• Please log in to reply
891 replies to this topic

#21 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,388 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:17 AM

Sunday afternoon game against a pissed off bear this will be a very wild game. I think the Bruins take that one so the Wings are heading home with a split not ba.d

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

<< Win it for Mr. Hockey !

#22 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:45 AM

Sunday afternoon game against a pissed off bear this will be a very wild game. I think the Bruins take that one so the Wings are heading home with a split not ba.d

Important to weather the storm the first 10 min.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#23 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:54 AM

Can they win? Absolutely. But the B's are mad, and have some egg on their faces after the Lucic incident. Gonna be hard to take this one, but if they can pull it off it will be HUGE.

LGW!

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#24 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:54 AM

Key game. I expect Boston to dominate most of this one, but as usual all I'm asking for is a full 60 minute effort.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#25 nmuwildcat

nmuwildcat

Jr. Prospect

• 23 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:57 AM

got a feeling edzo and pierre are working this game...

Really hoping my AppleTV and NHL Gamecenter continues to be unaffected by national blackouts. Was able to watch the TSN feed of the Wings first game, and the CBC feed of the Hawks/Blues yesterday. :D

Not using a VPN to get around it either. If I try on the laptop, it says Gamecenter is unavailable, watch on the NBC channels, but my AppleTV has no problems.

Edited by nmuwildcat, 20 April 2014 - 10:58 AM.

#26 Smite

Smite

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:00 AM

Really hoping my AppleTV and NHL Gamecenter continues to be unaffected by national blackouts. Was able to watch the TSN feed of the Wings first game, and the CBC feed of the Hawks/Blues yesterday. :D

Not using a VPN to get around it either. If I try on the laptop, it says Gamecenter is unavailable, watch on the NBC channels, but my AppleTV has no problems.

I will have to check this out on my Roku

"When the cast comes off, I ask my doctor, 'Have I recovered so I can play the violin?' The doctor says, 'But of course you can play the violin.' I say, 'Wow, this is great. Before this injury, I could never play violin at all. I must break the other hand so I can play guitar.'" –Pavel Datsuk on breaking his hand

#27 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,185 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:14 AM

I'm even more pumped for this than I was for Game 1, and I was really pumped for Game 1.

At the very worst, we go back home with a split and home ice advantage. At best? At best, my friends, we have a very happy Easter Sunday indeed. :yahoo:

Franzen, Nyquist, Alfredsson, Tatar, Miller, Legwand - all due.

The last time we shut out a Totes L33t Team in black and gold in the first game of a playoff series? It ended pretty well for us.

Edited by Dabura, 20 April 2014 - 11:19 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#28 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:19 AM

Maybe jesus can rise up and spear lucic in the junk. That would make for a very happy easter. I'm really worried about cheap shots in this game. The bruins were hitting hard last game, and they will for sure be hitting harder today. Combine that with they can't control their emotions, it's a recipe for disaster.

#29 Wings10

Wings10

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:21 AM

Watching the game on TSN..hopefully they use their own announcers and not the NBC feed ughhh..GO WINGS!

#30 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:22 AM

thanks for the stellar GDT, Mike, it's much appreciated!!    Wings will really have to man up for this one (including DeKe)  if they want to prevail. 

Bruins have already shown they are dirty and willing to do whatever they have to, even if they hurt the other team's players... heads on swivels, guys... especially you, Pasha.   They will be trying to take out Pasha, Gus Gus and Jimmy... but I am sure the Wings know this, too.

Out-smart them, out-play them and take them down the right way, Wings. 

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#31 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:32 AM

Watching the game on TSN..hopefully they use their own announcers and not the NBC feed ughhh..GO WINGS!

TSN will definitely be using their own announcers

#32 motorcitykid

motorcitykid

Red Wings DJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:49 AM

Why not steal 2? Play like we did in Game 1, and there's no reason we can't win again. 2-1 Wings, LGW!

This is my thinking. Boston will NOT admit it but there is absolutely NO way they wanna go down 2 games in this series. They ain't winning 4/5 games after that.

I'd love to see the Red Wings with the first goal, and alot more of the same confused looks on the Bruins bench. I saw glimpses of that in Game 1. They looked frustrated and confused. One game a series does not make, but we skate faster, have the better D - right now - the better coach and it's time we start going for the jugular. Babcock will have these guys ready. Only question today is does Pavs net 2 goals or is it Nyquist?

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WINGS!!!!!

There is really only one thing the Bruins know when they are down and frustrated - s*** disturbing. The refs - WITH NO HELP FROM THE NHL OFFICES - need to keep this series fair. The rough stuff and Lucic-type crap will be out big time today - especially if the Bruins go down in the game.

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED. 

#33 gmwatchr

gmwatchr

Draftee

• 8 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:58 AM

Excited for this one, I think I'm going to get to watch it.  LGW!!!

#34 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,526 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:01 PM

@TheBruinsBlog: Thought Marchand & Brendan Smith were going at it a lot in Game 1. Now I know why. Marchand:"I got the inside scoop he doesn't like me."

News flash, Marchy--NO ONE likes you, youf****** gremlin.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

Just look at how he hangs his sunglasses from his banana hammock in that last pic.  This guyf****** rules. --kipwinger

#35 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:02 PM

Sorry about the OP, no idea why it's so small.

Fixed that for you. LGW

#36 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:11 PM

Let's go boys! I see Tatar getting one, kids a beast out there so I hope to he does. Just keep on keeping on!! LGW
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#37 Andrew Hasek 1986

Andrew Hasek 1986

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:28 PM

http://youtu.be/8QJiAK-s5a0?t=1m30s I hope we can do this to the Boston Bruins today. I hate the Bruins! 

Edited by Andrew Hasek 1986, 20 April 2014 - 12:29 PM.

#38 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:28 PM

What happens if the rangers game goes to OT since it is on nbc right before us?

That game will continue running on NBC until it's over. Like someone previously stated it will likely begin on NHL Net, but if you are like me and don't get NHL Network, you are kinda screwed until that game ends. 

Lets hope it doesn't go to OT.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#39 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,525 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:42 PM

That game will continue running on NBC until it's over. Like someone previously stated it will likely begin on NHL Net, but if you are like me and don't get NHL Network, you are kinda screwed until that game ends. 

Lets hope it doesn't go to OT.

Similarly screwed, here.  You know they will pre-empt the Wings if they can... even if it's just to show Pee-air annoying some players after the game.  Good for those of you with options. 

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#40 Jericho613

Jericho613

Give Nothing, Take Everything

• PipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:59 PM

I just wanna say how damn proud I am of this team and what they overcame so far this year. The sky is the limit for these guys. Keep it rolling boys. Go Wings!!!!!!!!!