• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:00 AM

GLENDOG!! He's going to get one goal this playoffs.... and it'll be the series winner against Boston. callin it now :P

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#22 Shinzaki

Shinzaki

Rookie

• Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:58 PM

Toughness in the playoffs is about winning the battles in the corner and limiting second shots off rebounds in front of the net.  Fighting isn't an issue....

#23 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,200 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:32 PM

I totally get your point.  However, I wouldn't suggest even remotely getting into a physical type of game with them as a game plan, legal hit or contact or not.  It plays right into their game.  Let them come to us to initiate the physical hits and contacts, use quick passes and our speed to get mismatches and odd man offensive situations.  If the Bruins feel like they can spare that extra two steps, extra few seconds to put the body on someone, we have to make them pay by getting rid of the puck and quickly and using our speed.   All things being equal, the team with the most speed would have the advantage if two guys are tied up on the boards without the puck.  It's like 4-on-4, more ice, more room to capitalize on our speed.

Lastly, even if we did decide to engage on a physical level between the whistles with them, we lose.  They are a bigger team and would win that battle.  Smaller guys hitting bigger guys is okay in instances, but this as a general game plan over a 7 game series, this would wear us down.  Advantage Bruins.  As Ron Burgundy says, "it's science"

Getting Pumped Babaay!!!!!

Exactly a team like the Wings can't get into the rough stuff and give the Bruins their energy, they really feed off on that. Wings need to play smart and use speed and skill. But obviously I trust Babcock with a good gameplan.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#24 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,588 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:34 PM

I don't want to poke the bear...I want to shoot it.

msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#25 themcityblues

themcityblues

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 700 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:40 PM

I'm kind of wondering if the Wings will lose this series because of their awful PP.  A clear advantage the Wings have is their speed, which could mean the B's are caught taking penalties under pressure.  I expect some very critical power plays throughout this series, and I'm just hoping the special teams unit comes prepared.  Having Dats back is a huge plus, though.

#26 KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

KATIEBARTHEDOOR24

Love slave to the system

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:25 PM

If any game gets out of hand you can bet they will get nasty
KOHARSKI, HAVE ANOTHER DONUT, YOU FAT PIG
"Statistics are for losers, unless they are good ones."- Mickey Redman
"Good... Bad... I'm the guy with the gun."- Ash
"Stay thirsty my friends."- The Most Interesting Man In The World

#27 Shinzaki

Shinzaki

Rookie

• Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:36 PM

Poked that bear pretty hard tonight.   Glendening eating that hit to hold the puck in the corner and kill the clock was the kind of tough play that wins playoff games.

#28 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,488 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:07 PM

If the Pittsburgh Philly series ever taught me anything, it's that I could care less about fighting in the playoffs, just wears you down

#29 swedishconnection

swedishconnection

Conn Smythe - as predicted since 2006

• PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 11:01 AM

One of the things that got me thinking last night was this:  The terrible NBC talking heads were speaking before the game about the B's ability to play big and aggressive if you want; or play the skill game if you want that instead.  That can be intimidating to a lot of teams in the league because with the Bruins they can usually do it better than the opposition.

Turns out after watching the game that the Bruins didnt know which team they were last night.  They can't out-skill the class of puck possession teams, and thier "big nastiness" came out like a wimper compared to the Anahiem teams we have faced over the years.

With our generations of players being developed the same puck possession way, it's amazing to watch a "system" beat a team of bigger, better, meaner.

Mickey is one of the only colour commentators I've heard that gets angry when his team gets a powerplay as a result of a crap call from an official.

-Hockeytown0001