• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
peabrain

hockey on local radio?

Rate this topic

Sorry if this allready benn discussed a million time, but i was looking for a radio channel talking hockey and preferably red wings hockey.

you know, similar to team 1040 for nucks and such.

i've tried ticket 97.1, but sofar only glimpses about wings, mostly they talk for hours about later draft picks for lions and such.

so is there a radiostation in hockeytown, that actually talks about hockey?

Nope, pretty bare bones.

The hosts say their shows are caller driven. I dunno, I find it hard to believe that the sports fan around here wants to break down each Tigers' loss or win (especially in April....) and talk constantly about how the Lions (one of the worst sports franchises in history, mind you) are going to F up their draft picks.....again.

If that IS true, then the Michigan/Detroit sports fan priorities are very sad.

105.1 is a sports station now, Drew and Marc talk to Mickey Redmond a lot and they do discuss *some* hockey on that station. However, football and baseball are far more popular and will always get more airtime.

Guest DeGraa55

96.1 is the best I've heard but they're out of GR. The host is a habs fan though and Msu fan. But it's pretty good.

But like others have said the tigers and lions are number one. Much and Msu next. They said they've tried to do more hockey shows but they get less callers. But in the three hours they are on they do one or two segments of hockey specially around playoff time.

Also they have blashill on it seems about once every other week or so maybe less. Ken holland on a couple times a year.

Guest Playmaker

Sorry, but the Wings are often not a very interesting subject. You need conflict and controversy to create good conversation on sports radio. The Wings are consistently good, have extremely boring personalities (meaning non controversial) and a management team that for the most part, makes wise decisions.