• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hankzet40

Gus & Tatar almost traded to Calgary per McKenzie

Rate this topic

Way too early to slot Sheahan as a 3rd line C. I see him as a 2nd line C for us right now..he has a great set of hands , a very nasty wrist shot, and he really knows how to use his body around the net. I think his biggest mistake was going to Notre Dame. His time there stunted his offensive development and he's just now catching up. Jurco/Sheahan/Tatar is a combination that could really do some damage against the big, slow Bruins.

The other side are the people screaming about how he doesn't have the balls to make a trade or the ones who think that Cleary, Almquist, and Miller will bring back a quality player.

So lets say Kenny trade Dats for John Scott... that mean that Kenny has "balls"?????

Please don't turn this thread into another 'Holland bashing/we're not collectively over the Jarnkrok deal yet.

This is the NHL. You have to give up to get via trade. '

I don't see how we should complain considering - it's a rumour, we've made the playoffs yet again, where are the Flames?

Bob mckenzie doesn't make stuff up .... If he In fact said that then it's true and it scares the s*** out of me

We should all be greatful we had a ton of injuries this season .... Let's face it without them we'd never know how good the kids are and who knows .... Good chance we might of dealt another or 2 away

This team is always pro veterans .... Sheahan was projected as a bottom 6 and being a disappointment in the offensive side and so far he's been just awesome

Tatar and nyquist to Calgary .... My god that would of been a disaster

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Guest DeGraa55

? We needed a defenseman.

We need scoring and a power forward more. Not an overpaid defenseman.

I dont believe it. First poor officiating, now starting rumors of trading our 2 hottest players, seems like the nhl is trying to fade out the wings as much as possible.

no cause that kind of logic doesn't prove his point. i bet you he thought Z, dats, Nyquist, Tatar and others would never be top 6 too.

Since we can argue by assertion:

I bet you never through Yzerman would make the NHL and thought Lidstrom's ceiling was 7th Dman.

If this is true - which it may not be - it shows how little Ken Holland really knows/believes in his prospects. Jarnkrok is killing it over in NSH and these two are playing amazing in Detroit. You can't just go offering up young players as trade bait before you see what they can do in the NHL - its stupid. If Jarnkrok had put up 9 points in 12 games in Detroit prior to the trade his value would have been much higher and he would be valued similar to Sheahan currently. Bottom line - give prospects a legitimate NHL chance to solidify their value before you go and ship them off.

Who cares? Really without the David Legwand Trade we would not have made the Playoffs. Our Chances would have went down and down. So say's our Coach. Each team has it's own strengths and weaknesses. What's Important is we made it to the playoffs win or lose in the First Round. And I'll be in the New Throw Your Wings Up Video the 2014 Edition come when playoffs start for us hopefully on Friday.

Edited by Andrew Hasek 1986

Since we can argue by assertion:

I bet you never through Yzerman would make the NHL and thought Lidstrom's ceiling was 7th Dman.

First you argue sheahan will be at best a 3rd center, then you try to reverse my own argument using terrible examples.. not sure if trolling or..

Guest Playmaker

People are getting upset over a rumor and a trade that never happened? All journalists report rumors, and most don't outright lie. It's all about the inside sources you have, and sometimes they're right and sometimes not.

I think this proves Holland did try something to improve the defense. I'm glad Feaster declined. Perhaps Nyquist and Tatar weren't considered that special by scouts? Glad it worked out for the Wings.

We like our team and our management.

This sounds bogus to me. Holland would be a fool to offer that and Feaster would be a fool not to take it. Ultimately he took a much worse package in that deal. Don't get me wrong, Feaster is stupid, but even he doesn't turn down two grade A prospects for who worse prospects and a first. Especially considering Bouwmeester was moving one way or another so he couldn't exactly hold out for more.

Not buying it.

I don't know why everyone is up in arms over this report.

At the time of the trade, April 1st 2013 - the Blue traded a 1st round draft pick, 22 year old Defense prospect Mark Cundari, and 26 year old Swiss league goalie Reto Berra for Bouwmeester.

In hindsight, I agree we certainly offered a better package with players who are contributing at a much higher level today - but understand that at the time of the trade, Gustav Nyquist and Tomas Tatar had combined for less than 10 points to that point in the season, on a team that was not in a playoff position. From a Calgary perspective, they probably questioned how much these undersized forwards would help them battle within their very tough division.

Did Feaster take the right deal? In hindsight, obviously not. But I'm sure at the time of the trade, with the market for Defenseman as bad as it was/is, there would have been more than a handful of members on this site who would have been on board. Funny how it works.

Guest Playmaker

Stop adding common sense to the hysteria! LOL. Obviously a year ago, no one had any idea how good Tatar and Nyquist would be. They still may not even be that good once they are relegated to lesser roles once Z and D are both back full time.

Stop adding common sense to the hysteria! LOL. Obviously a year ago, no one had any idea how good Tatar and Nyquist would be. They still may not even be that good once they are relegated to lesser roles once Z and D are both back full time.

I agree that there's no need to be up in arms about something that didn't happen. But I disagree that nobody knew how good Nyquist and Tatar would be. A year ago they were both top twenty scorers in the AHL, and Nyquist was top two or three. While that's not a guarantee of success in the NHL, it basically means they're among the 20 or so best players not currently playing in the NHL. It's not like those two were unproven in the way a Mantha, or Frk, or Athanasiou are. They basically had more value than almost anyone in the hockey world not playing in the NHL (and more than a lot of bottom six NHLers).

Who cares? Really without the David Legwand Trade we would not have made the Playoffs. Our Chances would have went down and down. So say's our Coach. Each team has it's own strengths and weaknesses. What's Important is we made it to the playoffs win or lose in the First Round. And I'll be in the New Throw Your Wings Up Video the 2014 Edition come when playoffs start for us hopefully on Friday.

We're in the playoffs cause of the kid line and nyquist as well as toronto choking .... Getting Legwand had no say in us getting in

Goose and Tatar probably would not have had anywhere near the success they have had in Detroit if they were playing in Calgary. Here they weren't fighting off vets for more playing time. As someone said before, the injuries were kind of a blessing in disguise because it really allowed the kid line to flourish.

First you argue sheahan will be at best a 3rd center, then you try to reverse my own argument using terrible examples.. not sure if trolling or..

It's because your argument is nonsense. I was using Reductio ad absurdum to show how bad your argument was, it was a complete non sequitur. Just because I don't share your unrealistically optimistic assesment of Sheahan is only proof I don't share that view and nothing else.

Learn proper argumentation. It helps you not look like a complete fool.

Edited by Shaman