• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

ECQF Game 2 GDT : Red Wings 1 at Bruins 4 - Series tied 1-1

Rate this topic

Legwand is doing us no good buried on the bottom pairing. When he has been out there he hasn't been making mistakes, played relatively well defensively and is putting shots on the net. I agree entirely, he's being wasted this game.

Babcock waits forever before making line changes. Don't know what he sees in these line combos that's so good.

The Wings aren't playing well enough to worry about what the refs are doing or not doing.

This game is why beating Boston in this series would be a monumental upset. they have made the Wings look like an AHL team today.

That's a really good point. it doesn't matter if Boston is gooning up all game because even if they got a penalty it wouldn't help us and arguably hurt us for some reason.

This powerplay has been bad since 09. Why the hell hasn't this been fixed yet?

but but but "We like our team"....

Howard is playing like MAF in this game. Makes huge saves and then lets in multiple softies. Need to regroup for the next game. So many offensive guys have been non-existent this game.

Good comparison, imho.

The Wings aren't playing well enough to worry about what the refs are doing or not doing.

This game is why beating Boston in this series would be a monumental upset. they have made the Wings look like an AHL team today.

So has Holland by not improving this defense over the years. We've got one defenseman hurt, so that results in a scrub like Lashoff having to be inserted into the lineup. What does that say about our depth?

So has Holland by not improving this defense over the years. We've got one defenseman hurt, so that results in a scrub like Lashoff having to be inserted into the lineup. What does that say about our depth?

Don't forget our first round draft pick Kyle Quincy.

That's an exaggeration. They've outplayed us overall in this game. Powerplays and even strength.

C'mon, GMR. You've spent this whole game exaggerating.

They get a power play, it's almost a guaranteed goal. I like us at even strength, which is where most of the game is (or at least should be) played anyway.

This is a PLAYOFF hockey... we are not build for these kind of games!

No, but the Wings don't have to play the Bruins style to compete. Game 1 was a perfect example. The Wings can win this series, but it isn't going to come trying to match the Bruins physicality. There are very few teams in the league (if any) that are going to beat the Bruins at their own game.

Wow why don't you look at the top D prospects around hockey. Several of the Wings in the cupboard are in the top 20

The scary thing about Boston.

They've got arguably the best goalie in the league. Back when we were always finishing first, we never had a goalie win the Vezina or be a big factor for our success. Lots of times, our goalie was the big question mark going into the playoffs. Boston has no definitive weaknesses.

Say it with me everyone... SEVEN-GAME-SERIES.

We made the playoffs with two games to spare, the Bruins clinched weeks prior. We are going back home with the series tied 1-1.

If this team has proven anything this season it's that they can step up in big moments and win games they shouldn't win. There was some clutch play out of this same team not weeks ago when it came down to making it this far or not.

We might win, we might lose, but we made it this far, and we are facing a tied series now. There's zero reason to jump ship at this point if you have stuck it out all year and seasons prior.

At least now the wings know what they need to do and have seen boston playing really well and what try are capable of. I still think boston has more proven talent, and i didn't expect to win this sites before it started. But i think we are good enough to beat them, just have to play all out every game to do it.

C'mon, GMR. You've spent this whole game exaggerating.

They get a power play, it's almost a guaranteed goal. I like us at even strength, which is where most of the game is (or at least should be) played anyway.

:lol: Good point.

But I don't think we're better even strength than a team that won the President's trophy. They're good for a reason. The Pens are the team that feeds off powerplays.

I figure that Game 1 was a warning game for Boston about what the Wings can do, and Game 2 has been a warning for Detroit. Game 3 might be more even again. Being a Sunday afternoon game pretty much doomed us anyway so its not a surprise.

Good thing about being inconsistent is that we know the Wings will be better at some point this season.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

The scary thing about Boston.

They've got arguably the best goalie in the league. Back when we were always finishing first, we never had a goalie win the Vezina or be a big factor for our success. Lots of times, our goalie was the big question mark going into the playoffs. Boston has no definitive weaknesses.

Good lord you have a short memory. Ozzie and Hasek combined for the Jennings trophy the year we won the cup. Howard was our team last year. Hasek was our fn goalie in 2002.

This series is gonna be won on the way the games are played, meaning if it's played like game 1, wings have a great chance of winning, if it's played like today (after the whistle BS, lots of penalties) we will lose. Pp needs serious work tho

Wow why don't you look at the top D prospects around hockey. Several of the Wings in the cupboard are in the top 20

I know, but then why aren't they playing? And please don't tell me they're not ready, because Lashoff sure as hell isn't.

No, but the Wings don't have to play the Bruins style to compete. Game 1 was a perfect example. The Wings can win this series, but it isn't going to come trying to match the Bruins physicality. There are very few teams in the league (if any) that are going to beat the Bruins at their own game.

Playoff is best of seven... if you think that we will get better after each period well you might be wrong as it will be even tougher game # 3... we can compete against Boston in one game... but seven game in a row it's different... that's the Playoff hockey