• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:05 PM

Remember the Datsyuk for Gomez rumor that never happened ? This is the exact same thing.

#22 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,024 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:17 PM

Thank you Jay Feaster! But I would've loved if we could've landed Bouw for an alternative package. Exactly what were missing on the back end, a RHed d-man would be even better but hey.

#NOMOREKINDL

#23 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:31 PM

Kenny is a trade machine:

Nyquist, Smith and the 1st (Mantha) for Edler

or

Nyquist and Tatar for JBO

Well, he said that this isn't the kids league afterall right?!
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#24 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:31 PM

Thank you Jay Feaster! But I would've loved if we could've landed Bouw for an alternative package. Exactly what were missing on the back end, a RHed d-man would be even better but hey.

Me too, but like what package?

#25 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:33 PM

Kenny is a trade machine:
Nyquist, Smith and the 1st (Mantha) for Edler
or
Nyquist and Tatar for JBO
Well, he said that this isn't the kids league afterall right?!

The other side are the people screaming about how he doesn't have the balls to make a trade or the ones who think that Cleary, Almquist, and Miller will bring back a quality player.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#26 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:39 PM

Would've traded them for Bouwmeister but not bobby Ryan? LOL Kenny....

#27 Shinzaki

Shinzaki

Rookie

• Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 06:58 PM

Way too early to slot Sheahan as a 3rd line C.  I see him as a 2nd line C for us right now..he has a great set of hands , a very nasty wrist shot,  and he really knows how to use his body around the net.  I think his biggest mistake was going to Notre Dame.   His time there stunted his offensive development and he's just now catching up.   Jurco/Sheahan/Tatar is a combination that could really do some damage against the big, slow Bruins.

#28 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,505 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:07 PM

Sheahan will never be a legit 1C. He slots in to be a 3rd line center on a healthy team. Good defensively, can chip in, but shouldn't be expected to perform above that. 

Sorta like a much younger version of Legwand.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#29 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 410 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:10 PM

Would've traded them for Bouwmeister but not bobby Ryan? LOL Kenny....

? We needed a defenseman.

#30 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,990 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:18 PM

Sheahan is 6-2 and 212 lbs.  Unless Jarnkrok  starts using steroids or becomes a legit #1 C...something Sheahan may someday develop into himself.., he will never be valued as highly as Sheahan

lol wut

Don't Toews me, bro!

#31 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:28 PM

im calling bs

#32 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:05 PM

The other side are the people screaming about how he doesn't have the balls to make a trade or the ones who think that Cleary, Almquist, and Miller will bring back a quality player.

So lets say Kenny trade Dats for John Scott... that mean that Kenny has "balls"?????
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#33 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:07 PM

So lets say Kenny trade Dats for John Scott... that mean that Kenny has "balls"?????

That would take some balls lol

#34 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:26 PM

Please don't turn this thread into another 'Holland bashing/we're not collectively over the Jarnkrok deal yet.

This is the NHL. You have to give up to get via trade. '

I don't see how we should complain considering - it's a rumour, we've made the playoffs yet again, where are the Flames?

Bob mckenzie doesn't make stuff up .... If he In fact said that then it's true and it scares the s*** out of me

We should all be greatful we had a ton of injuries this season .... Let's face it without them we'd never know how good the kids are and who knows .... Good chance we might of dealt another or 2 away

This team is always pro veterans .... Sheahan was projected as a bottom 6 and being a disappointment in the offensive side and so far he's been just awesome

Tatar and nyquist to Calgary .... My god that would of been a disaster

Edited by nyqvististhefuture, 15 April 2014 - 08:30 PM.

#35 DeGraa55

DeGraa55

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:43 PM

? We needed a defenseman.

We need scoring and a power forward more. Not an overpaid defenseman.

#36 CMatt89

CMatt89

The REAL great one...

• PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 10:56 PM

I dont believe it. First poor officiating, now starting rumors of trading our 2 hottest players, seems like the nhl is trying to fade out the wings as much as possible.

#37 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,840 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 12:36 AM

no cause that kind of logic doesn't prove his point. i bet you he thought Z, dats, Nyquist, Tatar and others would never be top 6 too. 

Since we can argue by assertion:

I bet you never through Yzerman would make the NHL and thought Lidstrom's ceiling was 7th Dman.

Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#38 Andrew Hasek 1986

Andrew Hasek 1986

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:32 AM

If this is true - which it may not be - it shows how little Ken Holland really knows/believes in his prospects. Jarnkrok is killing it over in NSH and these two are playing amazing in Detroit. You can't just go offering up young players as trade bait before you see what they can do in the NHL - its stupid. If Jarnkrok had put up 9 points in 12 games in Detroit prior to the trade his value would have been much higher and he would be valued similar to Sheahan currently. Bottom line - give prospects a legitimate NHL chance to solidify their value before you go and ship them off.

Who cares? Really without the David Legwand Trade we would not have made the Playoffs. Our Chances would have went down and down. So say's our Coach. Each team has it's own strengths and weaknesses. What's Important is we made it to the playoffs win or lose in the First Round. And I'll be in the New Throw Your Wings Up Video the 2014 Edition come when playoffs start for us hopefully on Friday. 

Edited by Andrew Hasek 1986, 16 April 2014 - 01:33 AM.

#39 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,081 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:14 AM

Since we can argue by assertion:

I bet you never through Yzerman would make the NHL and thought Lidstrom's ceiling was 7th Dman.

First you argue sheahan will be at best a 3rd center, then you try to reverse my own argument using terrible examples.. not sure if trolling or..

#40 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:07 AM

People are getting upset over a rumor and a trade that never happened?  All journalists report rumors, and most don't outright lie.  It's all about the inside sources you have, and sometimes they're right and sometimes not.