• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nawein

Griffins playoff watch

Rate this topic

Though it might be good to see how our future stars fare in this years playoffs. Won it all last year and looking to repeat. I'm not entirely sure on who all could go back down if the wings lose (Jurco+Shehan?), or who all would come up if the griffs lose to be our black aces.

Either way should be fun to keep an eye on them. First game is 4/24 10 pm EST in Abbotsford. Go Griffs!

All games got pushed back, moved to tomorrow.

Edited by nawein

Griffs win a 2ot thriller tonight! Sproul with the winner and Mrazek made 55 saves in the 2-1 victory. Backman also scored with assists from Athanasiou and Nestrasil. Paestch and Nastasuik had the helpers on Sprouls goal.

Anyone seeing the standard of the officiating in this series. If I thought the NHL refs were poor, the AHL is a joke. Seen Abbotsford get away with boarding, checks from behind, spearing, cross checking, but no calls from the refs. On the back of Almquist getting injured from a disgraceful boarding hit no-where near the puck earlier in the series.

Also the griffs aren't really pushing as much as they need to, but have totally outshot the heat, and are losing game 4 after falling 2-1 in game three.

I was at the game last night and it was awesome to see the Griffins wake up from their slumber. I watched the games in Texas and the Griffins were beaten soundly in the first two games. Last night the Griffins played with purpose and it showed. We are going to see just how good Blashill's coaching is the next two games. The Griffins have the talent to dig out of this hole for sure.