• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hankzet40

Gus & Tatar almost traded to Calgary per McKenzie

Rate this topic

for Jay Bouwmeester... according to Bob McKenzie

and was rejected by Feaster! lol

"I've heard that the Flames could have had Nyquist and Tatar for Bouwmeester or another player but chose not to"

All over twitter

I bet Kenny right now is like... Thank God!... haha

Edited by HockeytownRules19

If this is true - which it may not be - it shows how little Ken Holland really knows/believes in his prospects. Jarnkrok is killing it over in NSH and these two are playing amazing in Detroit. You can't just go offering up young players as trade bait before you see what they can do in the NHL - its stupid. If Jarnkrok had put up 9 points in 12 games in Detroit prior to the trade his value would have been much higher and he would be valued similar to Sheahan currently. Bottom line - give prospects a legitimate NHL chance to solidify their value before you go and ship them off.

If this is true - which it may not be - it shows how little Ken Holland really knows/believes in his prospects. Jarnkrok is killing it over in NSH and these two are playing amazing in Detroit. You can't just go offering up young players as trade bait before you see what they can do in the NHL - its stupid. If Jarnkrok had put up 9 points in 12 games in Detroit prior to the trade his value would have been much higher and he would be valued similar to Sheahan currently. Bottom line - give prospects a legitimate NHL chance to solidify their value before you go and ship them off.

First off, it's probably not true. Maybe one but not both. Pierre McGuire did say at thd time that Holland's offer blew St Louis' out of the water. So you never know.

Secondly, Jarnkrok is playing well for sure, but he's not "killing it".

And thirdly, Sheahan would fetch twice as much as Calle in a trade right now based on size alone.

Please don't turn this thread into another 'Holland bashing/we're not collectively over the Jarnkrok deal yet.

This is the NHL. You have to give up to get via trade. '

I don't see how we should complain considering - it's a rumour, we've made the playoffs yet again, where are the Flames?

Sheahan is 6-2 and 212 lbs. Unless Jarnkrok starts using steroids or becomes a legit #1 C...something Sheahan may someday develop into himself.., he will never be valued as highly as Sheahan

Sheahan will never be a legit 1C. He slots in to be a 3rd line center on a healthy team. Good defensively, can chip in, but shouldn't be expected to perform above that.

Looks like I opened up a can of worms...

I think we can all agree we are happy with Tatar and Nyquist rather than having Bouwmeester. Even if it was one of these guys plus something else I wouldn't be too happy. Considering what we have coming up the pipeline on D we will have a massive logjam soon without Jay in the mix.

Edited by dirtydangles

I've been saying forever that Nyquist was off the table for me. If we let some people around here make trades he'd have been gone for less than JB. Hindsight is 20/20 eh?

I would say on the whole I have been pretty against trading our prospects for the last couple years. We need our youth for the future with our core aging. Our kids are well developed and have fewer holes in their game due to development in the minors. Nyquist was definitely one of my favourite prospects (along with Jarnkrok) for the last little while. Holland has also had some bad trades in recent history and I kind of want to keep our kids rather than potentially getting fleeced.

My big concern is just that we showcase our prospects in the NHL before trading them. Its cheap to buy low on a prospect that hasn't proven anything at the NHL level but has lots of potential - this is something I wouldn't mind Holland doing with other teams when they have logjams in the pipeline (PHX for example with dmen). I don't want to pay full/over price for a dman in their prime when we have a few in the pipeline for free that just need some developing.

Finally, we have some of the top scouts in the NHL and we should keep trusting them.

I would think that a player with his shot and his passing ability can do better than a 3rd line center...

I'd say 2C like Ryan O'Reilly type. But off topic.

Do you guys think stuff like this is released ahead of the playoffs to cause some unrest in the locker room? I would be pretty pissed as a player to hear rumours like this. There is no reason for this to come out now...

I would think that a player with his shot and his passing ability can do better than a 3rd line center...

no cause that kind of logic doesn't prove his point. i bet you he thought Z, dats, Nyquist, Tatar and others would never be top 6 too.

I'd say 2C like Ryan O'Reilly type. But off topic.

Do you guys think stuff like this is released ahead of the playoffs to cause some unrest in the locker room? I would be pretty pissed as a player to hear rumours like this. There is no reason for this to come out now...

Who would release that? Boston?

Bouwmeester is exactly what this team needs awesome first pass, then not much when in the offensive zone besides a decent shot assuming bow was extended I would have done Tatar and someone else glad Gus wasn't traded though!

Thank you Jay Feaster! But I would've loved if we could've landed Bouw for an alternative package. Exactly what were missing on the back end, a RHed d-man would be even better but hey.

Me too, but like what package?

Kenny is a trade machine:

Nyquist, Smith and the 1st (Mantha) for Edler

or

Nyquist and Tatar for JBO

Well, he said that this isn't the kids league afterall right?!

The other side are the people screaming about how he doesn't have the balls to make a trade or the ones who think that Cleary, Almquist, and Miller will bring back a quality player.