• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:29 AM

Uh, oh. I'd rather he replace Kindl/Lashoff.

http://www.mlive.com...et_skating.html

Edited by Nevermind, 23 April 2014 - 12:32 PM.

#2 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,010 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 11:41 AM

Uh, oh. I'd rather he replace Kindl/Lashoff.

http://www.mlive.com...et_skating.html

EDIT: Can someone fix my spelling of Ouellet in the thread title haha

Could just be maintenance. Or, from what I understand, Kronner Jr (Jrette?) will be Kronwalling his way into the world any minute now.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#3 Richdg

Richdg

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:09 PM

Getting Ouellet and Sproul a game each in the PO's would be a good idea. Let them both get a feel of what top level hockey is all about. Then they both would know what they need to work on as they develop.

#4 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:13 PM

Getting Ouellet and Sproul a game each in the PO's would be a good idea. Let them both get a feel of what top level hockey is all about. Then they both would know what they need to work on as they develop.

This. Plus it actually helps our team as both are better than kindl and lashoff

#5 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:15 PM

If Kronwall is out, we're done.  Hopefully he's just resting and Oullet is up to replace Kindl or Lashoff.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#6 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:23 PM

If Kronwall is out, we're done.  Hopefully he's just resting and Oullet is up to replace Kindl or Lashoff.

Kronwall is playing his wife went into labour. I hope oullet is up to play not just for practice. Wish sproul was up too

#7 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,010 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:26 PM

@asktheduffer: #redwings Kronwall and Datsyuk both missed practice because wives are having babies.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#8 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:27 PM

Sit Kindl- play Ouellet. That will be my motto throughout the playoffs. 

Edited by wings87, 23 April 2014 - 12:28 PM.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#9 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:27 PM

Kronwall is playing his wife went into labour. I hope oullet is up to play not just for practice. Wish sproul was up too

Good, good good.  Players always seem to have kids this time of year, haha.  Guess they get busy in the off-season doldrums.  

This is encouraging for us if Babcock is willing to make a change. Oullet literally couldn't be any worse.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#10 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:35 PM

I think it's a babymama, not wife.

Edited by Playmaker, 23 April 2014 - 12:35 PM.

#11 Nevermind

Nevermind

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:36 PM

@asktheduffer: #redwings Kronwall and Datsyuk both missed practice because wives are having babies.

Not that I really care about player's personal lives, but I'm curious...is Datsyuk re-married?

I don't think Kronwall has a wife. 

I think it's a babymama, not wife.

Ansar Khan said girlfriend.

#12 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:36 PM

Not that I really care about player's personal lives, but I'm curious...is Datsyuk re-married?

Ya I was curious about that as well.

#13 Playmaker

Playmaker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,189 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:40 PM

Ya I was curious about that as well.

Seems like he got married as stealthly as he got divorced.  

Another daughter for Pav.  Congrats.

Edited by Playmaker, 23 April 2014 - 12:46 PM.

#14 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,456 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:44 PM

they need to stop reproducing and produce in the playoff games.  :lol:

Seriously, best wishes to all, and this explains a lot that a couple of our remaining top players seem to have no idea what they're doing out there at times.

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#15 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:32 PM

Doesn't sound like Ouellet will be playing. 

NHL.com

The Red Wings also recalled defenseman Xavier Ouellet from Grand Rapids of the American Hockey League and he practiced on a pairing with Brendan Smith. Ouellet, 20, made his NHL debut this season, playing in four games.

Babcock also said Ouellet's inclusion was simply to give a rest to veteran defenseman Niklas Kronwall, whose wife is expecting a baby soon.

but on other news this made me excited...

nhl.com

Detroit Red Wings forward Henrik Zetterberg practiced in full with the team Wednesday and said afterward he will talk to team doctors before deciding about a possible return to the lineup.

not getting my hopes up for either playing tomorrow though.

#16 nyqvististhefuture

nyqvististhefuture

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:27 PM

For the love of god I wish they'd do what I suggested last night ... Sit kindl and lashoff and play sproul ouellet .... We lose we lose but I think our d would look so much better with them even if there young

Ouellet reminds a bit of vlasic he's smart and does all the right things and sproul has a rocket of a shot and has the size

#17 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,096 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 02:38 PM

For the love of god I wish they'd do what I suggested last night ... Sit kindl and lashoff and play sproul ouellet .... We lose we lose but I think our d would look so much better with them even if there young

Ouellet reminds a bit of vlasic he's smart and does all the right things and sproul has a rocket of a shot and has the size

I've said this multiple times. This is not just to add offense, cause those to are getting severely exposed in their own end. Someone in the GDT last night said that it feels like kindl and lashoff are out there all the time, it's because they are. They get hemmed in their own zone resulting in really long shifts

#18 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 03:05 PM

Mods should change the title before some fans have heart attacks.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#19 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:32 PM

Im not surprised by this, IMO dats and kronwall had one of their worst game ever lastnight

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing.  The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#20 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:57 PM

I've said this multiple times. This is not just to add offense, cause those to are getting severely exposed in their own end. Someone in the GDT last night said that it feels like kindl and lashoff are out there all the time, it's because they are. They get hemmed in their own zone resulting in really long shifts

yeah, that was me lol 

I cant stand that pairing it gives me fits

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing.  The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.