• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
thegerkin

Selanne, Giguere Skate Final Lap Together

Rate this topic

Final regular season lap. Both teams are headed into the playoffs, so this was a very cool send off. I'm a big fan of The Finnish Flash and the game will miss him. He's one of the last of the old guard. Good luck to both! Bummer at the end of the article:

If Giguere does retire as expected, the league won't just be losing a great goaltender and person. They'll also be losing the last active former member of the Hartford Whalers.

Musta been before his pads took steroids..

SEASON GP MIN W L T GA SO GAA SA Sv% G A PIM
1996-97 8 394 1 4 0 24 0 3,65 201 .881 0 0 0
TOTAL 8 394 1 4 0 24 0 3,65 201 .881 0 0 0

giguere.jpg

Edited by FireCaptain

Their retiring makes me feel too old I remember 2003 like it was yesterday. I was at game 7 as a 14 year old in jersey. I'm getting very nostalgic over the recent rash of retients and those that are soon to come (iginla doan etc) loved all these warriors

Man, don't know why exactly but even this had me tearing up a bit. I guess just seeing the respect and love the fans and players will show a great player on the way out the door. The music choice might have had a little to do with it as well. I remember hearing that song (Foo Fighters - My Hero) when Stevie Y was on the way out too. Damn right both Giggy and Teemu will be missed.

Man, don't know why exactly but even this had me tearing up a bit. I guess just seeing the respect and love the fans and players will show a great player on the way out the door. The music choice might have had a little to do with it as well. I remember hearing that song (Foo Fighters - My Hero) when Stevie Y was on the way out too. Damn right both Giggy and Teemu will be missed.

There's a video on youtube of Wayne's last game in 99. Goes behind the scenes in the locker room and everything. Hard to have dry eyes watching that.

There's a video on youtube of Wayne's last game in 99. Goes behind the scenes in the locker room and everything. Hard to have dry eyes watching that.

will have to grab my kleenex and watch that as well