• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

ECQF Game 2 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Bruins 4 - Series tied 1-1

Rate this topic

5 million a year Alfredsson is a ghost. Tossed off the puck at will. Power Play is pitiful. Come on guys it isn't over yet. Let's regroup and have a great 3rd. Keep puck possession so Howard doesn't have to get tested cause he's crazy shaky today.

Edited by GoWings!

I would honestly rather see Cleary in than Alfredsson. At least Cleary plays like he gives a s***. Alfie has been god awful since the Olympics.

Edit: I know Cleary is hurt. It is hypothetical.

This would probably be the time to put Cleary in.

Edited by Hockeymom1960

will some one for the love of god tell me what the f### is Tom Renney's job in Detroit!?!?!!?

the PP has been brutal all year and its carrying on into the post season.

and after we get ourself back in the game we shot ourself in the foot with some crap zone coverage.

do we go for it in the 3rd or do we take them back to the joe at 1-1. at the end of the day we can lose 7-1

and itll still only counts as one lost game. Ill admit i thought we'd be 0-2 going back to the Joe so im very

happy splitting the first 2.

Lets get Franzen and Alf off the PP unit and stack it up with kids. First unit Dats Helm Nyquist Smith Kronwall, Second unit Sheahan, Tatar, Jurco, Quincey, DeKeyser. Do SOMETHING different. It's not working as it sits.

Babs hasn't changed it from 100% vets on the 1 st line. I don't expect him to change now.

Lets get Franzen and Alf off the PP unit and stack it up with kids. First unit Dats Helm Nyquist Smith Kronwall, Second unit Sheahan, Tatar, Jurco, Quincey, DeKeyser. Do SOMETHING different. It's not working as it sits.

Franzen has been good. Alfie is definitely playing hurt and should sit. Nyquist, dare I say, doesn't look very good at all these playoffs and Dekeseyer his been on the power play and I don't think we've gained entry once the puck has hit his stick

Franzen has been good. Alfie is definitely playing hurt and should sit. Nyquist, dare I say, doesn't look very good at all these playoffs and Dekeseyer his been on the power play and I don't think we've gained entry once the puck has hit his stick

It just needs to get mixed up, something isn't clicking yet it's the same unit of the same players over and over.

I think Nyquist has been fine, expectations are a bit too high after his late season surge and playoffs are an entirely different monster for a young inexperienced player. The Bruins are doing a good job of locking down a lot of scoring chances and just allowing shots. Our one goal was lucky, there's just next to no room.

That’s a really stupid comment.

No it's not.

Chiarelli has done a great job building a team. Holland did a good job sustaining an already immensely successful machine. I think Chiarelli is a better GM in today's NHL than Holland is. Kenny could learn a lot from Chiarelli on how to make good trades and free agent moves.

Chiarelli wouldn't have brought back a Samuelsson or trade a first for Quincey.

Edited by GMRwings1983

The B's were much better in the 1st,but we definitely deserved better luck after the 2nd.

It's not even a matter of luck. It's what it almost always is with us, a couple costly mistakes and failing to score on 27 consecutive power plays. Semantics, but I'm just saying. If our power play is even a touch better than it's been, we're going into the third with a lead, in a game where we got absolutely owned in the opening frame. To me, that's reason for optimism. It means there's only one thing that's really killing us - and even then, it's not like we didn't win the first game.

Howie has been real solid, only reason its not worse. If we dont bring this one back for a W cant say we disnt have our chances....have to at least get some shots on net and no excuse for not making rask doing anything on our pp.

Come out firing 3rd and see what happens.

No it's not.

Chiarelli has done a great job building a team. Holland did a good job sustaining an already immensely successful machine. I think Chiarelli is a better GM in today's NHL than Holland is. Kenny could learn a lot from Chiarelli on how to make good trades and free agent moves.

Yeah that 2008 team that won the cup had nothing to do with Holland....