• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 LAWings

LAWings

Rookie

• Pip
  • 138 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:22 PM

After watching this video last night, even the Bruins announcer is yelling at the players to get up and that they are embarrassing pointing out 6'8" Chara dropping like a sack of potatoes.  I chuckled and said watch little Tater is going to 'take' Chara down.

Couldn't believe when it happened and he got the penalty.  I've rewatched that play a couple times and Chara totally embellished that, even held Taters stick.  No way a guy that big falls apart like that. 

Chumps.

#22 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,690 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:47 PM

After watching this video last night, even the Bruins announcer is yelling at the players to get up and that they are embarrassing pointing out 6'8" Chara dropping like a sack of potatoes.  I chuckled and said watch little Tater is going to 'take' Chara down.

Couldn't believe when it happened and he got the penalty.  I've rewatched that play a couple times and Chara totally embellished that, even held Taters stick.  No way a guy that big falls apart like that. 

Chumps.

Ya the Tatar call was pretty funny. When Chara wants to stay on his feet he does - lets be honest. I've only seen Chara knocked off balance to the ice by a hit maybe 2 or 3 times ever and I highly doubt Tatar has the leverage to pull him down without slew footing him. 

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#23 _SP_

_SP_

Rookie

• Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:09 PM

anyone have a video of the "takedown"?

#24 Rhah

Rhah

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 04:00 PM

I agree with what others have said in thread, until its not considered just a matching penalty and only the "diver" goes off the ice, nothing will change. I ***** endlessly about this almost every time we played the Sharks in the playoffs.

#25 loutswings

loutswings

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 06:14 AM

Surprised no one posted the video of Tatar slamming Chara. Still have a hard time a 6'9 getting taken down to the ice by a guy under 6'. 

#26 All in good fun

All in good fun

Draftee

• 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:38 PM

Ya the Tatar call was pretty funny. When Chara wants to stay on his feet he does - lets be honest. I've only seen Chara knocked off balance to the ice by a hit maybe 2 or 3 times ever and I highly doubt Tatar has the leverage to pull him down without slew footing him. 

This is true, so slashing and trying to trip a guy is ok as long as he can take it? Good logic.

Bruins had the least amount of power plays this year. If they're embellishing more than other teams, they're really bad at it.

#27 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:55 PM

Wheelchairsuperhero wants less diving.

#28 number9

number9

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:17 PM

This is true, so slashing and trying to trip a guy is ok as long as he can take it? Good logic.

Bruins had the least amount of power plays this year. If they're embellishing more than other teams, they're really bad at it.

They are really bad at it lol it's embarrassing.

#29 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:09 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=wbShxQyu1gM

This is great too... I love his description of Brad Marchand

#30 T.Low

T.Low

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip