• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
_SP_

Lucic Spearing DeKeyser

Rate this topic

I know it was briefly discussed in the GDT, but this should be a topic of concern for Red Wings fans over the next few days. There is an ENORMOUS difference between playing hard and playing dirty. The jewels are sacred in all sports- boxing, UFC, football, etc. If the NHL doesn't lay a HEAVY suspension on Lucic (3-4 games) for his actions, I will be extremely disappointed. It is his SECOND time THIS SEASON doing something like this, although the first one was "light" and "an accident".

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. He got damn near his entire stick between DeKeyser's legs! That is not a hockey play at all and he should be sitting for quite some time. Heck, trying to lay a huge hit and have your skates come off the ice will cause you to sit for at least a week, even if it occurs during a hockey move, but hitting someone between the legs with your stick is brushed off?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nssGVSiNYU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ioq2gp2pJu4

That's two shots in less than FOUR weeks, it was caught and replayed on NATIONAL TELEVISION in TWO of the largest NHL markets, and during PLAYOFF HOCKEY.

There BETTER be a suspension! Otherwise, the NHL is setting a tone for the rest of the series that the Red Wings might not be able to keep up with.

He won't get suspended. This league does not care about player safety at all. Remember when Lindstrom got speared by sharp and needed surgery. The league should have cracked down on this right after this report came out.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090616/COL22/906160360/You-cringe-when-you-hear-pain-Wings-endured

He won't get suspended. This league does not care about player safety at all. Remember when Lindstrom got speared by sharp and needed surgery. The league should have cracked down on this right after this report came out.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090616/COL22/906160360/You-cringe-when-you-hear-pain-Wings-endured

Unless used jokingly, that spelling's gotta be a cardinal sin on this site. :scared:

@HackswithHaggs: Milan lucic said there's no hearing on his spear of Danny DeKeyser, but he does have to call the league office about it

@HammerFox2: Lucic on DeKeyser: Spur of the moment thing, says there is no hearing but he has to call in to the league. "I'm not gonna make it a habit"

@AnsarKhanMLive: Lucic expresses remorse for spearing DeKeyser. Said it was heat of moment, and he's not that kind of player.

:lol:

@DJ_Bean: Lucic: "I don't know why I did it." #Bruins #RedWings

If you're wondering, that sound you hear is me rolling my eyes SO HARD.

God it just keeps getting better:

@HackswithHaggs: Milan Lucic: "I don't know what I was thinking. I pride myself on playing within the rules, and that's obviously something I can't be doing"

Edited by BottleOfSmoke

Well put by the OP.

Was there even a fine or anything on the first one? If not than yea, no chance of a suspension. Which is actually blowing my mind right now.

The NHL is really setting themselves up for quite the law suit if Lucic were to one day actually injure a player to the point where he can't have children. I don't want anyone to get hurt like that, but I kind of almost hope it does. The NHL is allowing it to happen for some unknown reason, and they would lose a lot of money from a law suit like that.

Edited by StayClassy

Sucks for Dekeyser, but I'm ok with this happening. Sure Lucic will only get a slap on the wrist, but next game I'll be surprised if the Bruins get the benefit of the doubt on anything. All close calls will go against them, we'll get the powerplays, the frustration will grow, thus leading to more stupid s*** from them, and more powerplays for us.

Sucks for Dekeyser, but I'm ok with this happening. Sure Lucic will only get a slap on the wrist, but next game I'll be surprised if the Bruins get the benefit of the doubt on anything. All close calls will go against them, we'll get the powerplays, the frustration will grow, thus leading to more stupid s*** from them, and more powerplays for us.

Your lips to YFMB's ear...

This is why dirty players will never change - Guys like Lucic and Neal that are fan favourite players get away with murder - without being suspended they have no reason to stop. Players know this and try things BECAUSE they don't get suspended in the playoffs. Make an example of him and I doubt he does it again as he would be letting his team down heavily.

The worst part is there was never even a penalty call! Literally Lucic got a free one without any repercussions.

After the Weber turnbuckle on Z a while back I completely lost my faith that anything will be worthy of suspension in the playoffs.

Or anyone remember the post-game mauling by Malkin on Z in the playoffs a while back? That should have been an automatic 1 game suspension that just magically never happened. The NHL is a joke in rule enforcement and they just like to come down on borderline NHL players that have minimal impact on a team's success.

If Lucic ends up injuring someone in the next game I will seriously question the judgement of the NHL and what they are even trying to do with the rules. Suspensions are supposed to teach players a lesson to clean up their act next time - without it Lucic can just go out there next game and pretend that what he did was within the rules.

If Lucic ends up injuring someone in the next game I will seriously question the judgement of the NHL and what they are even trying to do with the rules. Suspensions are supposed to teach players a lesson to clean up their act next time - without it Lucic can just go out there next game and pretend that what he did was within the rules.

Think about the other leagues, the ones that care about player safety. If there was a nut shot away from the play in any other league they are getting a suspension, and a lengthy one. In the NFL it would probably be two games (1/8 of the season!). In the NBA probably 10. The NHL? no games and a $5,000 slap on the wrist. Isn't $5,000 the max too, for a player?

Bulls*** from Lucic saying he won't do it again. Of course he will -- as long as the league doesn't punish him in any form. Did the same thing to Emelin, so it's not like this is some random act from Lucic. He's a scumbag. The officials never miss a slight hook 150 feet from the play and then let spearing go.