• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

FireCaptain

THN: Top 10 free agent flops - 2013/4 edition

Rate this topic

WE'RE #2! WE'RE #2!

Wait.... that's a bad thing, isn't it.

At least not taking Damien back was a good move..

10. Damian Brunner, Devils, two years, $5 million. Some devout Red Wings fans were sad to see Brunner depart the organization after a rookie NHL campaign that included 12 goals and 26 points in 44 games last season. They were less sad after watching him score just 11 times in 60 games this year while averaging only 13:32 of ice time.
2. Stephen Weiss, Red Wings, five years, $24.5 million. Weiss was a four-time 20-goal-scorer with the Panthers when he left Florida for Detroit. Unfortunately for him and his new team, the 31-year-old struggled with a groin injury all season long and finished the 2013-14 campaign with just two goals and four points in 26 games. In part because Weiss was so undependable, Red Wings GM Ken Holland had to make a deal for former Predators pivot David Legwand at the trade deadline. With four years left on his contract, Weiss is stuck in the Motor City and may face a drastically reduced role if Holland chooses to bring Legwand back.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/clarkson-weiss-among-nhls-biggest-free-agent-flops/

I forget we even signed Weiss ALL THE TIME. And when I do remember, the next thought that comes into my head is "Uwe Krupp."

I'm not saying it's the same situation, but the longer this injury drags on, the more it really starts to feel like it. How many times did we hear this year that he was "really close" only to have another setback? Hopefully he gets everything straightened out and comes back and makes the most of all of this rest he's had next year. It's certainly possible, if not probable. It's hard to believe we could get that unlucky on a signing twice.

Knock on wood...

I forget we even signed Weiss ALL THE TIME. And when I do remember, the next thought that comes into my head is "Uwe Krupp."

I'm not saying it's the same situation, but the longer this injury drags on, the more it really starts to feel like it. How many times did we hear this year that he was "really close" only to have another setback? Hopefully he gets everything straightened out and comes back and makes the most of all of this rest he's had next year. It's certainly possible, if not probable. It's hard to believe we could get that unlucky on a signing twice.

Knock on wood...

I never really gave a s*** about the Illitch’s money.

The Weiss signing could be way worse than the Krupp signing because: cap.

I just can't believe that Weiss will be injured forever. It's been so long he's got to recover. I'm not willing to give up on him yet. His cap hit hasn't hurt us yet, since we had so many injuries this year, and expect good things from him next year.

I can't wait for a healthy roster next year.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I just can't believe that Weiss will be injured forever. It's been so long he's got to recover. I'm not willing to give up on him yet. His cap hit hasn't hurt us yet, since we had so many injuries this year, and expect good things from him next year. I can't wait for a healthy roster next year. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

I've been waiting for 5 years, bud.

Guest Playmaker

I have a hard time getting angry at teams that did the "cap circumvention" type contracts. It still stuns me that the owners agreed to the change that left the teams on the hook should the player retire early.