• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings7

Lines/Lineup changes for Game 3 (Home game 1)?

Rate this topic

Abdelkader - Datsyuk - Alfredsson

Nyquist - Legwand - Franzen

Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco

Miller - Helm - Glendening

I like this but because Legwand moves up, I don't like it because Helm is on the 4th line, I think if Bert comes in and Sheahan comes out Helm moves up to the 3rd or take Jurco out and put Sheahan on the wing with Tats and Helm and put Bert with Glen and Miller. I guess what I'm saying is anyway we can get Legwand and Helm some more ice I would be all for it .

I like this but because Legwand moves up, I don't like it because Helm is on the 4th line, I think if Bert comes in and Sheahan comes out Helm moves up to the 3rd or take Jurco out and put Sheahan on the wing with Tats and Helm and put Bert with Glen and Miller. I guess what I'm saying is anyway we can get Legwand and Helm some more ice I would be all for it .

If the Wings use that line as a shut-down line, Helm would see a lot of TOI.

Why the hell would we dress Bert??? The guy is slow and washed up! Hell while we are at it let's get Sammy and Cleary back in the lineup!!!

Excellent ideas. We will have an assassin, a warrior, and a slow ogre. Perfect. We won't win any games, but hey you know...

Lets be real here, Bertuzzi is the worst player on our roster and hopefully never sees any ice time again

Any line he plays on will instantly be turning over the puck and getting scored on

also:

Kindl REALLY needs to go. I find myself yelling at the tv everytime hes on the ice

I really don't see how either sproul or ouellet wouldnt be an upgrade as its impossible to be softer than he is

Edited by WingsallTheway

I get where some of you are coming from with Bertuzzi. The thing I like about Bert is he isn't afraid to get hit and make a play to get the puck out of the zone. Alfie, I hate to say, appears to be scared and will not always get the puck out. Alfie just looks like he is done.

Anderson offers more size then Glendening. I think we need that size. But if only one move is made, than I'd say Bert for Alfie.

Andersson plays like he's 5'9" 165. Adding him to try to add anything physical is like throwing a few hundred fleas into your bed to make it more comfortable. Glendening is one of the few guys they have who doesn't seem to care about how big and mean Boston is, taking him out makes zero sense. I think they should roll with what they had, but if anyone is pulled, it should really be one of the kids. They looked lost.

Abdelkader - Datsyuk - Alfredsson

Franzen - Legwand - Nyquist

Jurco - Sheahan - Tatar

Cleary - Helm - McIntyre

Who the hell is McIntyre? And Cleary? Really? Are you just seeing if people are paying attention or something?

Edited by DickieDunn

I don't think you change a damn thing. I think Babcock needs to remind the boys that Game 1 went our way and if we play our game, Game 3 could go the same way. Don't rock the boat. Don't make costly mistakes. Play Game 1 again.

Well if we are talking about speed, the kids have that. I think Bert brings more punch than Alfie. Saying you don't like Bert but do like Alfie to me makes no sense. Alfie looks done.

Edited by wings7

Boggles my mind that Kindl is continuously relied on. I see him out there more than Kronwall it seems. I agree with others that bringing up a black ace wouldn't be any worse necessarily. Even if they got pressured easily by Boston it would be a lateral move.

Legwand on the fourth line again tonight huh? Mike Babcock ladies and gentleman. Only coach in the league to bury a 50 point player on the fourth line while his team struggles for offense.

Best coach in the league.

Yeah it is a weird decision, especially since Franzen and Nyquist have struggled too. Put that line back together and give Pav some other options. .

Legwand on the fourth line again tonight huh? Mike Babcock ladies and gentleman. Only coach in the league to bury a 50 point player on the fourth line while his team struggles for offense.

Best coach in the league.

Yes, becuase Legwand has shown so many flashes of brilliance on the PP in games 1 and 2, that only an insane coach would keep him off the top two lines where he would surely dominate. Obviously Babcock doesn't want to win this series.

And also because the only goal that was scored Sunday was by the 4th line , Legwand's line. Except Helm was out there in place of Legwand who had just come off a PP.

Is there a 5th line we can put him on? :lol:

Yes, becuase Legwand has shown so many flashes of brilliance on the PP in games 1 and 2, that only an insane coach would keep him off the top two lines where he would surely dominate. Obviously Babcock doesn't want to win this series.

And also because the only goal that was scored Sunday was by the 4th line , Legwand's line. Except Helm was out there in place of Legwand who had just come off a PP.

Is there a 5th line we can put him on? :lol:

Considering we've got zero powerplay points in the entire series I'd say your argument is moot. If you want to banish Legwand to the "5th line" for not scoring on the PP, make room for Datsyuk, Nyquist, Tatar, Kronwall, Franzen, and the rest of our top players right there with him.

But clearly you think it's better to have a guy who scored more points this season than anyone on our team averaging 14 minutes a game in the post season. If you think it's smart I'm not going to argue with you. But it's no secret that since Babs shuffled the lines the offense that played so well down the stretch to get us into the playoffs has disappeared in the post season.

Edited by kipwinger