• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#81 motorcitykid

motorcitykid

Red Wings DJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:56 AM

It is typical of around here....complain about reffing....non-stop, even when the Wings aren't playing.  It does get pretty tiresome.

I'll admit to not watching most of the game last night, but from what I saw, CBJ got away with taking a ton of liberties, there was definitely no favouritism going the Pens way from the little that I saw.

From a pure stats perspective, CBJ took a grand total of 3 penalties during the game (yup, gotta be a conspiracy here).  Pens took 4 penalties by the way, theirs were all well deserved of course.

Can we be a bit more original around here (at least when the Wings aren't playing against them?)

Take a peek at the Penguins BOUGHT and PAID FOR fraudulent Cup win in 09 - especially our series in the Finals and get back to me. The Penguins and Crosby are pushed upon every hockey fan worldwide yet he maybe cracks the Top 5 players in the league. Dude doesn't even kill penalties. And he sure as hell ain't a true captain. He is full of excuses and cliches and thinks the game owes him something. The Penguins get ALL the calls and they get all the SYMPATHY from the NHL. This is no secret.

Whining about the refs is silly most times, but watching the joke the league looks like by pegging Crosby as the next/best one is funny - and not by accident. All those years living in Lemieux's house made him even more of a punk/pass the buck/complainer than he was in the QMJHL. And their coach now stands behind that team as another spoiled, excuse filled, woe-is-me "leader".

When a team is laughed at more than the Toronto Maple Leafs - that's saying something.

Edited by motorcitykid, 20 April 2014 - 12:00 PM.

#82 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:34 PM

So Ryan Johansen is af****** monster.  How do we get a hold of him?  Seriously, this kid is the league's next superstar. 

Columbus isn't going to let him go anytime soon and even then, if Holland is still the GM I'd say there's not a very good chance of the Wings ever opening the checkbook to sign him.

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#83 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:40 PM

Haha as an osu student, I love this. Couldn't agree more

AT least Ohio State was usually nails in big games under Tressel.  One or two exceptions obviously.  The Browns, Bungles, Buckeye Basketball, Indians and Reds are epic chokers.

Dat Flower tho.

it literally does not matter.  It's pre-ordained.  No Ohio pro sports team is going to rise up to the level needed to win a series like this in any sport, including the NHL.  Flower could give up 5 goals a game for the rest of the series, the CBJ would find a way to give up 6 at some to get the Penwhines 3 more wins.  It's destiny.

Don't take it from fans on LGW, take it from his peers. NHL players have spoken and they think Tootoo is the dirtiest player in the league.

Get a clue already.

#84 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:15 PM

BJs strike first at 1:38 of the 1st period.  2nd shot on goal.

Que the Fleury meltdown.  Jack Johnson scores.

Edited by e_prime, 21 April 2014 - 06:17 PM.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#85 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:17 PM

Pens s***ting the bed early. I love it. Calling it now, it is time for MAF to absolutely fall apart.

#86 stormboy

stormboy

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:13 PM

BJs go up early and the Pens go on a parade of powerplays...

go wings.

#87 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:36 PM

BJs go up early and the Pens go on a parade of powerplays...

No kidding. The call just now was absolute horses***.

EDIT: Definitely a make up call there

Edited by marcaractac, 21 April 2014 - 07:37 PM.

#88 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:13 PM

Dude, I don't think anybody in the league would want to play Columbus after watching these last three games.  They skate their asses off, hit everything that moves, and have some pretty talented offensive players.  They're an upset waiting to happen.

And as soon as I say that the Pens tie it up...puke.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#89 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:42 PM

Guess you wanna come back from a deficit if you want to win a game in this series.

Truly surprised that MAF didn't melt down, but CBJ needed to put a bit more pressure on them.  

Shots on goal for Colombus were  7 - 8 - 5...  that just ain't gonna do it.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#90 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,999 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:47 PM

would it be wrong to say the BJ's choked tonight?

#91 loutswings

loutswings

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:16 AM

Once again the youth of this team showed. They have been blowing leads all year. They still can even it up before it heads back to s***sburg. 

#92 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,999 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:51 PM

Did u really just say that the BJ's have been blowing leads all year??????

#93 Vladinator16

Vladinator16

Rookie

• Pip
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:45 PM

Oh Fleury what a glorious boneheaded move going behind the net to play the puck with 22 seconds and a 3-2 lead. Could have just stayed in the net and this game would be over. 

GO JACKETS!!!

#94 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:01 PM

Geez I wish our team would not quit after being down by a goal.

hahhahaah wtg BJ's

#95 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,631 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:02 PM

You always have a chance of coming back with MAF in net. What a terribly soft goal in OT. Not that I'm upset with it.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#96 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:04 PM

You always have a chance of coming back with MAF in net. What a terribly soft goal in OT. Not that I'm upset with it.

Yep and that is why I wished we had play the Pens instead of Bruins.

#97 BuckeyeWingsfan80

BuckeyeWingsfan80

The more the better

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:16 PM

I actually turned the game off about 5 minutes in when it was 3-0.  they didn't have legs, they couldn't pass the puck - nothing.

Then I turn it back on about halfway through the second and while it was 3-1, they were beating the dogs*** out of the Penguins physically and through the middle of the ice so it was only a matter of time.

MAF is horrible.  The guy has no composure whatsoever.  Meanwhile I wish the Wings had the heart the CBJ has shown so far this series.  That team is going to be a cast iron ***** in coming years if they keep building it right.

Get a clue already.

#98 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:19 PM

14767451334_8f0d14d8cb_o.jpg

#99 MidMichSteve

MidMichSteve

Thanks to #5

• HoF Booster
  • 4,239 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:25 PM

Pens s***ting the bed early. I love it. Calling it now, it is time for MAF to absolutely fall apart.

Good call just a game early. :)

Edited by MidMichSteve, 23 April 2014 - 09:28 PM.

From now on, Patrick Roy will be rolled out to and from the Avs' bench like Hannibal Lecter. - BottleOfSmoke

#100 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,770 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:45 PM

Yep and that is why I wished we had play the Pens instead of Bruins.

The way we are playing right now, we wouldn't beat Buffalo in a 7 game series.

Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain