• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

4/18 ECQF Game 1 GDT: Red Wings 1 @ Bruins 0. DET leads series 1-0

Rate this topic

The keys to the game are the refs calling it the way it should be called, and not letting the cheap stuff get out of hand. Marchand is not a plyer I personally would want on my team - as I see him as dirty as he is a "valuable pest". Call the games the way that game in Montreal was called - with a penalty shot in OT - and I think this will be a fun series.

As for our young guys being scared tonight - I doubt it. The NHL isn't the AHL but the best coach in the game and the experience of a long physical 4 rounds last year on route to winning the Calder means these "kids" are not pushovers. The series is going 6 or 7 games anyways, so one game doesn't make the series. You can't judge any team until they each play a game at home anyways.

I got the Wings in 6 if, and big IF, Howard is not the difference-maker in a negative way. We've got the better coach. The defense is a slight edge to us. The forwards are more experienced on the Boston side but I think it is a close draw. This series is ALL on Howard unless of course our forwards implode.

GO WINGS!!

Saw our lineups for tonight and I gotta say minus missing hank I love our lines ... I see some potential goals on each line ... That being said going a bit off here

Seeing legwand on the 4th line now (so much for our saviour) ... I can't see any possible way we can keep both legwand and weiss for next season and beyond with jurco sheahan coming up and future kids next 2-3 yrs

My personal opinion is I think Alfie is enjoying himself that he will definetly be back next season so buys us an extra year before mantha or someone else can come up

Don't see anyway we keep both Weiss and legwand

Am I wrong?

And oh ya ...

Let's go redwings!!lets kick some boston ass!

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

Jersey is just coming out of dryer and off to work we go. Will be streaming live in the kitchen & can't wait to see our boys in playoff action! (Anyone else nervous as f$&@?!)

I've actually got a calm collected feeling about the game. Very odd for me to say the least.

Looks like Doc Emrick and Pierre McGuire will have the call on NBCSN. I feel sorry for those that won't be able to watch FSD

I'm really getting quick sick of these two. I'll happily watch NBCSN if it's Dave Strader and Brian Engblom, but this is getting tedious. Praying that gamecenter live gives us the FSD stream. Desperate need for some Mickey.

LGW!

Pledge made for money on the board? Check.

Thread and beads sorted and ready for bracelets by the chair? Check.

Unlucky purple underwear banished to the bottom of the drawer? Check.

Wallpaper set to the last Wing to score a goal? Check.

I'm ready.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Pledge made for money on the board? Check.

Thread and beads sorted and ready for bracelets by the chair? Check.

Unlucky purple underwear banished to the bottom of the drawer? Check.

Wallpaper set to the last Wing to score a goal? Check.

I'm ready.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Sooooooo...can I get one of those bead bracelets or what?

Looks like Doc Emrick and Pierre McGuire will have the call on NBCSN. I feel sorry for those that won't be able to watch FSD

I cannot stand Doc and Pierre. WTF does skittered even mean? Might have to tune into 97.1 tonight to save my sanity.

After the games from the last two nights I'm expecting to have several minor heart attacks tonight.

Hopefully the officials don't let the Boston Goon Squad get too out of control tonight.

Edited by Phil Lesh

Sooooooo...can I get one of those bead bracelets or what?

It's a thing we did here in 2008. You make a red bracelet for every win and a white one for every loss. You don't take them off until the Wings are out of the playoffs or until the parade down Woodward.

You can personalize them in any way you want. I do beads with the initials of each player who scores a goal for that game. Unfortunately, I seem to have deleted all of my pictures from the past. :(

It had a bit of a following that year and the next, but most of the gals who did it are no longer around here. Here's the link for the second year that we did it, in case anyone wants to play along.

There was a bit of bother because it all started as something that those of us who can't grow beards were doing, and those who could grow them took exception, but we got that resolved.

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/topic/56806-ladies-alternative-to-playoff-beard/?hl=bracelets