• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
_SP_

Lucic Spearing DeKeyser

Rate this topic

Regular season is behind us and we won the Presidents Trophy while others just made the playoffs by the skin of their teeth 2 years in a row. Now you're about to see what will happen to you in the 1st round, like you guys have done to Nashville. We were down 0-2 to the Habs in 2011 and won that series...we went 7 games with Tampon Bay and won that series...we went 7 against the Canucks and won the Cup. So I'm not worried about home ice advantage. We ran the tables then and we'll do it this time.

We heard the same thing last season there my friend from the big bad yucks and their fans. How did that one turn out...I forgot.

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

Regular season is behind us and we won the Presidents Trophy while others just made the playoffs by the skin of their teeth 2 years in a row. Now you're about to see what will happen to you in the 1st round, like you guys have done to Nashville. We were down 0-2 to the Habs in 2011 and won that series...we went 7 games with Tampon Bay and won that series...we went 7 against the Canucks and won the Cup. So I'm not worried about home ice advantage. We ran the tables then and we'll do it this time.

Yeah, they struggled with Montreal, Tampa bay and Vancouver. When was the last time any of those teams won it all? Tampa was the most recent before the salary cap. They're playing a real team now, and they couldn't do anything with s***cago last year. Not to mention they let Tyler seguin go. That was real smart. Boston will be playing golf and watching the Sawx at Fenway in another week. Snapple Fact.

The Wings were the tougher team last night. Won more of the battles in the corners and in front of the net. Any idiot can "chuck knuckles" so the Bruins can roll all the idiots out there that they want. Our hockey payers will continue to skate around Chara like he's a big goofy pylon.

This "eastern conference Nashville" you speak of always seems to be beating your team. Regular season and now first playoff game. Just because the wings aren't cheap shotting goons doesn't mean they're not tough, it's called class, and they've been good at it for more than 2 decades.

Edit: by the way did you know your team's captain was a goofy looking tree on skates?

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero

That's ok...we'll give Boychuk the green light to take nail your 2 starts...oh wait...Z's out so we'll nail Dat's and Nyquist. You'll see what it's like to be the Eastern Conference version of the Nashville Preds...1st round bounce.

Green light? Really. Isn't already open season for cheap shots on guys that aren't looking.

Anyway, I thought your best players didn't play game one because of the sniffles. We've got legit injuries over here, pal.

Also, as far as I can recall... yeah, pretty sure Detroit has won the President's Trophy over the years... 23 years of playoffs (skin of teeth or other-wise, through adversity, injury, etc. or otherwise) ...teams that win the President's Trophy... often go out early. So enjoy that sentiment.

...and as far as chucking knuckles. Yeah, big bruiser Lucic. Grand Champion of spot picking knuckle-chucking... what did he do last night?

Certainly didn't throw any bombs. (Unless it was after a whistle or the game was over)

More like cheap shots to a guy who isn't even looking. Real Tough. Real Classy.

GTFOH.

Not surprised nothing is happening. Par for the course. That being said, I will bring up a thought I have talked about before. There are many that don't like fighting-including our GM. So in Hollands case he builds team based on that belief. fact is stuff like this happens, has happened, will happen, and nothing will be done about it. In fact as fighting goes down more and more stick work happens. After all what is $5000 to a guy making 4+ million per year? Pros spend more on strippers year than that. We have to live in realville. Based on how things are, not how we wished they were.

Legwand got 5k for the Malkin spear right?

Yeah, I think so.... plus a 5 minute major and a game misconduct, neither of which were received by Lucic. Should have been $5K and 1 game, I think. But, the league doesn't have enough in the area DeKeyser got speared to suspend Lucic.

I am a diehard Bruins fan and the majority of our fan base understand this was a bush league dirty hit. We don't want to see it in the game and many think he should have been suspended and got off to easy. We want tough physical play by our team, drop the gloves, instigate etc. but as passionate hockey fans we don't want to see this occur. So lets move onto Game 2 and get back to some good ole fashion hockey.

That's ok...we'll give Boychuk the green light to take nail your 2 starts...oh wait...Z's out so we'll nail Dat's and Nyquist. You'll see what it's like to be the Eastern Conference version of the Nashville Preds...1st round bounce.

