64 replies to this topic

#41 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:52 PM

Ooof.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#42 SimonSin

SimonSin

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 07:58 PM

Wow, NHL officiating is continuously a disaster across the board. That disallowed goal against the Lightning was really bad. 

Just saw that. Horrible call! That was a goal. And now Stamkos appears to be injured. They're just falling apart.

#43 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,095 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:00 PM

Tampa got jobbed so hard. That call has changed this game, and probably series. Absolute disgrace, needs to be more video review.

#NOMOREKINDL

#44 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:18 PM

Good to see that Stammer is still in the game.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#45 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,858 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 08:52 PM

Ugh C'mon Tampa Bay!!!!

#46 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,771 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:04 PM

I think Tampa Bay got a raw deal in the game today, but the refs don't decide a series.  Good teams find a way to win over bad bounces or bad calls.  Montreal deserved the first two games of this series.  Lindback is a decent goalie, but his save percentage was .887 and his GAA was at 3.70 in the first two games.

Montreal deserves a lot of credit for their inspired performance so far. 

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#47 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,703 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:19 AM

The officiating has become an absolute disgrace across the board in this league.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#48 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:57 AM

Uncle Gary sez: "The games are officiated the same in the playoffs as they are during the regular season"

Ergo..

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#49 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:41 AM

Uncle Gary sez: "The games are officiated the same in the playoffs as they are during the regular season"

Ergo..

As long as someone doesn't officciate him out of the game the NHL won't improve.

as for the game Prust should get a suspension, I like the guy but let's see him doing that against Calgary when McGrattan is on the ice...that was bulls*** and huge kudos to Stamkos the guy always comes back broken nose, kneeing nothing can stop him what a great player.

The disallowed isf****** unreal, guess the NHL wants at least one Canadien team to advance.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#50 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,771 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:46 AM

The disallowed isf****** unreal, guess Lindback and the Lightning wants at least one Canadien team to advance.

FIFY

The fault lies solely on Lindback and the Lightning defense who really sucked it in games 1 and 2.  Game 3 may be remembered for the blown call, but games 1 and 2 were earned by Montreal.  As I said before, good teams don't let the refs or bounces decide a series.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#51 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,202 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:37 AM

Hey, way to soften those Habs up for us, TB, you losers.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#52 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,202 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:49 AM

The no-goal sucks, but it was the right call.

69.3 Contact Inside the Goal Crease - If an attacking player initiates contact with a goalkeeper, incidental or otherwise, while the goalkeeper is in his goal crease, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

cropped_TampaDisallowed.gif?ts=139804378

Don't Toews me, bro!

#53 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPipPip
  • 810 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:14 AM

I mean, I guess you could interpret the rule as being in effect here, but it would make more sense to waive off a goal if it were scored immediately after the contact or while the player or goalie is still in the crease.  In this case it looks like incidental contact is made but the goal is scored after Price trips over his own feet trying to get back to the crease.

#54 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,202 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:49 AM

I mean, I guess you could interpret the rule as being in effect here, but it would make more sense to waive off a goal if it were scored immediately after the contact or while the player or goalie is still in the crease.  In this case it looks like incidental contact is made but the goal is scored after Price trips over his own feet trying to get back to the crease.

That Killorn was in the crease and made significant contact with Price probably made it harder for Price to track the play, move side to side, and, ultimately, get himself in position to stop the shot. Price shouldn't have to deal with Killorn being in his crease and obstructing him while his team is defending and he's trying to position himself to stop any attempt that comes his way. If that's ok, then we might as well have Bert sit in the crease and then scurry out when it looks like we might be able to catch the goalie out of position and beat him. "How's that not a good goal?! Bert wasn't impeding him on the shot!"

I think that's all mostly moot, though. The rule asks, "Was there contact, and was a goal scored?" That's exactly what's happening here - contact, and a goal is scored. It's not really a subjective judgment call. It's not "Could he have had that one?" There was significant contact, and the puck was in the net all of, like, two seconds later.

Edited by Dabura, 21 April 2014 - 10:50 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#55 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,360 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:50 AM

Safe to say that Tampa is done. Would be nice to see them extend the series at least to six games so that Montreal isn't all rested up for the next round. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#56 SDavis35

SDavis35

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:18 PM

I think this is an example where it really should be up to the ref to make the call. IMO Price initiated contact so that he would get the call. Alternatively, Price gives Killorn a little push as he attempts to get into position, as a result he loses balance and then when trying to get himself set up again, he no longer can due to the previous action. 

It's a call the Lightning have to live with, but this is at least the 4th team that appears to be getting jobbed by the refs vs. Montreal. (I've seen Leafs, Bruins and Wings fans complain already during the season.)

#57 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 23,360 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 12:23 PM

Anders Lindback will almost certainly be available this offseason. 

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#58 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,396 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:11 PM

FIFY

The fault lies solely on Lindback and the Lightning defense who really sucked it in games 1 and 2.  Game 3 may be remembered for the blown call, but games 1 and 2 were earned by Montreal.  As I said before, good teams don't let the refs or bounces decide a series.

Please don't change my quote you can change it after the quote but not before, because:

it's out of context I didn't write what you just quoted.

Sure game 1 + 2 are on Lindback but game 3 had 2 serious bad calls:

the goal and the knee against Stamkos.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#59 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:14 AM

Encore, SVP.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#60 Nightfall

Nightfall

• Gold Booster
  • 3,771 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 08:48 AM

Please don't change my quote you can change it after the quote but not before, because:

it's out of context I didn't write what you just quoted.

Sure game 1 + 2 are on Lindback but game 3 had 2 serious bad calls:

the goal and the knee against Stamkos.

Which is why I said FIFY.

FIxed it for you.

Of course you didn't write what I quoted, I fixed it and I also noted that I did, so relax turbo.  :)

As for the blown calls, I really can't say that it was that bad. I will say that the knee on Stamkos was accidental.  He fell down and someone moving forward with all that momentum is going to have a hard time not running into Stamkos.  Hell, the player even tried to avoid contact.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain