Photo
- - - - -

Lines/Lineup changes for Game 3 (Home game 1)?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#21 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:37 AM

I've liked Bert over the years as much as anyone.. but I'd rather see alfie in and the wings just play their game. Last change at home.should help but we can't let Boston trick us into playing their style of hockey.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#22 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,097 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:58 AM

There is no reason to want Bertuzzi in. He's not physical, he doesn't actually help on the power play, and you know he's a couple stupid penalties waiting to happen. We need goals, Alfredsson is a goal-scorer. He hasn't scored, but neither has anyone else.

Glendening is fine. He has one more goal than Nyquist, Tatar, Sheahan, Jurco, Franzen, Alfredsson, Helm, Legwand combined..

Don't Toews me, bro!

#23 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:09 AM

I don't think any changes need to be made unless they play bad tomorrow night. Last change will help a lot in terms of generating offense. 

#24 wings7

wings7

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 10:40 AM

I get where some of you are coming from with Bertuzzi. The thing I like about Bert is he isn't afraid to get hit and make a play to get the puck out of the zone. Alfie, I hate to say, appears to be scared and will not always get the puck out. Alfie just looks like he is done. 

Anderson offers more size then Glendening. I think we need that size. But if only one move is made, than I'd say Bert for Alfie.

#25 PavelValerievichDatsyuk

PavelValerievichDatsyuk

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:02 AM

I get where some of you are coming from with Bertuzzi. The thing I like about Bert is he isn't afraid to get hit and make a play to get the puck out of the zone. Alfie, I hate to say, appears to be scared and will not always get the puck out. Alfie just looks like he is done. 

Anderson offers more size then Glendening. I think we need that size. But if only one move is made, than I'd say Bert for Alfie.

I disagree. There is physical size and the way you play. Glendening plays like a much bigger player. Our problem was getting to the front of the net and winning battles along the boards. That is Glendening's game. Keep him in

#26 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,062 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:47 AM

Abdelkader - Datsyuk - Alfredsson
Nyquist - Legwand - Franzen
Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco
Miller - Helm - Glendening

These make so much sense, why can't Babs just answer the fans call? :lol:

#NOMOREKINDL

#27 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 01:52 PM

Wonder why Jurco practiced today, wonder if he sits tomorrow?

Edited by wingedominance13, 21 April 2014 - 01:55 PM.

#28 puckbags

puckbags

The Future

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts
  • Location:Cobble Hill, BC, Canada ( 2,522 Miles from the Joe)

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:11 PM

Nyquist - Legwand - Franzen
Tatar - Sheahan - Jurco
Miller - Helm - Glendening

I like this but because Legwand moves up, I don't like it because Helm is on the 4th line, I think if Bert comes in and Sheahan comes out Helm moves up to the 3rd or take Jurco out and put Sheahan on the wing with Tats and Helm and put Bert with Glen and Miller.  I guess what I'm saying is anyway we can get Legwand and Helm some more ice I would be all for it .

"Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Refuses to Work Hard"

#29 WorkingOvertime

WorkingOvertime

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:15 PM

I like this but because Legwand moves up, I don't like it because Helm is on the 4th line, I think if Bert comes in and Sheahan comes out Helm moves up to the 3rd or take Jurco out and put Sheahan on the wing with Tats and Helm and put Bert with Glen and Miller.  I guess what I'm saying is anyway we can get Legwand and Helm some more ice I would be all for it .

If the Wings use that line as a shut-down line, Helm would see a lot of TOI.

#30 matt198913

matt198913

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:42 PM

Im more interested in why Lashoff practiced. We know E isn't ready yet but what about Oulette or Sproul to bolster the PP
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#31 loutswings

loutswings

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:05 PM

Why the hell would we dress Bert??? The guy is slow and washed up! Hell while we are at it let's get Sammy and Cleary back in the lineup!!!

#32 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,576 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:09 PM

Why the hell would we dress Bert??? The guy is slow and washed up! Hell while we are at it let's get Sammy and Cleary back in the lineup!!!

Excellent ideas. We will have an assassin, a warrior, and a slow ogre. Perfect. We won't win any games, but hey you know...

#33 loutswings

loutswings

Rookie

• Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

Dressing a guy because he's big is not smart. I do agree with some changes but Grandpa Bert??? Really that's the answer to our problems????

#34 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,582 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:36 PM

Aside from giving Oullet or Sproul a shot, I'd rather juggle the lines than change the actual lineup.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#35 marcaractac

marcaractac

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 06:42 PM

The Wings only chance to win this series is with speed and not playing into the scrappy bulls***. Andersson and Bert are not the answer.

#36 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:39 PM

Lets be real here, Bertuzzi is the worst player on our roster and hopefully never sees any ice time again

Any line he plays on will instantly be turning over the puck and getting scored on

also:

Kindl REALLY needs to go. I find myself yelling at the tv everytime hes on the ice 

I really don't see how either sproul or ouellet wouldnt be an upgrade as its impossible to be softer than he is 

Edited by WingsallTheway, 21 April 2014 - 07:42 PM.

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing. The goalie then gives up, and flops like a fish. The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#37 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,852 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 07:52 PM

Franzen - Legwand - Nyquist

Jurco - Sheahan - Tatar

Cleary - Helm - McIntyre

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#38 DickieDunn

DickieDunn

http://redwingsandotherthings.wordpress.com/

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:03 PM

Andersson plays like he's 5'9" 165.  Adding him to try to add anything physical is like throwing a few hundred fleas into your bed to make it more comfortable.  Glendening is one of the few guys they have who doesn't seem to care about how big and mean Boston is, taking him out makes zero sense.  I think they should roll with what they had, but if anyone is pulled, it should really be one of the kids.  They looked lost.

Franzen - Legwand - Nyquist

Jurco - Sheahan - Tatar

Cleary - Helm - McIntyre

Who the hell is McIntyre?  And Cleary?  Really?  Are you just seeing if people are paying attention or something?

Edited by DickieDunn, 21 April 2014 - 08:05 PM.

Oh this young man has had a very trying rookie season, with the litigation, the notoriety, his subsequent deportation to Canada and that country's refusal to accept him, well, I guess that's more than most 21-year-olds can handle... Ogie Ogilthorpe!

#39 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 08:38 PM

I don't think you change a damn thing.  I think Babcock needs to remind the boys that Game 1 went our way and if we play our game,  Game 3 could go the same way.  Don't rock the boat.  Don't make costly mistakes. Play Game 1 again.

(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#40 wings7

wings7

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 09:55 PM

Well if we are talking about speed, the kids have that. I think Bert brings more punch than Alfie. Saying you don't like Bert but do like Alfie to me makes no sense. Alfie looks done.

Edited by wings7, 21 April 2014 - 09:55 PM.