• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
_SP_

Lucic Spearing DeKeyser

Rate this topic

So if next game we dressed Bert and he straight up went all Moore on his a** the league would suspend Bert for life but nothing for an obvious attempt to injure ...... Got it. Come in NHL the rest of this sports world is lol ing at you

Tootoo would probably get manhandled due to size differences. I think its best we just let them do their thing and we keep on chugging along. Let them get distracted trying to be physical.

Ah, the old "turn the other cheek" approach. The Quakers endorse it, I hear. D-Mac, Shanny or Kocur, even past his prime, would have dropped Lucic.

Anyone know how much Lidstrom's surgery cost? That's gotta be on the internet somewhere... that should be the amount of the fine, right? Also, how does a penalty during the game = game misconduct, but when it's caught on national television during the broadcast AND replayed over and over for people all around the world who might not have even been watching the game only = .0008% of his salary?

Sport has become so pussified. Where are all the men in this game like Mac, Shanny, Kocur, Stevens, Krupp, Hull and all those guys? WTF happened? Hell even Yzerman would take people out when necessary and he was a skill player.

Here's TSN's take on it, the Lucic spear and the Dats goal.

http://www.tsn.ca/VideoHub/?collection=72&show=328020

Spearing is a 5 mins and a game if called in a game.

1. F*** Milan lucic - pulling that cowardly garbage and then looking around for the ref to make sure he got away with it.

2. "I've run out of words, so we won't say any more."

Actually no I didn't. I was referencing Sarah conners tweets but that's not a hard joke to come up with considering all the because it's the cup commercials the nhl did. I went on the Bruins hfboards after the game to see what they were saying about the game, but I don't usually go on there, and I never go on the wings one because I can't stand most of the people that post there.

I don't usually go there either. Just saying...that's what I thought.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=83653705&postcount=588

The thing with a guy like Lucic, is if the NHL doesn't take care of him, he won't stop. When Weber slammed Z, and Bert responded the next game, he was noticeably less physical for the rest of that series. Even if we had a guy like E healthy to challenge Lucic to fight, that would only serve to help Lucic because it would make him want to take another run or cheapshot on a guy to get the hate boiling. The Wings have to stay composed and focus on the hockey, the fastest team to win 4 games wins the series, not the toughest. The Bruins could've pummeled the Blackhawks last year, but it wouldn't have changed the result. Speed and skill kills, I just wanna see the boys win. Any more dirt and the league should step in.

Tootoo would probably get manhandled due to size differences. I think its best we just let them do their thing and we keep on chugging along. Let them get distracted trying to be physical.

Agreed. Lucic is a POS for a move like this. But the Wings shouldn't engage the Bruins. That's exactly what Boston is hoping for.

In the playoffs the best way for this Wings roster to deal with a rat like Marchand and dirty player like Lucic is not to respond to all to their cheapshots.

Agreed. Lucic is a POS for a move like this. But the Wings shouldn't engage the Bruins. That's exactly what Boston is hoping for.

In the playoffs the best way for this Wings roster to deal with a rat like Marchand and dirty player like Lucic is not to respond to all to their cheapshots.

Actually I saw on the Bruins forum that they are all Pissed at our "turn the other cheek" method and they want us to fall into their trap. It's even getting under the fans skin as well as the players. Keep doing what you're doing wings :)

Well, they made an example of spearing when Lucic did it in March - he simply got a warning. So if they were to fine Perry, for his first offense, that would go against precedence, which is grounds for a labor complaint.

Here's the thing, though... Lucic admits to doing it TWICE in a month ("I mean, I haven't done that but unfortunately I've done it twice in the last little bit here,") and all he gets is a MINUTE fine. Again, it is 0.0008% of his salary. That is 1/1250 of his paycheck... or, if we consider hockey a 24-hour-per-day job, 7-days per week throughout the entire year... fining him for six hours of work. Total.

So he paid off his punishment by basically sleeping.

The coach says...

"Our video doesn't show it, so I can't comment on it," he said. "I think it was seen on another station and I haven't looked at it yet, so I can't say much about it. But obviously if it's serious enough to get a call then hopefully he has to adjust and rectify that, so I've heard of it but haven't seen it."

So if it doesn't get a call... he doesn't have to rectify it? Whatever. Doosh.

Edited by _SP_

The coach says...

"Our video doesn't show it, so I can't comment on it," he said. "I think it was seen on another station and I haven't looked at it yet, so I can't say much about it. But obviously if it's serious enough to get a call then hopefully he has to adjust and rectify that, so I've heard of it but haven't seen it."

So if it doesn't get a call... he doesn't have to rectify it? Whatever. Doosh.

Babcock on Julien ... you are never working with me in the Olympics again.

grant_g_babcock_sl_640.jpg?w=524

Edited by RedWingsRox

The thing with a guy like Lucic, is if the NHL doesn't take care of him, he won't stop. When Weber slammed Z, and Bert responded the next game, he was noticeably less physical for the rest of that series. Even if we had a guy like E healthy to challenge Lucic to fight, that would only serve to help Lucic because it would make him want to take another run or cheapshot on a guy to get the hate boiling. The Wings have to stay composed and focus on the hockey, the fastest team to win 4 games wins the series, not the toughest. The Bruins could've pummeled the Blackhawks last year, but it wouldn't have changed the result. Speed and skill kills, I just wanna see the boys win. Any more dirt and the league should step in.

For a 5k fine I would return the favor and see how he likes it . With our luck we would get a 5 minute major and a suspension..scrap that idea lol

Edited by puckbags

For a 5k fine I would return the favor and see how he likes it . With our luck we would get a 5 minute major and a suspension..scrap that idea lol

:lol: Yeah really though, big Lucic gets away with it, a skilled guy on the Wings pulls that and he's gone for a game.

What I'd like to see is the wings keep their composure and win the series without stooping to the petty cheap shots.

And then I'd like their first meeting next season for someone to go out and pummel that idiot and let him know that people don't forget. Ha

The NHL needs to at the VERY LEAST raise their fine limits ...

NHL?! Say "thank you very much" to that ******* players union first! Here is an example why these defenseless individuals need protection from .... (well, you name what they need protection from)

On the other hand, NHL can handle a game or two to this piece of dog s*** easlily but, for some reason, did not.

Edited by ami