• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

ECQF - Series B - Tampa Bay versus Montreal

Rate this topic

The no-goal sucks, but it was the right call.

69.3 Contact Inside the Goal Crease - If an attacking player initiates contact with a goalkeeper, incidental or otherwise, while the goalkeeper is in his goal crease, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

cropped_TampaDisallowed.gif?ts=139804378

I mean, I guess you could interpret the rule as being in effect here, but it would make more sense to waive off a goal if it were scored immediately after the contact or while the player or goalie is still in the crease. In this case it looks like incidental contact is made but the goal is scored after Price trips over his own feet trying to get back to the crease.

I mean, I guess you could interpret the rule as being in effect here, but it would make more sense to waive off a goal if it were scored immediately after the contact or while the player or goalie is still in the crease. In this case it looks like incidental contact is made but the goal is scored after Price trips over his own feet trying to get back to the crease.

That Killorn was in the crease and made significant contact with Price probably made it harder for Price to track the play, move side to side, and, ultimately, get himself in position to stop the shot. Price shouldn't have to deal with Killorn being in his crease and obstructing him while his team is defending and he's trying to position himself to stop any attempt that comes his way. If that's ok, then we might as well have Bert sit in the crease and then scurry out when it looks like we might be able to catch the goalie out of position and beat him. "How's that not a good goal?! Bert wasn't impeding him on the shot!"

I think that's all mostly moot, though. The rule asks, "Was there contact, and was a goal scored?" That's exactly what's happening here - contact, and a goal is scored. It's not really a subjective judgment call. It's not "Could he have had that one?" There was significant contact, and the puck was in the net all of, like, two seconds later.

Edited by Dabura

I think this is an example where it really should be up to the ref to make the call. IMO Price initiated contact so that he would get the call. Alternatively, Price gives Killorn a little push as he attempts to get into position, as a result he loses balance and then when trying to get himself set up again, he no longer can due to the previous action.

It's a call the Lightning have to live with, but this is at least the 4th team that appears to be getting jobbed by the refs vs. Montreal. (I've seen Leafs, Bruins and Wings fans complain already during the season.)

FIFY

The fault lies solely on Lindback and the Lightning defense who really sucked it in games 1 and 2. Game 3 may be remembered for the blown call, but games 1 and 2 were earned by Montreal. As I said before, good teams don't let the refs or bounces decide a series.

Please don't change my quote you can change it after the quote but not before, because:

it's out of context I didn't write what you just quoted.

Sure game 1 + 2 are on Lindback but game 3 had 2 serious bad calls:

the goal and the knee against Stamkos.

Please don't change my quote you can change it after the quote but not before, because:

it's out of context I didn't write what you just quoted.

Sure game 1 + 2 are on Lindback but game 3 had 2 serious bad calls:

the goal and the knee against Stamkos.

Which is why I said FIFY.

FIxed it for you.

Of course you didn't write what I quoted, I fixed it and I also noted that I did, so relax turbo. :)

As for the blown calls, I really can't say that it was that bad. I will say that the knee on Stamkos was accidental. He fell down and someone moving forward with all that momentum is going to have a hard time not running into Stamkos. Hell, the player even tried to avoid contact.

too bad after all the stuff Tampa had to deal with, they get swept :( not fair

Lindback will head back to Sweden I guess.

Lindback will be a free agent for sure. This performance has sealed his fate.