• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
OnkSauce

Least Favorite Wings Players

Rate this topic

I don't blame any of the players as much as I blame Holland and Babcock.

Responsibility should start at the top and it's the main reason why our defense sucks, or we don't have enough grit, scoring wingers, etc. Those two have been carrying a mediocre squad around for a few years now.

I don't generally "dislike" any Red Wings players, just get frustrated with some at different points.

At this juncture, I have to say my biggest frustration comes from Kindl.

His re-signing last summer was a panic move gambling on the hope that he continued to play like he did for a chunk of a shortened season. Last summer was the last time he was eligible for RFA status, and he should've been given a one year deal to show that he could keep playing like last season. That way, they could've discussed a long term lockup if he stayed in the top 4, or let him walk as a UFA if he back tracked (like he's done this season).

Now, he's back at being a #6/7 guy, while Quincey has seemed to finally carve out a spot as a #4/5 guy. If the tides were turned and Kindl was a UFA this summer, they could retain Quincey and add a good RH PP QB, or also let Quincey walk and get a solid defensive Dman as well. Instead the Red Wings really have one opening to improve on the blueline and will still have Kindl and Smith as question marks and the #4 spot potentially remaining a revolving door.

Kindl's contract probably also makes him hard to move, or get a decent return for. What would you give up for Dman under contract for 3 more years with a $2.4 cap hit that lost his job to Brian Lashoff when everyone was healthy?

The thing I'll say about Mule, is he may still not be right after the concussion, that may be tough for some folks to swallow, but he may still be recovering.

Your right about that, he does have a history of head problems. Look at 2008. I just don't think the Wings should invest any more time in him. Trade him, buy him out, whatever just wash your hands of him.

Edited by Jericho613

Guest Playmaker

The thing I'll say about Mule, is he may still not be right after the concussion, that may be tough for some folks to swallow, but he may still be recovering.

He's had a concussion since 2010? I mean, I WANT to defend Franzen and I have on numerous occasions. But at some point, enough excuses. Sure, everyone goes through hot and cold stretches. But not to the extreme that he does. There have been far too many stretches like this for it to be blamed on injuries. If he is hurt, sit him out. He's of no benefit to the team whatsoever.

Glendening. I'm sure he's a great kid, but he produces zero offense. I don't understand the love affair Babs has with him, for a team that is offense starved the last few years, why bring on a guy that produces nothing? He's in the top 5 of least producing Wing forwards we've EVER had, I think top 3 actually. So what if he brings his lunch pail to work every day... he just doesn't produce anything while at work. Most companies fire you for that.

Hes on this team because every line has a role. Glendenning fits the shutdown center role EXTREMELY well

Dats is now able to play against other team's 2,3,4 line because glendenning is somehow capable of shutting down other teams top centers.

Not every player needs to provide offence, especially a 4th liner

As per the thread:

I despise Quincey Kindl Bertuzzi and right now Franzen

mule - lazy, super talented but just too dang lazy.

kindl - easily our worst defender. craps his pants every time he touches the puck. soft. gets scored on a lot. oullett, march, and sproul could step in right now and be better than him.

miller - easily replaceable. terrible at offense, its just time for him to go.

holland - gets boned on trades, doesnt do a whole lot right these days.

Hes on this team because every line has a role. Glendenning fits the shutdown center role EXTREMELY well

Dats is now able to play against other team's 2,3,4 line because glendenning is somehow capable of shutting down other teams top centers.

Not every player needs to provide offence, especially a 4th liner

As per the thread:

I despise Quincey Kindl Bertuzzi and right now Franzen

This.

His job is to be a shut-down center. But since the complaint is that he doesn't score... well he's currently tied for the team lead in goals in these playoffs :)

The "speedy" Matthieu Danenault. Never liked him and after hearing him bash playoff beards as being something lame from the 80's, I liked him even less.

Bernie Federko and Tony McKegney. Wasn't their fault the Wings traded Oates for them, but still ...

Keith "Wet Butt" Primeau and his Mickey Mouse figurine collection.

Edited by Internet.Unknown

I will forever and always detest Brett Hull, but I'm pretty sure I already made a thread about that. Can't stand the f*****. Hate that he was ever a Red Wing. Don't care that he helped us win a cup. *flips off Brett Hull*

Currently? Meh. Last Wing I couldn't stand was Hudler.

Sammy, Bert, Cleary - Don't really "hate" but I just think they aren't needed and waste roster space

Kindl - god I hate his play lately. I just cringe every time he plays the puck. Any pass over distance has a 75% chance of being icing. Can't hold the line. Gets pp time without doing much, beaten physically despite having good size, avoids being hit at all costs.

Quincey - replaced by Kindl as my top. He has been decent lately but at his cap hit I don't like him much. Don't like him playing over kids in the future.

Lashoff - Considering he wasn't predicted to be a big player for us it is hard to dislike him much.

Cleary. Not so much him (Ok yes him), but the people who brought him back this year, then let him take the spot of a better more productive player, then played him at all this year, then wasted our best player with him, then waited waaaay too long to realize he's not worth it.

Could you imagine if he had signed that rumored 3 year deal?? Seriously, close your eyes and imagine Cleary on this team for 2 more years!! What were they thinking?? Who in their right mind thought that would be a good idea??

Edited by roboturner

May I ask:

Why?

Rational answer? There is none.

Irrational answer? Because he's a giant ******* ****** nozzle and I could never ******* stand him. I raged so hard when the Wings signed him. He talked so much s*** about the Wings when he played elsewhere, then just...waltzed right over to win a cup. f*** him.

Really no one I have hated since we, thankfully, never had Backes, Pronger, Crosby, Malkin, Toews, Subban, etc, etc.

I am very frustrated with having the likes of Sammy and Clearly being brought back and the on going justifications for it.

In older times, I was never huge on Osgood, but you can't take away what he was a part of in Detroit or what he accomplished.

And the only thing worse than knowing Federko wore the Red Wing is having to listen to his horrendous commentary during Blues games. The most homer of homers and illogical at that! The TV crew for the Blues is just bad. Their radio, however, is one of the best in the league.