• Please log in to reply
891 replies to this topic

#761 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,999 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:33 PM

That's an exaggeration.  They've outplayed us overall in this game.  Powerplays and even strength.  

C'mon, GMR. You've spent this whole game exaggerating.

They get a power play, it's almost a guaranteed goal. I like us at even strength, which is where most of the game is (or at least should be) played anyway.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#762 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,226 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:33 PM

This is a PLAYOFF hockey... we are not build for these kind of games!

No, but the Wings don't have to play the Bruins style to compete. Game 1 was a perfect example. The Wings can win this series, but it isn't going to come trying to match the Bruins physicality. There are very few teams in the league (if any) that are going to beat the Bruins at their own game.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#763 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:34 PM

On the bright side Datsyuk has looked really good.

#764 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

So has Holland by not improving this defense over the years.  We've got one defenseman hurt, so that results in a scrub like Lashoff having to be inserted into the lineup. What does that say about our depth?  

Wow why don't you look at the top D prospects around hockey. Several of the Wings in the cupboard are in the top 20
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#765 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,658 posts

The scary thing about Boston.

They've got arguably the best goalie in the league.  Back when we were always finishing first, we never had a goalie win the Vezina or be a big factor for our success. Lots of times, our goalie was the big question mark going into the playoffs.  Boston has no definitive weaknesses.    

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#766 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,203 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:35 PM

Say it with me everyone... SEVEN-GAME-SERIES.

We made the playoffs with two games to spare, the Bruins clinched weeks prior. We are going back home with the series tied 1-1.

If this team has proven anything this season it's that they can step up in big moments and win games they shouldn't win. There was some clutch play out of this same team not weeks ago when it came down to making it this far or not. 

We might win, we might lose, but we made it this far, and we are facing a tied series now. There's zero reason to jump ship at this point if you have stuck it out all year and seasons prior.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#767 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,651 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:35 PM

Wow why don't you look at the top D prospects around hockey. Several of the Wings in the cupboard are in the top 20

Until Holland trades them away for 35-45 year old 4th line grinders. 

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#768 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:36 PM

At least now the wings know what they need to do and have seen boston playing really well and what try are capable of. I still think boston has more proven talent, and i didn't expect to win this sites before it started. But i think we are good enough to beat them, just have to play all out every game to do it.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#769 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Boston has played this game like a must win which it basically was. Wings played it like they were content with a split going home. Plain and simple. Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

#770 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,658 posts

C'mon, GMR. You've spent this whole game exaggerating.

They get a power play, it's almost a guaranteed goal. I like us at even strength, which is where most of the game is (or at least should be) played anyway.

:lol:   Good point.  

But I don't think we're better even strength than a team that won the President's trophy.  They're good for a reason.  The Pens are the team that feeds off powerplays.

#771 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

I figure that Game 1 was a warning game for Boston about what the Wings can do, and Game 2 has been a warning for Detroit. Game 3 might be more even again. Being a Sunday afternoon game pretty much doomed us anyway so its not a surprise. Good thing about being inconsistent is that we know the Wings will be better at some point this season. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#772 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:37 PM

The scary thing about Boston.

They've got arguably the best goalie in the league.  Back when we were always finishing first, we never had a goalie win the Vezina or be a big factor for our success. Lots of times, our goalie was the big question mark going into the playoffs.  Boston has no definitive weaknesses.    

Good lord you have a short memory. Ozzie and Hasek combined for the Jennings trophy the year we won the cup. Howard was our team last year. Hasek was our fn goalie in 2002.

#773 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts

This series is gonna be won on the way the games are played, meaning if it's played like game 1, wings have a great chance of winning, if it's played like today (after the whistle BS, lots of penalties) we will lose. Pp needs serious work tho

#774 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,658 posts

I know, but then why aren't they playing?  And please don't tell me they're not ready, because Lashoff sure as hell isn't.  

#775 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts

No, but the Wings don't have to play the Bruins style to compete. Game 1 was a perfect example. The Wings can win this series, but it isn't going to come trying to match the Bruins physicality. There are very few teams in the league (if any) that are going to beat the Bruins at their own game.

Playoff is best of seven... if you think that we will get better after each period well you might be wrong as it will be even tougher game # 3... we can compete against Boston in one game... but seven game in a row it's different... that's the Playoff hockey
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#776 Hack & Whack Rule!

Hack & Whack Rule!

Goofy Wingnut

• PipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:38 PM

After that first period, I now hate Boston as much as I hate Pittsburgh. I wouldn't even care if some Wings decided to take some two handed swings with their sticks.
Uhh...you might want to duck!

#777 CMatt89

CMatt89

The REAL great one...

• PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:38 PM

Is dekeyser any good? I cant really tell, Seems timid, makes alot of mistakes, gets bullied.

#778 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,658 posts

Posted 20 April 2014 - 04:39 PM

Good lord you have a short memory. Ozzie and Hasek combined for the Jennings trophy the year we won the cup. Howard was our team last year. Hasek was our fn goalie in 2002.

I'm just saying, Rask will win the Vezina and we haven't had that when we were finishing first every year.  Even Hasek didn't win in that year (not saying Rask is better than Hasek).  

#779 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,999 posts

This series is gonna be won on the way the games are played, meaning if it's played like game 1, wings have a great chance of winning, if it's played like today (after the whistle BS, lots of penalties) we will lose. Pp needs serious work tho

I agree. All they have to do (aside from fixing the power play) is say, "Do what we did in Game 1. Don't do what we did in Game 2."

Don't Toews me, bro!

#780 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

I know, but then why aren't they playing?  And please don't tell me they're not ready, because Lashoff sure as hell isn't.  

I would play Sproul right now sparingly and for PP in this series, much in the way Krig was brought in to Boston last year. Oulette would be there now IMO if Marchwnko didn't go down.