• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#121 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:59 AM

Typical Boston fan attitude.  "We don't care about hockey unless they're one of the top teams, then we'd still rather see violence than skill.  BIG BAD BRUINS RAWR!"

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#122 HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

Jr. Prospect

• 25 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:05 PM

As much as I'd like to see Quasimodo get his bell rung, I'd prefer us to destroy them on the scoreboard.

#123 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,940 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 01:51 PM

Ironic that we're all siting here talking for seven pages in public about something we keep referring to as "privates".

Poor Danny.

#124 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,806 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 02:01 PM

Wonderful, we have to listen to that ****** bag Milbury during intermission.  Guess I will be changing the channel during intermission.

#125 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:46 AM

I dreamt of having Lucic in Detroit but this kind of thing is not a heat of the moment thing.... it's a low down filthy and dispicable play and NOT something I would be happy seeing our players doing. Why does a big tough kid like Lucic have to resort to swinging his stick at the low hanging fruit of an unsuspecting player? This guy has zero respect for the safety of the players or the game!!! It's a cry baby reaction for Dekeyser cleanly knocking him off the puck 2 seconds before. Sad thing is we have NOONE to put him in his place.... Maybe Johan will remove his cloak of invisibility and rub his vagine on Lucic in retaliation, probably not though.

Edited by The Secret, 21 April 2014 - 07:48 AM.

#126 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,524 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:42 AM

The league has shown some consistency here at least.  Legwand received the same $5,000 fine for his butt end  to Malkin's junk.  However, is there video of him doing close to the same thing not that long ago?  I have no idea if the first Lucic incident was caught by the league or not.  If it was, he should have at least received a $10,000 fine.

Unfortunately, stuff like this happens way more often than you might expect.  Next time you attend a game, just take a few minutes to watch things behind the play when no one else is looking.  Would help if you are attending a BOS or PHI game as well.

#127 Holmstrom96

Holmstrom96

Banned Member

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:55 AM

He should have got a one-game suspension.

If he got caught and was issued a 5+game penalty, then I could see forgoing the suspension.  But he purposely did it when he knew he wouldn't be caught.  The entire thing was very calculated, on purpose, and consistent with his character.

$5,000 is meaningless

#128 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 03:49 PM

He should have got a one-game suspension.

If he got caught and was issued a 5+game penalty, then I could see forgoing the suspension.  But he purposely did it when he knew he wouldn't be caught.  The entire thing was very calculated, on purpose, and consistent with his character.

$5,000 is meaningless

I agree about if the play had been penalized and forgoing the suspension. The $5,000 hurts no one, at least the major would have hurt the team and benefited the wings in some way. 

Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#129 nawein

nawein

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 09:24 AM

I'm a go to school and work a couple jobs so I don't make a ton of money but if I had to pay the same % of my income to spear Lucic in the balls I'd do it in a heartbeat. $15 well spent if you ask me. Not that I would actually do it; my point being that the fine doesn't hurt him at all.

#130 All in good fun

All in good fun

Draftee

• 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:10 PM

I want Krejci or Bergeron to get Kronwalled so bad. You know that idiot Lucic and rat Marchand would take offense if something like that happened to one of their guys.

You mean like Franzen intentionally boarding Boychuk into the boards. Yeah, that happened. Detroit isn't squeeky clean. What Lucic did was bad but take off your homer glasses.  

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Fz9RE9RGrVY

And hey, Detroit loves cheap players, no?

#131 saven

saven

Rookie

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:26 PM

All in. You dont realize it the exact s**t loser did that caused that incident correct ? Moore was pulling some dirty hits and wouldn't drop the gloves also I don't see a winged wheel in that video at all. If you are saying that a wings players is dirty it helps to use stuff from when they were a wing.
In explanation of my avatar: for those who understand no explanation is necessary, for those who don't google federko.

#132 All in good fun

All in good fun

Draftee

• 3 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:46 PM

All in. You dont realize it the exact s**t loser did that caused that incident correct ? Moore was pulling some dirty hits and wouldn't drop the gloves also I don't see a winged wheel in that video at all. If you are saying that a wings players is dirty it helps to use stuff from when they were a wing.

Even worse, they employed them after the incident. So by your logic, what Shawn Thornton did to Orpik was fine, right?

And I did reference a dirty hit by the Wings, you just chose to gloss over it.

Bruins aren't the cleanest team in the league but they aren't the dirtiest. Save that for teams like the Pens, Wild, and Flyers.

Every once in a while, a Bs player does something dirty (Marchand, Lucic) but the team plays the game the right way most of the time (like Detroit).

#133 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 03:50 PM

Even worse, they employed them after the incident. So by your logic, what Shawn Thornton did to Orpik was fine, right?

Bruins aren't the cleanest team in the league but they aren't the dirtiest. Save that for teams like the Pens, Wild, and Flyers.

Every once in a while, a Bs player does something dirty (Marchand, Lucic) but the team plays the game the right way most of the time (like Detroit).

Except all the flopping

#134 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 04:12 PM

First off lucic didn't just make a stupid decision, it was the second time he did the exact same thing in two weeks. Second, Detroit is one of the least penalized teams in the league, you don't get there being dirty, Ya the odd thing happens, but franzen isn't chopping people in the balls every two weeks. Third and most importantly, bertuzzi made a mistake on a different team, which he was told to do by a different coach, and the punch didn't cause the problem, it was the dogpile on top of Moore after he hit the ice that caused damage. I dint know if you think you're clever or just don't know what you're talking about.