• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FlashyG

ADQF | Game 3 | Boston 3 @ Detroit 0, BOS leads series 2-1

Rate this topic

Fair or not, Howard has to stand on his head just to give us a chance in this series. We knew that going in, and nothing's changed. He can't let in softies. Can't happen. That we're not generating offense just hammers the point home. Time for him to earn his big fat contract.

True that. Its not as fat as some top tier goalies out there though. If he was making Pekka Rinne money or Luongo money, I would agree. Heck, Carey price is making more as well. He is more paid like the middle of the goaltending pack for starting goalies.

What about something drastic, then? Split Kindl and Lashoff up. I'd say Lashoff is the more reliable of the two, so what about something like:

Kronwall-Smith

Dekeyser-Lashoff

Quincey-Kindl

And then Babcock just keeps Kindl off the ice as much as possible?

All I see is Kindl when he is out there. It seems like he is ALWAYS out there. Just making mistakes everywhere. I agree it would be better to split them up but that 3rd pairing still sucks badly.

At least Dano's 50 year old knees would be skating as best he can, competing and being physical. That's the sad part. And really I'd take Dano or Bert over Andersson.

I think from 2011 playoffs until now, Cleary has more points than Franzen.

And that includes this playoffs when Cleary hasn't even been in the lineup.

I would agree - but if howard doesn't deflate the building with that softie to start the game we might be playing much better. We were okay before that happened.

We're on the same page, then. I think? I'm saying Howard has to save that. He has to be a wall for us, like he was in the first game. He can't be anything less than phenomenal.

Maybe we could find a third option if he stopped s***ting the bed in the first proud of every damn game.

If that's really true, then blow up the team and start over with guys with some heart.

Or, the other possibility . . . the Wings just aren't ready for primetime.

If St. Louis could trade Halak (who is a very good goalie and from the limited watching of St.Louis, a sold goalie) for Miller, Howard could easily be traded if the right available player came up. I'd at least listen. I don't consider anyone on this roster untouchable any more.

Edited by AtomicPunk