Photo
- - - - -

ECQF - Game 4 - Bruins 3 at Red Wings 2 (F/OT)

• Please log in to reply
932 replies to this topic

#21 NyquistianDeke

NyquistianDeke

Rookie

• Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:40 AM

Khan reporting lines are

Z-Dats-Abby

Gus-Helm-Franzen

Bert-Sheahan-Tatar

Legwand-Glendening-Miller

Not sure I like taking Jurco out although I wanted to see Bertuzzi. Also still feel we are under using Legwand

#22 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:41 AM

The addition of bertuzzi is the worst coaching decision ive seen in awhile

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing.  The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#23 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:44 AM

Taking jurco out for Bert is a huge mistake. So happy z is in tho

#24 NyquistianDeke

NyquistianDeke

Rookie

• Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:45 AM

I don't think playing Bertuzzi is bad. I just don't think it should be in place of Jurco

#25 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:45 AM

Because Anderson is such a better option at this point...

Did you watch last game?

#26 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,898 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:46 AM

Bert????

wut da f*** ?

Did you watch last game?

Dude. Bert's in for Jurco. Andersson is scratched as well.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#27 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,024 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:48 AM

I actually don't mind Bertuzzi being back in, he isn't fleet of foot but the Wings haven't exactly been using their superior speed the last 2 games... I think it's borderline retarded that Mike is sticking Legwand on the 4th line. We gave up a highly thought of prospect and a 2nd round pick for this guy and you're sticking him with Miller and Glendening????????

#NOMOREKINDL

#28 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:49 AM

I would be happy if it was the same lines just jurco in for Bert. But who knows maybe bert will play like a man possessed due to this being his last kick at the can

#29 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:51 AM

Did you watch last game?

Where did I say andersson is good? The guy is a plug as well

Jurco is what we need as we struggle to score goals, not a slow,defensively liable, useless turnover machine prone to taking penalties against the best PP in the league..... the guy brings down whatever line he plays on

Edited by WingsallTheway, 24 April 2014 - 09:52 AM.

wingsalltheway.jpg

Pavel datsyuk is the best player in the world because he snatches the puck from unsuspecting players and  follows it up by the simultaneous undressing of the defence pairing.  The end result is a calm skate back to his bench  where he can bask in the praise of his multiple girlfriends from the motherland.

#30 greenrebellion

greenrebellion

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:54 AM

Where did I say andersson is good? The guy is a plug as well

Jurco is what we need as we struggle to score goals, not a slow,defensively liable, useless turnover machine prone to taking penalties against the best PP in the league..... the guy brings down whatever line he plays on

That line has done nothing in this series. Mixing it up by giving bert a shot for one game wont matter and most likely boosts ourpower play a bit.

#31 WingsallTheway

WingsallTheway

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 09:59 AM

That line has done nothing in this series. Mixing it up by giving bert a shot for one game wont matter and most likely boosts ourpower play a bit.

The only thing i have against that line is they have the tendency to make bad rookie decisions and turn the puck over.

add bertuzzi?

wingsalltheway.jpg

#32 Wheelchairsuperhero

Wheelchairsuperhero

Wizard

• PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:02 AM

For f***'s sake. I'm a Bert fan but come on. "We need to not play into their game and use our speed" by putting in molasses incarnate? Bert isn't our PP woes answer, especially if we count on him for those give and go entries.

#33 NyquistianDeke

NyquistianDeke

Rookie

• Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:06 AM

Zetterberg playing is not yet official. He has not been officially cleared by doctors

#34 drumnj

drumnj

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 755 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:17 AM

Did Babcock forget that in the playoffs there are no shootouts

Got FSD setup with all it's glory.  Plan to have pre and post game coverage along with Wingspan and 24/7.  Youtube page: RedWingsLive1

Red Wings and Griffins Live Games Check my profile
Always looking for people to help with the site, be it coding (PHP & JS) or design work. PM me if you'd be interested.

Cleary on, Mike!
Cleary on, Ken!
Dan's World, Dan's World... Mediocrity!... Excellent!

#35 wings87

wings87

Wake Up!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:18 AM

Zetterberg playing is not yet official. He has not been officially cleared by doctors

Z almost officially cleared, will play. 

http://www.mlive.com...berg_to_be.html

With limited minutes, Babs needs to use him strategically. On the PP full time, and pick your spots; during the game. We will win this game.

Edited by wings87, 24 April 2014 - 10:34 AM.

"He usually shows up when the game is over and tries to be the hero. Puts his cape on and goes and flies out there." ~ Franzen 

#36 ash11

ash11

Rookie

• Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:19 AM

with z their should be a calming in the locker room. also maybe the inseration of bert on the kid line will have them more relaxed as guys wont run us.

edit: as much

Edited by ash11, 24 April 2014 - 10:21 AM.

#37 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,898 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:23 AM

Z officially cleared, will play. 

Not true (with updates):

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 20m

Wings said Zetterberg on way to see doctor. Will be game-time decision.

Helene St. James @HeleneStJames 13m

Perception within Red Wings locker room is that Henrik Zetterberg is playing tonight. Not official.

"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#38 ash11

ash11

Rookie

• Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:26 AM

another thing is that i love helm with gus! to bad they dont have alffy on that line=( but ive wanted helm with gus all this time.  and just maybe itl get franzen to move his ass a little bit more

khan tweeted that alffy should be back saturday feeling much better then he did!. 

#39 NyquistianDeke

NyquistianDeke

Rookie

• Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:26 AM

Z officially cleared, will play. 

With limited minutes, Babs needs to use him strategically. On the PP full time, and pick your spots; during the game. We will win this game.

In the very article you quote it says there is no confirmation from the Wings.  Babcock just said a few minutes ago its a game time decision.. It seems very certain he will play. But there is no official word

#40 DannyD

DannyD

Rookie

• Pip
  • 163 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:31 AM

I have seen nothing official at all stating that Z will in fact be in. All of the twitter folks are saying it's a game time decision and that he is on his way to see the doctors. Even the link wings87 posted says "There has been no confirmation yet from the Red Wings about Zetterberg's status." 

If we are in fact getting Z back tonight, it should be huge for everyone's confidence. We'll probably have to double shift Nyquist and Tatar a few times to limit his minutes but just having him back on the ice should settle everyone down. Reinforcements are coming and we can still win this thing.

Also I'm ok with Bert being in. Jurco hasn't done much of anything so far in the playoffs. It might do him some good to sit in the press box and watch. Of course if Z can't go then Jurco would still be in.

Bummed that Ouellet isn't in for Kindl or Lashoff though.