Don't talk about my preds,The Red Wings are nothing like the Nashville Predators,so don' put them in the same sentence Edited by PredsFanTheBayouState

Another cowardly play by Lucic. He had absolutely no reason to do it. Dekeyser routinely ran him into the boards. He did it because he knew he could.

Guy acts like the toughest s*** but runs away from legit heavyweights. He's ducked Colton Orr multiple times, Georges Laraque multiple times, and just ran away from John Scott last week.

Are you forgetting that not long ago the Bruins would have loved to have been considered the Nashville Predators of the East?

You can do better than that.

I am a diehard Bruins fan and the majority of our fan base understand this was a bush league dirty hit. We don't want to see it in the game and many think he should have been suspended and got off to easy. We want tough physical play by our team, drop the gloves, instigate etc. but as passionate hockey fans we don't want to see this occur. So lets move onto Game 2 and get back to some good ole fashion hockey.

Classy Bruins fan, we need more of you here.

Edited by Hockeytown0001

I'm not holding my breath, but I'm hoping you're right.

Unless the refs are hiding under rocks between games - they'll more than likely have seen this, and will hopefully keep a closer eye on Lucic, and the rest of the Bruins.

If you're gonna spear a guy in the family jewels the least you could do is buy him a lap dance at the 'Windsor Ballet'.

Agreed.

AS much as I love that brand of hockey - the Wings simply aren't built for that sort of play.

If it won us the Stanley Cup, I'd take him out to dinner and kiss him on the neck afterward.

That's the Canadian way to play, dirty. Notice all the players involved in dirty plays are Canadian? People can say what they want about the Wings not having an enforcer, but the Wings play the game right. The #1 concern is to out score your opponent, not to beat them up.

The NHL seems to think these upcoming lawsuits involving former players is a joke. They use violence to sell their game. Every time they let guys like Lucic off with only a $5,000 fine, they're giving the former player's lawsuits more ammo. The NHL is going to lose big because of their self inflated egos.

That's the Canadian way to play, dirty. Notice all the players involved in dirty plays are Canadian? People can say what they want about the Wings not having an enforcer, but the Wings play the game right. The #1 concern is to out score your opponent, not to beat them up.

The NHL seems to think these upcoming lawsuits involving former players is a joke. They use violence to sell their game. Every time they let guys like Lucic off with only a $5,000 fine, they're giving the former player's lawsuits more ammo. The NHL is going to lose big because of their self inflated egos.

Yep this is what I have been saying. Also what the hell is with all the cheap shots lately? The league put in the instigator penalty so they would be the ones policing the game, except they are not doing their job. They are allowing this stuff to go unpunished.one game suspensions are not going to stop headshots, players need to be suspended for entire series. Time to practice what you preach.

Judging by the Bruins fan (not the one who stated we need to keep things clean), I think we have their fan base a little worried. I mean bring up how they "owned" previous playoff games some 4 years ago and how it took...... what 40+ years to win between Cups for them, I guess we have a lot in common don't we Boston????? I like when we get under the fans skin, that's one thing we have been doing for 88 plus years and that's something Boston knows nothing about but will by mid next week.

GO WINGS BABY!!!

I dreamt of having Lucic in Detroit but this kind of thing is not a heat of the moment thing.... it's a low down filthy and dispicable play and NOT something I would be happy seeing our players doing. Why does a big tough kid like Lucic have to resort to swinging his stick at the low hanging fruit of an unsuspecting player? This guy has zero respect for the safety of the players or the game!!! It's a cry baby reaction for Dekeyser cleanly knocking him off the puck 2 seconds before. Sad thing is we have NOONE to put him in his place.... Maybe Johan will remove his cloak of invisibility and rub his vagine on Lucic in retaliation, probably not though.

Edited by The Secret

The league has shown some consistency here at least. Legwand received the same $5,000 fine for his butt end to Malkin's junk. However, is there video of him doing close to the same thing not that long ago? I have no idea if the first Lucic incident was caught by the league or not. If it was, he should have at least received a $10,000 fine.

Unfortunately, stuff like this happens way more often than you might expect. Next time you attend a game, just take a few minutes to watch things behind the play when no one else is looking. Would help if you are attending a BOS or PHI game as well.

He should have got a one-game suspension.

If he got caught and was issued a 5+game penalty, then I could see forgoing the suspension. But he purposely did it when he knew he wouldn't be caught. The entire thing was very calculated, on purpose, and consistent with his character.

$5,000 is meaningless