Photo
- - - - -

Lines/Lineup changes for Game 3 (Home game 1)?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 krsmith17

krsmith17

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:07 AM

Tatar - Datsyuk - Jurco

Nyquist - Franzen - Alfredsson

Sheahan - Legwand - Helm

Miller - Glendenning - Abdelkader

Kronwall - Kindl

DeKeyser - Smith

Quincey - Lashoff

Edited by krsmith17, 22 April 2014 - 07:08 AM.

#42 Euro_Twins

Euro_Twins

Healthy Scratch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,578 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 07:14 AM

Well if we are talking about speed, the kids have that. I think Bert brings more punch than Alfie. Saying you don't like Bert but do like Alfie to me makes no sense. Alfie looks done.

He's still better than bertuzzi

#43 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,584 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 10:35 AM

Boggles my mind that Kindl is continuously relied on. I see him out there more than Kronwall it seems. I agree with others that bringing up a black ace wouldn't be any worse necessarily. Even if they got pressured easily by Boston it would be a lateral move.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#44 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:51 PM

Legwand on the fourth line again tonight huh?  Mike Babcock ladies and gentleman.  Only coach in the league to bury a 50 point player on the fourth line while his team struggles for offense. 

Best coach in the league.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#45 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,062 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 01:55 PM

Legwand on the fourth line again tonight huh?  Mike Babcock ladies and gentleman.  Only coach in the league to bury a 50 point player on the fourth line while his team struggles for offense. 

Yeah it is a weird decision, especially since Franzen and Nyquist have struggled too. Put that line back together and give Pav some other options. .

#NOMOREKINDL

#46 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,183 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:02 PM

Yes, becuase Legwand has shown so many flashes of brilliance on the PP in games 1 and 2, that only an insane coach would keep him off the top two lines where he would surely dominate. Obviously Babcock doesn't want to win this series.

And also because the only goal that was scored Sunday was by the 4th line , Legwand's line. Except Helm was out there in place of Legwand who had just come off a PP.

Is there a 5th line we can put him on? :lol:

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#47 kipwinger

kipwinger

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts

Posted 22 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

Yes, becuase Legwand has shown so many flashes of brilliance on the PP in games 1 and 2, that only an insane coach would keep him off the top two lines where he would surely dominate. Obviously Babcock doesn't want to win this series.

And also because the only goal that was scored Sunday was by the 4th line , Legwand's line. Except Helm was out there in place of Legwand who had just come off a PP.

Is there a 5th line we can put him on? :lol:

Considering we've got zero powerplay points in the entire series I'd say your argument is moot.  If you want to banish Legwand to the "5th line" for not scoring on the PP, make room for Datsyuk, Nyquist, Tatar, Kronwall, Franzen, and the rest of our top players right there with him. 

But clearly you think it's better to have a guy who scored more points this season than anyone on our team averaging 14 minutes a game in the post season.  If you think it's smart I'm not going to argue with you.  But it's no secret that since Babs shuffled the lines the offense that played so well down the stretch to get us into the playoffs has disappeared in the post season. 

Edited by kipwinger, 22 April 2014 - 02:13 PM.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."