Photo
- - - - -

ECQF - Game 4 - Bruins 3 at Red Wings 2 (F/OT)

• Please log in to reply
932 replies to this topic

#721 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,562 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:13 PM

Well we got to see a relatively healthy Wings team this series. And they weren't nearly as good as we thought they'd be. Big changes this off season. Series is over. I've never seen the Wings so roundly outplayed in a series. Even the sweeps were more competitive. Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#722 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,832 posts

Nyquist has been a complete non factor every time he touches the puck it goes back to boston

Vanilla midget.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#723 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

If only the Wings had someone with offensive talent in Abs spot this game would have been over in the first minute of overtime.

#724 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:14 PM

Everything hurts.

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#725 MTU_Huskies963

MTU_Huskies963

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Can not turn the puck over like that on a long pass, can't go for the homerun stretch pass every chance in OT. It's as good as a turn over.

#726 SimonSin

SimonSin

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 497 posts

They're CLEARLY just the better team. This game should have never gone to OT anyway. I can't believe Marchand missed those open nets.

#727 BigWinston

BigWinston

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 210 posts

Lucky f***s.

#728 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,281 posts

Not over. One game at a time.

#729 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,185 posts

I hope Franzen gets bought out. 1 goal down the stretch

#730 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,229 posts

This is pretty much playing out like a team that made the playoffs by 2 games against the presidents trophy winners. 

Monster in relief was impressive, there was zero control over the OT goal, you can't stop a double deflection like that. We had our chances, and didn't capitalize. 3 straight or done.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#731 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,060 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:15 PM

Exactly like the Nashville series, split on the road, s*** the bed at home. Now granted this effort was the best of the series, and Z was a warrior out there, but he had no help. Nyquist is scared to death out there, Franzen is floating, Babs has Legwand wasting away with Glendening and Miller. Nothing going our way, the kind of bounce Boston gets in OT is when the hockey gods tell ya it's not your year.

#NOMOREKINDL

#732 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

The Bertuzzi line saw way to much time in OT. I know you like to say you want to run four lines but when you need that next goal that s*** line shouldnt be touching the ice unless another gets stuck in long shifts.

#733 Aznknight

Aznknight

Rookie

• Pip
  • 198 posts

The team is just not good enough.
Alfie not in
Big E not in
Weiss could have been atleast a small factor is not in

They played really well but will not last a series against a team like Boston. The wings is still built for the West. Thet may have been up in the series if they were in the West.

Franzen needs to go. I get sooooooo frustrated watching him. It's like he's playing a preseason game. He has no backcheck and he gives the puck away too much.

#734 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Im glad i don't have to complain about the goalie tonight. If only howard didn't singlehandedly give momentum to bos in games 2 and 3...

Put gus in for game 5
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#735 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,095 posts

Learn how to keep a lead, you f****** bums.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#736 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,832 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:16 PM

For some reason, teams like Dallas and Columbus are doing pretty good against the higher seeds.  We don't have less talent than those squads.  

We just don't have a team that believes in its coach and the attitude in the organization isn't correct.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#737 BottleOfSmoke

BottleOfSmoke

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

I was so stupid

I thought we had this one

LGWsig_zpsa75c5d1e.jpg

#738 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,712 posts

If only the Wings had someone with offensive talent in Abs spot this game would have been over in the first minute of overtime.

Someone like Vanek who could have been gotten with a late round pick? Naaaah.

Instead we give up more for a 4th line center. 

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#739 gowings00

gowings00

No Talent Goon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,827 posts

There was no attempt to win this game after we scored the 2nd goal. Babcock failed the team in OT by trying to change every time we had the puck. However, if Holland would have upgraded Kindl or Lashoff we probably wouldn't have turned the puck over 151 times tonight on the 1st pass in the neutral zone.

#740 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

It was bound to end that way. The 4th line was awful all night and Babs played the hell out of them.

The Wings can hang with the Bruins in spurts, but overall they are just the superior team. It's a shame the Red Wings from the first period disappeared over the course of the game.

The Wings are always a defensive miscue waiting to happen and the Bruins are good enough to take advantage. That's not ideal in a series where you are struggling to score goals anyways. The kids are overmatched and Franzen/Legwand bring absolutely nothing to the table.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."