• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
beachwing

Poking the Bear

Rate this topic

With Glennies type of game, going up against the Bruins you have to know they will react to his 'poking the bear' style of play.

With that being said. Whats the Over/Under on the number of times Glendening gets glove Punched in the head?

Im thinking Wings in 6 games so that means 3 times a game Glennie will get knocked so my over under is

18 times he gets punched...with 4 of them being to back of his head.

too low I see it at least 5 with 4 being to the back of the head. So 6 games I will go with 24

Not to mention the number of times Tatar/Nyquist are headlocked around the net while Eddie O spits out his normal blurb about Red Wings subtle interference.

Edited by AtlantaHotWings

The thing about Glendenning: his body seems to be an extension of Babcock's brain.

So basically, Luke does everything Babcock asks him to do. That why coach loves him. (compared to Tootoo, who Babcock had no control over, and didn't like as a player, at all)

Babcock will tell him to play on the edge but not to cross any lines, and that's exactly what Glendenning will do. No worries.

The thing about Glendenning: his body seems to be an extension of Babcock's brain.

So basically, Luke does everything Babcock asks him to do. That why coach loves him. (compared to Tootoo, who Babcock had no control over, and didn't like as a player, at all)

Babcock will tell him to play on the edge but not to cross any lines, and that's exactly what Glendenning will do. No worries.

This. Plus I think glenny is gonna thrive in a playoff atmosphere. Seems like a guy that thrives in the big games (examples: winter classic, pit game, etc)

Poking the bear and not having an enforcer ? Thats probably the stupidest thing one can do if the Wings are getting involved into the rough stuff this will become a blood bad. Only the Blues, Leafs, Flames ( Lucic wouldn't even look at his gloves with McGrattan in the lineup...)and maybe Kings can afford to go into the rough stuff with the big Bear but for sure not the Wings.

The only chance to get a win against this team is to keep the pedal on the gas by using the youths speed other than that the Bruins aren't having a weakness :(

Edited by frankgrimes

Poking the bear and not having an enforcer ? Thats probably the stupidest thing one can do if the Wings are getting involved into the rough stuff this will become a blood bad. Only the Blues, Leafs, Flames ( Lucic wouldn't even look at his gloves with McGrattan in the lineup...)and maybe Kings can afford to go into the rough stuff with the big Bear but for sure not the Wings.

The only chance to get a win against this team is to keep the pedal on the gas by using the youths speed other than that the Bruins aren't having a weakness :(

enforcers don't play hockey in the playoffs. We won't have to fight just be tough in scrums and in front of the net

Smith has been awesome in scrums and sticking up for his teammates. Having him on the first pairing and abby on the first line it should keep the flies off datsyuk

enforcers don't play hockey in the playoffs. We won't have to fight just be tough in scrums and in front of the net

Smith has been awesome in scrums and sticking up for his teammates. Having him on the first pairing and abby on the first line it should keep the flies off datsyuk

Thornton, Reaves, Bollig, Prust all of them will play :-)

Finishing your checks is one thing but getting into scrums with the big bad Bruins ? Uh oh that won't end well for us ask the Canucks. Can't wait to see Babocks gameplan and how Julien reacts to it the best coach in the business versus one of the best nice matchup

We're gonna play Boston the same way we played Anaheim the 3 times we faced them, just with a little less hate at the start. That favors us, if we can get the Bruins worried more about scrums after the whistle and trying to exact revenge for big hits, we'll kill them with our speed and skill. I'm very surprised that most of the hockey world are giving us no chance, this Bruins team is better then last years sure, but not by much. And that team, should've gone out to the Leafs if not for an epic collapse.

We're gonna play Boston the same way we played Anaheim the 3 times we faced them, just with a little less hate at the start. That favors us, if we can get the Bruins worried more about scrums after the whistle and trying to exact revenge for big hits, we'll kill them with our speed and skill. I'm very surprised that most of the hockey world are giving us no chance, this Bruins team is better then last years sure, but not by much. And that team, should've gone out to the Leafs if not for an epic collapse.

