• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

Kyle Quincey Appreciation thread

Rate this topic

Thank you for being an uninjurable iron horse this year. You are one of only two Red Wings to play in all 82 games.

Despite all that ice time you still managed to come up only 5th in defensive scoring and 18th in overall team scoring.

You averaged slightly more than 1 boneheaded penalty minute per game (88 minutes in 82 games) - which, coincidentally, is the team high for penalty minutes this year.

Your four goals speak volumes about your inability to find the twine and yet - you never stop trying. Little the Little Kyle That Could - you rank 10th on the team in shots with 106. Your 3.8% shooting percentage actually makes us miss Dan Cleary's 6.3%. Your single GWG must have stirred something down deep that encouraged you like little angel on your shoulder. Every time you touched the puck that little guy could be heard shouting, "SHOOT KYLE, SHOOT! You're good enough, you're smart enough and doggone it, people like you (more than MIKAEL SAMUELSSON)!"

You points production was damn near equal home and away - 6 home and 7 away, but your +/- shows that you really get nervous at the Joe - +6 on the road and -11 at home. You did this all while saying, "Damn the critics! My -5 is a meaningless stat anyway!"

Having said all that, you did spend an average of 30 more seconds on ice in all of the winning games than the losing games - 21:02 vs. 20:35 - so that makes it clear - MOAR QUINCEY = MOAR WINS!

Edited by FireCaptain

I appreciate the improvement that Q made over this last stretch. He didn't suck as much, and I found myself saying GODDAMMIT QUINCEY much less.

And good luck on his journey to another team next season. Wish you all the best Q! Sayonara!

Once he gets the new contract he will suck again.

Better not be here.

Iam with you and thousands of other fans on that one. Somehow I feel Kenny is going to resign him.

It depends on what else they do. I'd like to see Marchenko on the 3rd pair, but the free agent market is going to be paper thin, with a few decent players and a bunch of guys who are old, injury prone, or just plain bad, if not a combination of them. The odds are anyone they'd sign won't be much of an upgrade, if at all, just have different issues. Ideally they can trade Kindl and a prospect or two and get a top 4 quality defender and use Smith and Marchnko as the 3rd pair with Lashoff as the #7. If not, trading Kindl for a pick and re-signing Quincey to a pay cut to play on the 3rd pair won't be the end of the world.

Truthfully we don't know what KH and the brain trust are thinking in terms of the bottom half of our D. Who knows, maybe the strong showing from our kids might persuade KH to give them a chance and not sign anyone. A lot will depend on the next 8 weeks me thinks.

Q will work his ass off in playoffs just to earn a new contract. Wait and you will see. I hope to be wrong. However we will probably see him in Wings uniform for few more years.

Edited by arag

Some statistics involving Q:

In 149 career regular season games for the Red Wings: 8 goals, 12 assists, 20 points and the Wings won just 66 of those 149 games.

In 32 career playoff games for the Red Wings: 0 goals, 4 assists, 4 points, 15 wins.

That's 8 goals and 16 assists in 181 regular season and playoff games, with the Wings winning just 81 of those games.

Contrast that with 91 points in 232 regular season and playoff games with COL/LAK.

:scared:

I have to agree with the majority here in that Q's second half has been pretty solid. Last season and th efirst half this year I was hoping he'd be run out of town but he's settled in finally and isn't seen much most games, which is pretty good to me because it means he's not sticking out for making retarded plays!

If he stayed at a lower cost I'd be fine with it if he keeps playing this way and maybe even continue improving.

Honestly.

If it wasn't for his cap hit, id have zero problems with him.

Hes made some bad plays, sure.

But he made alot of pretty good plays, in hard minutes, with fluctuating partners in a system that doesnt suit him.

If we can resign him cheaper, id be fine with him being here.

Edited by jimmyemeryhunter

Yea Q really improved his play the second half, I had no complaints with him. So kudos for that. First half, different story.

I think this was the theme last year as well. I still remember his first game in 2012-2013 season against St Louis. Tarasenko blew by him 2 times and scored. It wasn't until halfway through that season he played decent as well. Not particularly a guy we need.

I feel like he's leaving regardless of what Holland wants. He was going to take the wings to arbitration, there's been no mention of contract talks with him, and I can't see how he likes playing here considering all the heat he takes for making so many mistakes.

I feel like he's leaving regardless of what Holland wants. He was going to take the wings to arbitration, there's been no mention of contract talks with him, and I can't see how he likes playing here considering all the heat he takes for making so many mistakes.

He's unrestricted. They'll either offer him a contract he likes or he'll walk. There is no arbitration, and they're probably just waiting until the end of the season to talk with him.

He's unrestricted. They'll either offer him a contract he likes or he'll walk. There is no arbitration, and they're probably just waiting until the end of the season to talk with him.

I was talking about when he signed his current contract, he had filed for arbitration. I know he is unrestricted after this season, which is why I said I think he will be gone regardless of what Kenny wants. Unless he offers Quincey something like $5m/year or something ridiculously stupid like that.

A lot of players file for it as a way to get talks moving. It doesn't mean they're unhappy. He may want to leave, who knows, but I don't think that there's any indication that he does. He'll have to take a paycut most likely, but unless someone gets desperate and signs him to a big deal just to say that they did SOMETHING I think he's going to make less money regardless of where he plays going forward.