• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

ECQF - Series D - Rangers versus Flyers

Rate this topic

Close enough to almost be a subway series. Hopefully this results in each team's fans packing the other team's arena and creating a GREAT atmosphere.

Philly always seems like a bunch of d-bags but the Rags (maybe it's just their fans) always have this palpable sense of entitlement when they really haven't done anything since since '93/4. Sure they've been to the conference finals twice in the 20 years since then, but they also missed the playoffs for eight of those twenty.

Rags - only because a friend of mine roots for them and they're slightly less dislikable.

Edited by FireCaptain

This is a rare case when I'll root against O6. For some reason I just can't seem to work myself up to even think about the Rags let alone care about them. Since Pronger is no longer an issue, I am free to root for the Flyers, but not enough to give them a "GO."

Guest Playmaker

At least it's not Eddie. He won't be so biased. Probably looking to replace Eddie

I don't get what Ken Daniels doing a game has to do with replacing Eddie. Daniels does play by play and isn't a color analyst.

Guest Playmaker

NBC only has 2 regular hockey announcing teams, They use additional local announcers for the playoff games.

I like Dave Strader better than Ken Daniels. But both are better than Mike Goldberg. Argh, was that a painful season (The Stanley Cup notwithstanding) Mickey couldn't hide his disdain for the guy. How about that physicality? What a boner killer that he was in the booth on March 26, 1997 and Mickey was on his way downstairs to do an interview.

From NHL:

The Philadelphia Flyers have been consistent in saying they have confidence no matter which goalie is in net, Steve Mason or Ray Emery.

But with Mason making his first start of the Eastern Conference First Round series against the New York Rangers on Friday in Game 4 (7 p.m. ET; RDS, TSN, CNBC, MSG, CSN-PH), there is one skill that sets him apart from Emery, and that's Mason's ability to handle the puck.

"When you have a guy that can make the right decisions behind the net, it's very important," forwardVincent Lecavalier said. "It helps our defensemen out for sure. Just making that first quick play or them communicating with the defense. It's important to get out of the zone. I think it's going to be a great help for us."

I knew it could be done.