• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

Kyle Quincey Appreciation thread

Rate this topic

Yup. Holland will say "better the devil we know" and throw cash at him. Scary thought. With the free agent pool so weak I don't see a way Holland doesnt overpay, thus hurting us doubly. Our only hope is for Quincey to walk away to a team in a sunnu climate with no pressure. Or to go back to the Avs. He liked it there.

For one, I actually do appreciate Kyle Quincey. All he ever did this season was average over 20:00 minutes a night on a depleted blueline for 82 games. Along the way he put up respectable numbers in all major defensive defenseman stats, including hits, blocked shots, takeaways, and penalty kill TOI. Was he as good as Kronwall or Ericsson? No. But he earned his paycheck this year despite being much maligned.

Only on LGW can a guy get snarky cheapshots thrown at him for playing big minutes each game, EVERY game, in the most grueling schedule in professional sports.

Atta boy Kyle Quincey! Here's one guy (at least) who thinks you earned it.

He should probably be making third-pairing money, but, whether he stays or goes, he's likely going to get top-four money. If he doesn't, he should fire his agent.

Again, his current contract is based on what he signed for with the Avs (I looked it up, he signed a 2 year deal with Colorado after the trade). Holland could have let him hit the market as a UFA by not tendering the qualifying offer, but what would have been the point of trading for him then? Whether or not he's overpaid on the contract he signs this offseason is going to depend on your feelings about him. Some people act like minimum salary would be too much. I think he'l get just under $3 mil per from Detroit, maybe a bit more, if he wants to stay. I think that even with the weak market, he'll top out at what he's getting now on the market.

Quincey has been quite improved since earlier in the season, but there was nowhere to go but up. My problem with Quincey just being "decent" is the price tag. I don't think you give up a first rounder and sign someone for nearly four million dollars and then say not being a complete trainwreck is now acceptable. While Quincey has mostly cleaned up his glaring defensive gaffes, he still produces nothing offensively. I still don't even think he's all that solid overall defensively either, but anyone looks good when you have Kindl and Lashoff on the same team as a comparison.

Holland will probably re-sign him because "he knows the system" or whatever and the Red Wings are apparently content with riding a makeshift, poor defense until some of the prospects are ready to go. I would let Quincey walk regardless -- pursue someone in free agency that can move the puck. Even in a weak class of d-men, there are options superior to Quincey.

Quit ruining our buzz. ;)

For one, I actually do appreciate Kyle Quincey. All he ever did this season was average over 20:00 minutes a night on a depleted blueline for 82 games. Along the way he put up respectable numbers in all major defensive defenseman stats, including hits, blocked shots, takeaways, and penalty kill TOI. Was he as good as Kronwall or Ericsson? No. But he earned his paycheck this year despite being much maligned.

Only on LGW can a guy get snarky cheapshots thrown at him for playing big minutes each game, EVERY game, in the most grueling schedule in professional sports.

Atta boy Kyle Quincey! Here's one guy (at least) who thinks you earned it.