• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

ECQF Game 2 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Bruins 4 - Series tied 1-1

Rate this topic

"None of Datsyuk's linemates can handle his plays."

agreed. that's one of the main problem.

well he sees the ice on a different level and can make things happen others can't even dream about.

Even if the Bruins are winning the next 3 this Wings team showed some promise for the future just don't bring back some over the hill veterans next year.

Good things to take from this game:

1. Datsyuk is obviously back. Set up Abby and Smith for what should have been easy goals. He is skating well and deking around everyone as usual.

2. Helm was good that game.

3. The series is only 1-1.

4. Smith got Kronwalled.

Bad things:

1. Alfie has apparently given up on hockey and is playing like a pewee.

2. Howard was inconsistent at best.

3. The powerplay is awful.

4. The refs aren't going to protect the Wings from dirty ass hits, and the Wings have no one who will stand up to them.

NBC has great love for the Nutcracker and all things Boston Goon related. I take back what I said earlier about out-smarting and out-playing them. The Wings are going to have to figure out how to out-goon them, somehow.

You mean bring back Dmitri Mironov to take slappers at their chests and Marian Hossa to give them the Berard treatment? I don't think it's necessary.

Everybody should have expected the Bruins to come out hard today, and their shenanigans shouldn't have surprised anyone.

Howard's giveaway just set the tone for the B's to dominate, and the quick second goal after a complete defensive breakdown just added fuel to their fire. The fourth goal was also weak, IMHO. Howard still made some great saves, but they lost this game in the first. The anemic PP compounded the issue.

Nobody should have expected the Wings to cone out of Boston up 2-0. Few people beforehand would have given them a shot at the split. If the PP actually converts in the 1st or 2nd it's a completely different game. I'll take the split.

Regroup and come out for game three focused and ready to play. The Sunday afternoon on NbC malaise has been evident all season. It's a best of 5 now.

They are not that good,nor we're that bad as some claims.Rask was the difference with the timely saves tonight,unlike Jimmy, unfortunately

I dunno that Rask was much of a difference. Wings got shots but only 2 or 3 good chances all game. Boston was getting chances all game. Rask had any easy afternoon.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

The reffing is what it is, but its a shame that it seems like off ice complaining impacts calls. I think the league wanted more pps today to give bos every chance to tie the series. Every other organization is corrupt, why let a big money making machine off the hook?

I still think this game had more to do with no pressure in the ozone, no speed tonight.

I dunno that Rask was much of a difference. Wings got shots but only 2 or 3 good chances all game. Boston was getting chances all game. Rask had any easy afternoon. Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Yeah but if could stop Lučić on a 3rd goal,I'd bet we'd watch OT now.Don't get me wrong,that goal was on our D,but that's the timely save I've been talking about.

Franzen needs to start playing or be bought out. He is not worth the cap hit for the 25 games a season he shows up for. The rest he brings nothing to the team. He can't live off the playoffs anymore as he now has just as many bad ones as he has good.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

The reffing is what it is, but its a shame that it seems like off ice complaining impacts calls. I think the league wanted more pps today to give bos every chance to tie the series. Every other organization is corrupt, why let a big money making machine off the hook?

I still think this game had more to do with no pressure in the ozone, no speed tonight.

Just came back from dinner with my family. What were the reasons ? Were the Bruins that much better ?
Bruins played like a must win. Wings played like they were just happy going home with a split.Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk
The reffing is what it is, but its a shame that it seems like off ice complaining impacts calls. I think the league wanted more pps today to give bos every chance to tie the series. Every other organization is corrupt, why let a big money making machine off the hook?I still think this game had more to do with no pressure in the ozone, no speed tonight.
Boston also got the wings into the after the whistle stuff. Once you saw that you could tell the wings weren't on today.Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

In my opinion, you take that entire game and throw it out the window. We played terrible.

Like someone stated before this series will be dictated on how the games are played. The Bruins have no fear of taking liberties to take us off our game because even if we get a pp it builds momentum for them.

Go back to the drawing board because if we can't figure out how to turn our PP into at least some sort of momentum let alone a goal. This series is over pretty quick. Our zone entry today was the worst I have seen in a long time. We didn't just have one bad PP but 4 giving Boston the momentum.

