• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Nevermind

Ouellet recalled; Kronwall not skating

Rate this topic

Uh, oh. I'd rather he replace Kindl/Lashoff.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/04/rookie_xavier_ouellet_skating.html

EDIT: Can someone fix my spelling of Ouellet in the thread title haha

Could just be maintenance. Or, from what I understand, Kronner Jr (Jrette?) will be Kronwalling his way into the world any minute now.

Getting Ouellet and Sproul a game each in the PO's would be a good idea. Let them both get a feel of what top level hockey is all about. Then they both would know what they need to work on as they develop.

Getting Ouellet and Sproul a game each in the PO's would be a good idea. Let them both get a feel of what top level hockey is all about. Then they both would know what they need to work on as they develop.

This. Plus it actually helps our team as both are better than kindl and lashoff

Kronwall is playing his wife went into labour. I hope oullet is up to play not just for practice. Wish sproul was up too

Good, good good. Players always seem to have kids this time of year, haha. Guess they get busy in the off-season doldrums.

This is encouraging for us if Babcock is willing to make a change. Oullet literally couldn't be any worse.

Guest Playmaker

Kronwall is playing his wife went into labour. I hope oullet is up to play not just for practice. Wish sproul was up too

I think it's a babymama, not wife.

Edited by Playmaker

@asktheduffer: #redwings Kronwall and Datsyuk both missed practice because wives are having babies.

Not that I really care about player's personal lives, but I'm curious...is Datsyuk re-married?

I don't think Kronwall has a wife.

I think it's a babymama, not wife.

Ansar Khan said girlfriend.

Guest Playmaker

Ya I was curious about that as well.

Seems like he got married as stealthly as he got divorced.

Another daughter for Pav. Congrats.

Edited by Playmaker

Doesn't sound like Ouellet will be playing.

NHL.com

The Red Wings also recalled defenseman Xavier Ouellet from Grand Rapids of the American Hockey League and he practiced on a pairing with Brendan Smith. Ouellet, 20, made his NHL debut this season, playing in four games.

Babcock also said Ouellet's inclusion was simply to give a rest to veteran defenseman Niklas Kronwall, whose wife is expecting a baby soon.

but on other news this made me excited...

nhl.com

Detroit Red Wings forward Henrik Zetterberg practiced in full with the team Wednesday and said afterward he will talk to team doctors before deciding about a possible return to the lineup.

not getting my hopes up for either playing tomorrow though.

For the love of god I wish they'd do what I suggested last night ... Sit kindl and lashoff and play sproul ouellet .... We lose we lose but I think our d would look so much better with them even if there young

Ouellet reminds a bit of vlasic he's smart and does all the right things and sproul has a rocket of a shot and has the size

For the love of god I wish they'd do what I suggested last night ... Sit kindl and lashoff and play sproul ouellet .... We lose we lose but I think our d would look so much better with them even if there young

Ouellet reminds a bit of vlasic he's smart and does all the right things and sproul has a rocket of a shot and has the size

I've said this multiple times. This is not just to add offense, cause those to are getting severely exposed in their own end. Someone in the GDT last night said that it feels like kindl and lashoff are out there all the time, it's because they are. They get hemmed in their own zone resulting in really long shifts

I've said this multiple times. This is not just to add offense, cause those to are getting severely exposed in their own end. Someone in the GDT last night said that it feels like kindl and lashoff are out there all the time, it's because they are. They get hemmed in their own zone resulting in really long shifts

yeah, that was me lol

I cant stand that pairing it gives me fits

Guest Playmaker

NHL.com's Dan Rosen...

"I have to feel ready to play. Today was a good step in practicing," Zetterberg said. "We're still saying round two, but we all know we gained a couple of days. I can't really say anything now. I'm just happy I had my first real skate and now we'll see how I feel in the morning."

Zetterberg skated on a line with Todd Bertuzzi and Justin Abdelkader in practice, according to Detroit coach Mike Babcock.
Forward Pavel Datsyuk was absent, tending to his wife, Svetlana, who recently gave birth to a baby girl.

Isn't she the ex-wife? Recently meaning today? Geez reporting sure is shoddy these days. I get not wanting your personal life out there, and no one is obligated to discuss their personal life, but I don't get the not saying if you're married, single or what not. What's the big secret?