Photo
- - - - -

Do you want Jonas Gustavsson re-signed?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you want Gustavsson re-signed?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Do you want the Wings to re-sign Jonas Gustavsson?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:31 AM

I think so too even Babcock admitted that he gave them a chance in game 4 and 5. I would be very happy for him if he would end up as a great starter somewhere and also with re-signing him so basically a win-win :-)

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#62 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:00 AM

i want monster resigned one year but he could easily get a chance at a starting job elsewhere

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#63 4everwingsfan919

4everwingsfan919

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:27 AM

Over the years we have all seen how Ken Holland works. If Monster wants to stay for one more year, they will resign him. As long as they can call up Mrazek to get him some NHL time. Cause they would rather leave Mrazek in the AHL as long as they can. Personally I say give the kid a chance. Sometimes growing pains hurt, but sometime they pay off.

#64 wingedominance13

wingedominance13

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:38 AM

It is one of those choices that looks minimal but could drastically hinder this team if injuries occur. I personally think Mrazek is a stud and is ready for the big leagues, but promoting him without signing a back up could be the wrong move. What if Howard and Mrazek both get hurt at the same time? Then the wings have absolutely no experience in net. Who would start and be backup? Curoue (sp?) and Patterson? Both haven't played basically at all in the minors. I think Mrazek should be and is ready to be promoted, but the safer decision for the team would be to sign a back up. 

#65 DSM

DSM

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:26 PM

It is one of those choices that looks minimal but could drastically hinder this team if injuries occur. I personally think Mrazek is a stud and is ready for the big leagues, but promoting him without signing a back up could be the wrong move. What if Howard and Mrazek both get hurt at the same time? Then the wings have absolutely no experience in net. Who would start and be backup? Curoue (sp?) and Patterson? Both haven't played basically at all in the minors. I think Mrazek should be and is ready to be promoted, but the safer decision for the team would be to sign a back up. 

I would think in that situation, they would bring in someone with experience as #3 on the depth chart. They've done it in the past with guys like Joey MacDonald, Adam Berkhoel and Marc LaMothe.

I've got to think that Mrazek will get one more year in GR. I'm sure he's ready, and like some have said probably doesn't have much left to prove at the AHL level. However, another big year in GR can probably only make him that much more confident with his game. Plus, with a small NHL sample size on his resume, it'll keep him cheap when his entry level deal expires (like they got with Nyquist). I worry that if he comes up to the NHL next season and has a big year, his value will go way up and may entice teams to send him outrageous offer sheets.

Back to Gustavsson. Even after his strong play against Boston, I still think the team can do better for a one year backup.

Gustavsson missed more time with injuries this season than most of the goalies available this summer as UFA's did combined (not including Vokoun and Khabibulin obviously)...

#66 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,988 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:31 PM

Whoever they sign, it has to be one year and one year only.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#67 RedFlag85

RedFlag85

Rookie

• Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:50 PM

If he'll accept a one year deal, yes.