So leave that game in the dude it was a terrible performance at every end of the rink. Use the home ground to get the legs moving and out work them down low.

Goalie pat,

I agree. Im not putting it on the reffing per se, but there is no consistency. We have to score on our chances, and we gave to bebfaster. We wont win playing like boston plays. Howard better be on top of his game tuesday.

Just a bad game that's all. Wings will be fine. This series is gonna be a one game win, next game loss, one game win next game lost kinda series, till it goes seven winner take all. Does Howard need to be better? Yes. I think alot of it is holiday, wanna spend it with family kinda mentality. Boston was at home to be with family, Wings on the road without family. Boston isn't stupid, they knew they had to gain some life back and even the series. Now the Wings will take it back again. Its gonna be a long battle not a sweep. Boston isn't scary, well only when the Wings give them goals. We Will Be Fine.

Two postgame thoughts:

The other team is allowed to improve. There's no point sighing about how game 2 was different from game 1. Assuming Boston wouldn't be able to come up with a better effort in game 2 just isn't realistic.

Howard didn't have a very good game, but the loss wasn't all on him -- or even mostly on him. If he had allowed 2 goals in each of the first two games, on the road against the #1 seed, he'd have a better GAA, and would have demonstrated consistency on the road, and the wings would be down 2-zip.

If you score 2 goals in 2 games on the road against the 1-seed, and you go back home with a split, that's kind of incredible. Credit to Howard for stealing one.

Now, it's up to the rest of the team to figure out how to win a game *without* needing Howard to steal it.

This is a really tough series for our young guys. They may have won the Calder Cup but the physicality the Bruins are bringing is on another level. Dekeyser, Smith, Nyquist, Tatar, Kindl, even Sheahan look a bit rattled. Jurco actually looks good though.

1st goal was a bit of a backbreaker. In the middle of trying to hold off a great Bruins start you can't give them one for free. We were still in it though, even after 2-0. But when our PP got chance after chance with barely registering a shot on goal it killed our momentum and the Bruins took advantage.

We're still in a good position. Need to find some ways to break through offensively because we can't trust our defense and Howard to play as perfectly as they did in Game 1. Time to go with what got us here: Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco.

My biggest conceen is where are the vets on this team?

Hey, Franzen leads the team in assists in this series.

In all seriousness, the vets you refer to are for the most part too old to contribute. Bertuzzi, Sammy and Cleary are not playing, and shouldn't be. Alfredsson is like 41 years old and has gotten worse as the season has gone on. Someone mentioned earlier today that he looks like he's hurt. If so, that explains it.

Franzen's goal scoring has tailed off over the last month plus. I'm not surprised he's struggling this season. He wasn't going to get any better at 34, or play any harder than in the past. He's not a leader because he's too lazy.

Kronwall is the one I'm most disappointed with. He needs to play with a chip on his shoulder after his abysmal offensive output in last year's playoffs. He had a great chance early in the game, but ended up blowing it. He's a much better player than the guys I mentioned above, and I expect him to step up at home.

The other vets are Datsyuk and Zetterberg. Datsyuk has looked good, but is neutered with bad linemates (thanks Kenny). Zetterberg is a big question mark. I hope he can play in this series, because I don't see us winning without him.

Franzen needs to start playing or be bought out. He is not worth the cap hit for the 25 games a season he shows up for. The rest he brings nothing to the team. He can't live off the playoffs anymore as he now has just as many bad ones as he has good. Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

He's standing in diametrical opposition to all the good things about our team that Babs has been talking up. Old, slow, soft on the puck, seemingly half-interested, faltering when he's supposed to be hands-down one of our better players and key leaders. My only question is if he's playing through something. We all know he's the streakiest player in the world, but, IMHO, this is really bad even by his standards.

I'd rather try to trade him, though. His recapture penalty wouldn't be nearly as bad as people think. Maybe the Oilers or Panthers would be interested.

It really does suck that we drew the Bruins. We had a really rough game today, but I feel like we've been good enough to rock any Eastern playoff team not named the Bruins. Then again, we seem to struggle at the slightest whiff of comfort, complacency.