• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
OnkSauce

Least Favorite Wings Players

Rate this topic

Want to start out by saying this isn't saying that I necessarily dislike our guys, there's just some I prefer less than others.

Mine is Bertuzzi. He's been a healthy scratch lately and it's easy to see why. He's old and he just plays slow which doesn't really fit with the team.

There's going to be a lot of repeats and that's fine, just state your reasoning.

I don't necessarily dislike anyone, our guys have their own roles and most are pretty good at them problem is our top 6 is a lot of the same typ of players and Abby doesn't belong in the top 6. If I had to pick though it would be kindl and lashoff they just can't seem to do anything right offensively and rarely anything good defensively

I like everyone who is currently in the lineup except kindl and lashoff. Sproul looked so much better than them in the one game he played. I kind of hope Babcock will take a gamble and play an unproven defenseman like Sproul or Oulette

I like everyone who is currently in the lineup except kindl and lashoff. Sproul looked so much better than them in the one game he played. I kind of hope Babcock will take a gamble and play an unproven defenseman like Sproul or Oulette

Ouellet has been recalled and is practicing with the team. Could be in for game 4

Franzen - he's extremely lazy. I like guys that compete every shift. When he's not on a "hot streak" he's basically invisible and not engaged at all.

Cleary - hammer hands hunting logos from the side boards and falling down is depressing. Thank god he hasn't played in a long time.

KFQ - despite his mild turnaround in being less stupid consistently, he still has too many poor defensive lapses and every time he shoots, it's way wide or is a lame not even half speed shot that usually eats shin pads.

Kindl - see Quincey with a side of oversized wussy. His stretch passes are terrible, or they're icing and he assassinates more shinpads than KFQ.

Sammy is irrelevant at this point.

Franzen -- nothing worse than watching a player who could do more lazily skate around and say scoring goals isn't his priority.

He doesn't even deserve the playoff performer fallback excuse anymore either. Hasn't done s*** in the playoffs for four years now. So sick of watching this bum have fun for a handful of games and then disappear the rest of a season.

if a guy lacks talent, that isn't on him. You can only use what God gave you. But when you have a player that is full of talent and only shows up 15 games per year, that drives me crazy. So yes: Franzen. I wish Holland had the ba11s to buy him out. he is a bad influence on the young guys. Give me guys with some heart and fire in their bellies.

Glendening. I'm sure he's a great kid, but he produces zero offense. I don't understand the love affair Babs has with him, for a team that is offense starved the last few years, why bring on a guy that produces nothing? He's in the top 5 of least producing Wing forwards we've EVER had, I think top 3 actually. So what if he brings his lunch pail to work every day... he just doesn't produce anything while at work. Most companies fire you for that.

I rarely actively dislike any of our guys. It takes a lot to make me really not like someone. But of guys we have now that are actually playing, the guy who irritates me the most, who I think I'd love to see shipped out at this point, it's not surprisingly Mr. Franzen. I'd give him a lot more benefit of the doubt if he didn't say so many stupid things to top off his lazy, colossally inconsistent play. He could be so much better than he is, but he just doesn't seem to be able to consistently put forth the work ethic. That he is largely the reason Holland passed on Hossa does him no favors either...

Edited by gcom007

Mikael Samuelsson, Jason Williams, and now Johan Franzen.

Franzen has 8 points and 1 goal in the last 21 games. This is including the crunch-time regular season stretch where we needed our team firing on all cylinders to make it into the playoffs and then the playoffs themselves. This man is a fraud. I'm sorry, but that doesn't cut it for the 3rd highest paid (albeit healthy) forward on the team who happens to also be signed for the next 6 years.

I'm glad that I, like many others here, will have the opportunity to stay frustrated at our least favorite Red Wing (barring some miracle that he's bought out or traded) for more than the next half a decade. Cheers.

Franzen. Hate him, have since day one. My buddies ragged on me in 2008 when I kept saying he wasn't that good, now they agree with me. Man I wish we signed Hossa instead. At this point I just want Franzen gone, don't care just get rid of him.