• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

ECQF - Game 4 - Bruins 3 at Red Wings 2 (F/OT)

Rate this topic

I actually don't mind Bertuzzi being back in, he isn't fleet of foot but the Wings haven't exactly been using their superior speed the last 2 games... I think it's borderline retarded that Mike is sticking Legwand on the 4th line. We gave up a highly thought of prospect and a 2nd round pick for this guy and you're sticking him with Miller and Glendening????????

Because Anderson is such a better option at this point...

Did you watch last game?

Where did I say andersson is good? The guy is a plug as well

Jurco is what we need as we struggle to score goals, not a slow,defensively liable, useless turnover machine prone to taking penalties against the best PP in the league..... the guy brings down whatever line he plays on

Edited by WingsallTheway

Jurco is what we need as we struggle to score goals, not a slow,defensively liable, useless turnover machine prone to taking penalties against the best PP in the league..... the guy brings down whatever line he plays on

That line has done nothing in this series. Mixing it up by giving bert a shot for one game wont matter and most likely boosts ourpower play a bit.

That line has done nothing in this series. Mixing it up by giving bert a shot for one game wont matter and most likely boosts ourpower play a bit.

The only thing i have against that line is they have the tendency to make bad rookie decisions and turn the puck over.

add bertuzzi?

Zetterberg playing is not yet official. He has not been officially cleared by doctors

Z almost officially cleared, will play.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/04/report_henrik_zetterberg_to_be.html

With limited minutes, Babs needs to use him strategically. On the PP full time, and pick your spots; during the game. We will win this game.

Edited by wings87

with z their should be a calming in the locker room. also maybe the inseration of bert on the kid line will have them more relaxed as guys wont run us.

edit: as much

Edited by ash11

Not true (with updates):

Ansar Khan @AnsarKhanMLive 20m

Wings said Zetterberg on way to see doctor. Will be game-time decision.

Helene St. James @HeleneStJames 13m

Perception within Red Wings locker room is that Henrik Zetterberg is playing tonight. Not official.

another thing is that i love helm with gus! to bad they dont have alffy on that line=( but ive wanted helm with gus all this time. and just maybe itl get franzen to move his ass a little bit more

khan tweeted that alffy should be back saturday feeling much better then he did!.

Z officially cleared, will play.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2014/04/report_henrik_zetterberg_to_be.html

With limited minutes, Babs needs to use him strategically. On the PP full time, and pick your spots; during the game. We will win this game.

In the very article you quote it says there is no confirmation from the Wings. Babcock just said a few minutes ago its a game time decision.. It seems very certain he will play. But there is no official word

I have seen nothing official at all stating that Z will in fact be in. All of the twitter folks are saying it's a game time decision and that he is on his way to see the doctors. Even the link wings87 posted says "There has been no confirmation yet from the Red Wings about Zetterberg's status."

If we are in fact getting Z back tonight, it should be huge for everyone's confidence. We'll probably have to double shift Nyquist and Tatar a few times to limit his minutes but just having him back on the ice should settle everyone down. Reinforcements are coming and we can still win this thing.

Also I'm ok with Bert being in. Jurco hasn't done much of anything so far in the playoffs. It might do him some good to sit in the press box and watch. Of course if Z can't go then Jurco would still be in.

Bummed that Ouellet isn't in for Kindl or Lashoff though.

Bertuzzi replacing Jurco will help reduce rookie panic which was a problem last game.

Plus, Bertuzzi can hang on to the puck. Yes, we need speed but we also need someone who can control a play and not move too fast for It.

I think his stickhandling and strength could help the the third line.

I hope.

I'd to think Hank is smart enough not to risk his long term health to come back and that Babs will use him accordingly. He obviously will provide an emotional boost, and hopefully Bert rattles the crap out of Marchand/Lucic.

I'm sorry, didn't know we weren't outscored 7-1 in the last 2 games. Your absolutely right, let's leave Jurco in there because he's so effective right now...