• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MabusIncarnate

ECQF - Game 4 - Bruins 3 at Red Wings 2 (F/OT)

Rate this topic

Peter Laviolette is a coach who has been to two Finals with two different teams and won a Cup. He is looking for a fresh start. He will command respect from his players because of his background.

Time for a fresh change. For Babcock too. He should go to a Cup contender that's looking to get over the hurdle.

Is it just me or does every team in the playoffs look far superior for playoff hockey then we do?

We're a small team playing the Bruins, so yeah, it makes sense for it to look that way. What if we played the Wild? We'd probably be laughing at them and wondering why they didn't finish 24th.

Kindl/Lashoff pair worst in history. The amount of bad decisions and icings these two boneheads make are unreal on every shift. Can't stand them.

Yeah, you won't win a cup with that pairing.

We're a small team playing the Bruins, so yeah, it makes sense for it to look that way. What if we played the Wild? We'd probably be laughing at them and wondering why they didn't finish 24th.

Wild are playing pretty sick hockey right now so I don't know about your statement. Also once Red Wings are knocked out, I'll be pulling for the Wild.

Guest fat guy in a maltby jersey

nyquist and tatar have been absolutely useless.

Be happy he did so well for us tonight, because many goalies would've floundered in the same circumstance and he stood tall and truly played a great game. He battled hard and did everything you could ask of him. Again, two goals against off of crazy deflections and the second goal wouldn't have happened if Nyquist covered his man through the play. You couldn't ask for much better from a backup, especially on such short notice. Clearly, Tampa Bay, Detroit is not, at least in the backup goaltending department.

As much as Nyquist built on his strengths this season, his shortcomings haven't changed.

I think Babcock is guilty of coaching for the individual. He's so busy managing egos and delicate psyches they he sometimes makes bizarre decisions. Like Glendening taking crucial face-offs, or his coddling of other players. Which is fine sometimes. But in a crucial playoff game, screw building confidence and go with what will win.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Boston's D is the difference. Kept us to the wings on almost every shot after the 1st. Our defense (especially Kindl/Lashoff/Quincey) watched instead of skating, couldn't win battles and made horrible 1st passes. That's the difference in the series.

Peter Laviolette is a coach who has been to two Finals with two different teams and won a Cup. He is looking for a fresh start. He will command respect from his players because of his background.

Time for a fresh change. For Babcock too. He should go to a Cup contender that's looking to get over the hurdle.

I think Babs is an Excellent coach who sometimes often makes too many 'gut decisions'.

I REALLY hope Laviolette is available to become the next Wings coach whenever that is, but would he really want to board a sinking ship with an aloof captain?

I think Babcock is guilty of coaching for the individual. He's so busy managing egos and delicate psyches they he sometimes makes bizarre decisions. Like Glendening taking crucial face-offs, or his coddling of other players. Which is fine sometimes. But in a crucial playoff game, screw building confidence and go with what will win. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, he plays Don Kelly too much

I think Babs is an Excellent coach who sometimes often makes too many 'gut decisions'.

I REALLY hope Laviolette is available to become the next Wings coach whenever that is, but would he really want to board a sinking ship with an aloof captain?

Yes. Of course. No coach in their right ******* mind would want to come here and play for Holland. Why would anyone want to do that? No one resects the Wings organization and their lack of repeated success. All the good coaches want to go to model franchises like Toronto and Vancouver.

First 30 minutes: spectacular.

Last 40 minutes: embarrassing.

Are they just extremely poorly conditioned or did Julien out-coach Babcock in the second half? A lot of both, I think. A team that can't play a full game will never succeed, but at least it was halfway better than Games 2 & 3.

Edited by MPT