Photo
- - - - -

ECQF - Game 4 - Bruins 3 at Red Wings 2 (F/OT)

• Please log in to reply
932 replies to this topic

#741 Andy Pred 48

Andy Pred 48

Coming soon,"the slovak line" Marek and 2 Toms!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,885 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:16 PM

crappy way to lose, puck got deflected twice before it hit DeK leg and went in. 

At the end of the day up 2 zip in front of your home fans should have ground it out.

Sat, either we get blown away by 3 or 4 goals or the Bruins think they only gotta 

turn up and we catch them cold. 

"What are you guys doing?" Reggie Dunlop
"Putting on the foil coach" Jeff Hanson
"Yeah, every game, you want some coach?" Steve Hanson
"Er, no. No thanks guys." Reggie Dunlop
"Make sure they don't leave the bench!" Reggie Dunlop.

#742 Phil Lesh

Phil Lesh

Silver apples in the sun.

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

Thisf****** sucks. Good effort tonight and still nothing to show for it. I wish someone would paralyze Lucic and Marchand.

#743 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Exactly like the Nashville series, split on the road, s*** the bed at home. Now granted this effort was the best of the series, and Z was a warrior out there, but he had no help. Nyquist is scared to death out there, Franzen is floating, Babs has Legwand wasting away with Glendening and Miller. Nothing going our way, the kind of bounce Boston gets in OT is when the hockey gods tell ya it's not your year.

Right there. Id sit him next game. Boston is a heck of a lot more physical at home and Id rather have him back next year with a working back over playing against Boston with only  a slim chance of moving on.

#744 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Not over. One game at a time.

I love the optimism. But the Wings haven't competed with Boston the last three games for more than one single period.

And somehow they will win three straight? We don't have anymore tricks up our sleeve.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#745 Alextricity

Alextricity

Jr. Prospect

• 27 posts

You guys need to just see the series is over. Really now.

Just go on and hope neither the Bruins or the Penguins win the cup. That slash that wasn't called at the end of the third period was ridiculous. There's some serious Bruin bias. The players are d-bags, and the fans are equally as bad. So long as the Bruins and Penguins get knocked around, I consider it a win.

#746 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,698 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:17 PM

Early exit this year.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#747 themcityblues

themcityblues

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Exactly like the Nashville series, split on the road, s*** the bed at home. Now granted this effort was the best of the series, and Z was a warrior out there, but he had no help. Nyquist is scared to death out there, Franzen is floating, Babs has Legwand wasting away with Glendening and Miller. Nothing going our way, the kind of bounce Boston gets in OT is when the hockey gods tell ya it's not your year.

It just doesn't look like Legwand has the legs, puck control or balance for playoff hockey.  I don't think any linemate would "wake him up".

#748 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,965 posts

Someone like Vanek who could have been gotten with a late round pick? Naaaah.

Instead we give up more for a 4th line center. 

Holland says he doesn't like overpaying.

Then he overpays for people like Legwand, Quincey, Sammy and Carlo Coca-Cola.    

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#749 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,536 posts

For some reason, teams like Dallas and Columbus are doing pretty good against the higher seeds.  We don't have less talent than those squads.  

We just don't have a team that believes in its coach and the attitude in the organization isn't correct.  

Boston is way better than the Pens or Ducks too. Neither of those teams is known for good playoff showings lately.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#750 Dave

Dave

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,188 posts

s*** series, s*** year. Good riddance 2013-2014 season.

#751 barabbas16

barabbas16

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:18 PM

Well, it was a lot better showing than Game 3.  That's just a better team. 

Would have been nice to have seen how the game would have gone if Chara hadn't gotten that call with his giant dive, though. 

Also would have been nice if another goal had not been scored by Douchic, who is moving up and up on my least favorite players list. 

Also would be nice to not have to put up with playing one of the worst D pairings in the league seemingly over and over again - it somehow seems to me like they are never off the ice.

#752 IndianaRedWing

IndianaRedWing

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 55 posts

Im glad i don't have to complain about the goalie tonight. If only howard didn't singlehandedly give momentum to bos in games 2 and 3...

Put gus in for game 5

Boston doesn't need anyone to given momentum to them. And that's the basic difference.

#753 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,965 posts

Thisf****** sucks. Good effort tonight and still nothing to show for it. I wish someone would paralyze Lucic and Marchand.

If only we had a player on our team that has experience with something like that.  

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#754 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts

I'm pissed that the chara dive changes the entire complex of the game... We didn't play well from that play on... If Babcock does anything right he calls out how much of a joke the league is becoming and takes the fine...

On another note... We went to sleep and we got what we deserves... Nyquist played way over his head this season and people need to understand it's going to take time for him to be a legit NHLer. Either way changes will be made by necessity.

#755 Phil Lesh

Phil Lesh

Silver apples in the sun.

• PipPip
  • 304 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 10:19 PM

Doesn't matter who is in net. These guys never really had a chance against the Bruins.

#756 STL-Wings

STL-Wings

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 68 posts

A lot of factors for the game/season but playing only 40 min deserves a loss no matter if it's against the President's winner or the worst team in the league. 

#757 Jeff6851

Jeff6851

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 726 posts

I really hope this was Gustavsson's last game as a Red Wing. I can't tell you how many times I held my breath on something that wasn't a big deal because of him.

Detroit fan living in St. Louis
"To whom much is given, much is expected."
"Play them six times, they might win four, but not this game. Not tonight."
"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

#758 GoalieManPat

GoalieManPat

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Im glad i don't have to complain about the goalie tonight. If only howard didn't singlehandedly give momentum to bos in games 2 and 3...

Put gus in for game 5

How quickly you forget that the only reason the Wings had momentum was his play in the 1st game. Gus played well but this game should have been 5-2 had Boston hit open nets. 

#759 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Hope we stay healthy all yr next yr. Wouldn't have ended up playing boston if we were this yr...or if we had won the carolina game
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#760 wingnut_05

wingnut_05

devoted

• 21 posts

Monster kept us in there...

What the hell happened to Nyquist? And would somebody please fight somebody.