• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

ECQF - Game 4 - Bruins 3 at Red Wings 2 (F/OT)

Rate this topic

Well, it was a lot better showing than Game 3. That's just a better team.

Would have been nice to have seen how the game would have gone if Chara hadn't gotten that call with his giant dive, though.

Also would have been nice if another goal had not been scored by Douchic, who is moving up and up on my least favorite players list.

Also would be nice to not have to put up with playing one of the worst D pairings in the league seemingly over and over again - it somehow seems to me like they are never off the ice.

I'm pissed that the chara dive changes the entire complex of the game... We didn't play well from that play on... If Babcock does anything right he calls out how much of a joke the league is becoming and takes the fine...

On another note... We went to sleep and we got what we deserves... Nyquist played way over his head this season and people need to understand it's going to take time for him to be a legit NHLer. Either way changes will be made by necessity.

Im glad i don't have to complain about the goalie tonight. If only howard didn't singlehandedly give momentum to bos in games 2 and 3...

Put gus in for game 5

How quickly you forget that the only reason the Wings had momentum was his play in the 1st game. Gus played well but this game should have been 5-2 had Boston hit open nets.

I love the optimism. But the Wings haven't competed with Boston the last three games for more than one single period. And somehow they will win three straight? We don't have anymore tricks up our sleeve. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Yup, if the Wings were competing more, I would have more hope. They played a really exciting first period, but gave up after that.

I hope the Wings do the improbable, I'll still be cheering them on, but the reality of the situation is that we're done.

I'll probably skip the next game, because it just hasn't been that much fun to watch.

No complaining. They played hard, they hit, they didn't get pushed around, they scored a PP goal, they were Boston's equal for the most part tonight but the hockey gods just weren't handing out the luck for us tonight.

Only one thing to do, play harder in game 5

Brutal. We just did not have enough gas in the 3rd and OT. Couple that with two deflections and a bonehead defensive play by Datsyuk and it just wasn't enough for a team as good as Boston.

Gus did a great job all things considered and didn't give up any bad goals; he helped us get started and made a huge save in the second that lead to our second goal. And to think, he likely had no idea he was playing when he woke up this morning.

Zetterberg looked better than I think anyone expected, so that's another positive. But we're down 3-1 now. That bulls*** call on Bert in the 2nd stings a lot more now though. I'm not going to blame the refs for the loss because we clearly got outplayed as the game went on, but it really goes to show you how one bad call can change the face of a game because we were still in pretty good shape up until that point.

Call me crazy, but I still don't think we're out of this series. We're not as far behind this team as it may seem. Again, two goals were crazy deflections and the other goal was just a totally botched defensive play by Nyquist. Otherwise it's a 2-2 series. We have to come out and be even better in the next game, and I think we will be. One game at a time.

The wings were controlling play in game 2 until howard happened.

And they were controlling play tonight, too. The idea that Boston only came back because someone else gave them life -- I'm sorry, but it doesn't look very bright after a game like this.

Monster stood tall, but if Marchand can aim, this is 4-2 in regulation. Maybe 5-2 with an ENG.

Are you kidding me man? Gustavsson played a great game. Wow, I can't believe that.

This game could have been a blowout if it wasn't for the post and marchand's nose blocking his view. Sure he made a couple big saves. Hardly a great game. A lucky game is a better way to put it.