Well playing them like this is a gamble Boston loves physical matchups and they are built for it, the Wings well we all know the story..so I agree the only chance is speed and skill so hopefully they have a lot left in the tank.

Experts are picking the Bruins because not only are they the best team in the conference but also league wide so it's a no brainer. Even me thinks they are going to win in 5 but no shame in losing against that team.

I think this is a great match up for us. Everyone is scared of the big bruising bruins and how physically dominating thwy are.

You have to have a willing combatent for scrums and after the whistle stuff to be effective which we all know is a HUGE part of the Bruins game and tactics.

We all know the wings Rarely ever lose focus and get sucked in to it. Which is a good thing on several fronts.

My original posts was more thinking along the lines of Glendenings gritt rubbing bruins thw wrong way and getting popped....but skating away.

If the refs call this series correctly I think we will have quite an advantage in PP because the Bruins cant not go full on doosh after every whistle, and thw Wings just stand there and eat gloves for the sake of the team.

Learning moment earlier this season when smith was going after someone after the whistle and Kronwall grabbed him and apped "settle down".

Its gonna take focus and great tending and we will prevail in 6.

I love the perception that the Red Wings are not a physical team because they don't fight. Keep thinking that. The wings can be just as physical are far as hitting and legal contact goes. I canny wait to see Glendening ruffle a few feathers. Sure Boston will try to goon it up or establish that they are the big rough tough team. That's great do that. Wings will skate away get the PP and hopefully put the puck in the net.

I love the perception that the Red Wings are not a physical team because they don't fight. Keep thinking that. The wings can be just as physical are far as hitting and legal contact goes.

I totally get your point. However, I wouldn't suggest even remotely getting into a physical type of game with them as a game plan, legal hit or contact or not. It plays right into their game. Let them come to us to initiate the physical hits and contacts, use quick passes and our speed to get mismatches and odd man offensive situations. If the Bruins feel like they can spare that extra two steps, extra few seconds to put the body on someone, we have to make them pay by getting rid of the puck and quickly and using our speed. All things being equal, the team with the most speed would have the advantage if two guys are tied up on the boards without the puck. It's like 4-on-4, more ice, more room to capitalize on our speed.

Lastly, even if we did decide to engage on a physical level between the whistles with them, we lose. They are a bigger team and would win that battle. Smaller guys hitting bigger guys is okay in instances, but this as a general game plan over a 7 game series, this would wear us down. Advantage Bruins. As Ron Burgundy says, "it's science"

Getting Pumped Babaay!!!!!

Edited by Learn2LuvIt

I totally get your point. However, I wouldn't suggest even remotely getting into a physical type of game with them as a game plan, legal hit or contact or not. It plays right into their game. Let them come to us to initiate the physical hits and contacts, use quick passes and our speed to get mismatches and odd man offensive situations. If the Bruins feel like they can spare that extra two steps, extra few seconds to put the body on someone, we have to make them pay by getting rid of the puck and quickly and using our speed. All things being equal, the team with the most speed would have the advantage if two guys are tied up on the boards without the puck. It's like 4-on-4, more ice, more room to capitalize on our speed.

Lastly, even if we did decide to engage on a physical level between the whistles with them, we lose. They are a bigger team and would win that battle. Smaller guys hitting bigger guys is okay in instances, but this as a general game plan over a 7 game series, this would wear us down. Advantage Bruins. As Ron Burgundy says, "it's science"

Getting Pumped Babaay!!!!!

Exactly a team like the Wings can't get into the rough stuff and give the Bruins their energy, they really feed off on that. Wings need to play smart and use speed and skill. But obviously I trust Babcock with a good gameplan.

I'm kind of wondering if the Wings will lose this series because of their awful PP. A clear advantage the Wings have is their speed, which could mean the B's are caught taking penalties under pressure. I expect some very critical power plays throughout this series, and I'm just hoping the special teams unit comes prepared. Having Dats back is a huge plus, though.