a year further?  What?  Oh...2006.  Yes.

No one, not a single person on the planet, is predicting a Wing victory in this series.  Fewer people picked Edmonton in '06.

Dwayne Roloson beat us in '06. Craig MacTavish trapped us and beat us.  It was horrific.

But it can't happen again.  Boston's too good.

Right?

Unless the Wings win one of the first two.  I think I read that somewhere.  I'll have to check.  But I think I may have read it right here.

30 April 2013

We need at least one in ridiculous Anaheim.  Game 1 would be preferable, but we'll take 2 if it's offered.  Give us both and it will be on *****-style.

Interesting, isn't it? Wouldn't it be?  Wouldn't it be just downright intriguing if the Wings came back to the Joe next Tuesday with a split?  Of course, it can't happen. The odds are just too tall.  We don't have the guns. Datsyuk is healing.  Nyquist can't seem to score with 13 back in. Franzen has disappeared, of course. Zetterberg is out for the first round...wait. What?

“It’s good news he’s going to skate with the team (Tuesday), but the bigger news is how does he feel on Wednesday,” Holland continued. “Then, if feels good enough to skate on Wednesday then the next bigger news will be how does he feel to skate on Thursday.”

Well, that's just downright quirky.

Forget about it, though. I'm sure the Captain won't be back.  Just stow it away and forget it was mentioned. Certainly his return is just too much to consider. And I'm sure he'd be all rusty and slow and fragile. I'm also sure that if he came back the team wouldn't get any sort of emotional lift. Plus, it's not like he's ever done anything in the playoffs before.  He kind of withers in April, doesn't he?

I love being an 8 seed.

I love the playoffs.

I love hockey.

I love the Detroit Red Wings.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#46 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:12 PM

Hope to see a lot of this:

nyquist.gif

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!

#47 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:20 PM

I like it.  To be the best you have to beat the best.  If this team can get past the big bad Bruins, they just might become unstoppable.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#48 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:23 PM

Whew I just got chills

#49 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:47 PM

Too many threads, so just putting this in here.

Have folks seen this:

tumblr_n3welfJPQ01toayg8o1_1280.jpg

This is awesome.  "When all else fails, why NOT support a historic franchise with excellent coaching, solid young player development, and consistently sane management"?  Yes:  Detroit.  No: Philadelphia. 

Truer words were never spoken. 

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#50 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,061 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 01:14 PM

You know what else I love?

Firstly, that we're too old young.

Secondly (and this is what the Chief was mainly saying), that people's memory stretches back only as far as 2012. (OMG KINGS OMG!!!) Huge upsets that no one could've predicted? They pretty much never happen. Just look at the Wings...

• '95 - Wings beat the Devils.
  • '96 - Wings beat the Avalanche and went on to beat the Panthers.
  • '97 - Flyers beat the Wings.
  • '03 - Wings beat the Ducks. (What ever happened to that Mark Babcock fellow? He seemed nice.)
  • '04 - Flames did upset the Northwest Division champion Canucks in the first round, but even if they'd somehow managed to knock off the Presidents' Trophy winning Wings in the second round (they didn't), the Pacific Division champion Sharks very likely would've been waiting for them in the WCF. Sorry, but the Flames were not going to eliminate three division champs. No one eliminates three division champs in a row.
  • '06 - Wings beat the Oilers.
  • '12 - Wings beat the Predators.
  • '13 - Ducks beat the Wings.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#51 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,061 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:05 PM

http://www.cbc.ca/sp...ff-preview.html

7. "If you look at their history," said one exec, "If you're going to get Boston, you might as well get them in the first round." The last three seasons, they've gone to a Game 7 overtime in the opening stage, winning two and losing one.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#52 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:18 PM

This is awesome.  "When all else fails, why NOT support a historic franchise with excellent coaching, solid young player development, and consistently sane management"?  Yes:  Detroit.  No: Philadelphia. 

What makes that more awesome, is if you look up the guys twitter handle (in upper right)....he's a Flyers fan.

I like how he defined the East as Boston and Detroit.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!

#53 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,912 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 02:40 PM

I like "how much assholery does rescuing puppies make up for?"  

If you choose "A lot" then you can root for the Blues (Backes being the a-hole in question). 

#54 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:14 PM

I like "how much assholery does rescuing puppies make up for?"  

If you choose "A lot" then you can root for the Blues (Backes being the a-hole in question). 

Yeah, I got a pretty big chuckle out of that as well.  Still love Backes though.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

#55 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:37 PM

Yeah, I got a pretty big chuckle out of that as well.  Still love Backes though.

I can only like Backes every 4 years.

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#56 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 03:43 PM

Now that we're not in the same division I don't have the reluctance I once did.  But I catch your drift.

#57 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:53 PM

I'd take him in Detroit in a hot second.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#58 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:27 PM

Agreed I'd offersheet him 8x8 so way the Blues watch it

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#59 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,015 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:28 PM

Well, that's a different story.  Put him in a winged wheel and I'd like him more often.

#60 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:08 PM

I would love backed on this team hypothetical if he was on the team where would he be line wise?

Edited by cnot19, 15 April 2014 - 06:09 PM.

Get me a real fourth line Kenny!